The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Boards Alive reviews Sentinel Tactics and PAX Prime 2014

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boards Alive
Boards Alive reviews Sentinel Tactics and PAX Prime 2014

Hey Everyone,

We just wanted to post the link to our newest podcast episode on here because without GTG, we wouldn't be talking about the content of this episode. So here is the link (http://boardsalivepodcast.wordpress.com/2014/09/21/episode-11-sentinel-tactics-paxtravaganza/) to Episode 11 of the Boards Alive Podcast where we review Sentinel Tactics, talk about Galactic Strike Force, and gush profusely about our time at PAX Prime 2014 as members of the GTG team and board gamers in general.

Thanks again to Paul, Christopher, Adam, Russ, and everyone else we met at PAX Prime 2014

Also, feel free to subsrcibe or chat with us in any way!

Thanks,

Aaron & Quinten

The Podcast that brings Board Games to Life
www.boardsalivepodcast.wordpress.com

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Why the triple post?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Boards Alive

Oh, I just put it in a few different forums. I wasn't thinking of the active forums list, just the different topic areas. Trying to spread the word as much as I can.

Sorry, won't screw it up next time.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Boards Alive wrote:

Oh, I just put it in a few different forums. I wasn't thinking of the active forums list, just the different topic areas. Trying to spread the word as much as I can.Sorry, won't screw it up next time.

Hey, guys! Let me know which you want to keep and I'll clean up the rest. smiley (And I'll post a proper response once we have one long-term thread for this. wink)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Hmm... I wonder if they realized that the bios are on the back of the character panels at this point.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:

Hmm... I wonder if they realized that the bios are on the back of the character panels at this point.

Well, I'm sure they do now. wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Boards Alive

YES! I totally forgot about this point when we were recording. Another listener reminded me of this later on, which was awesome. We are going to mention it at the start of our next episode so that we don't lead anyone astray.

Also, Russ, you can delete the other posts, as this one was the one that spawned discussion.

And thanks again for the awesome time. You and the rest of the volunteers made the weekend AMAZING.

boxwood
Playtester

I gotta say this may have been one of the better reviews for a gtg product that I've watched/heard, you and the guy you do this with have a really good rapport. There aren't a lot of breaks or moments of dead air. It did drag a bit, I definitely skipped the party where you talked about PAX for the most part. I guess if I could give you advice I would say you should have split your talk about the con and the review into two separate episodes 2 and a half hours is quite a bit of time to devote to something.

Boards Alive

Yeah, it turned into a pretty huge long episode. It was our longest one to date. And we don't mind if you skip stuff or skip to different points in the show. We know everyone has different amounts of time to give to podcasts. So feel free to listen to the parts you are interested in and skipping whatever you aren't that in to.

Thanks for the positive comments as well. We seem to be hitting our stride at this point and are getting more comfortable in front of the mic. We actually reviewed Sentinels of the Multiverse in our very first episode, if you want to hear our opinion on that too.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Boards Alive wrote:

Thanks again to Paul, Christopher, Adam, Russ, and everyone else we met at PAX Prime 2014

I'll say, from my perspective, you are very welcome.

And thank you (and all the other volunteers who did such a great job for GTG) for taking the time to help promote the games and support the company. You really helped make my job easier and I think there were a lot of folks who fell in love with the games thanks partially to the energy and personality you both provided (along with the other folks).

I have to say it's really entertaining listening to the podcast, because - now that I've met you two - I can actually see you talking and having the conversation. cool