The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Blood Mage Lifeline Unlock Discussion

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Blood Mage Lifeline Unlock Discussion

Here it is! The final variant unlock thread  of Sentinels of the Multiverse!

It's been an exciting journey, and I can't wait until we get to do it all over again for Sentinels of Earth-Prime!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

NyxFSSD

https://pastebin.com/nJthWk25
https://puu.sh/DptKY/55cdea95df.png

Had all of his ongoings/equipment out when he was incapped, and played at least one copy of each of his one-shots. Fought Gloomweaver (doubt it's important), team was TL Tachyon, Greatest Legacy, PW AA, base Visionary, Lifeline (Visionary mainly there for Twist the Ether and Wrest the Mind, chose base to give Lifeline more draws), so I doubt the specific team comp matters. Was in Court of Blood, which is where he actually became a blood mage, so probably important? Had Bathory incap him because of story reasons, might be related, might have been unnecessary.

JimB
JimB's picture

I thought Sentinels of Earth-Prime didn't reach the Kickstarter goal for video game translation?

Kupo.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

It’s not a guarantee but based off the survey Handelabra sent its a possibility 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

I hope so.  I really liked making those decks and want more people to play them. 

JimB
JimB's picture

I mean, I'd buy it. But anyway, back on topic, I tried recreating NyxFSSD's unlock almost word for word (I switched Team Leader Tachyon for Freedom Five Absolute Zero and Prime Wardens Argent Adept for the Hunted Naturalist), and got no unlock. I wonder if the difference is that Lifeline was in the third position rather than the first.

Kupo.

payprplayn

Incapped by blood countess Bathory with one of each equipment/ongoing in play.  No unlock. 

Attachment(s): 
JimB
JimB's picture

NyxFSSD wrote:
Had all of his ongoings/equipment out when he was incapped, and played at least one copy of each of his one-shots. Fought GloomWeaver (doubt it's important), team was TL Tachyon, Greatest Legacy, PW AA, base Visionary, Lifeline (Visionary mainly there for Twist the Ether and Wrest the Mind, chose base to give Lifeline more draws), so I doubt the specific team comp matters. Was in Court of Blood, which is where he actually became a blood mage, so probably important? Had Bathory incap him because of story reasons, might be related, might have been unnecessary.

I've tried all of this several times, and it just didn't work. Maybe the problem is I had GloomWeaver set to Advanced.

Kupo.

Jerro893

Gave it a couple of tries.

https://pastebin.com/2RnLfK5X

Fought Ambuscade in Court of Blood, in case the Villain didn't matter.  Played SST, AGL, Lifeline, Dr. Medico.  Put out all the equipment and ongoings I legally could, And had his entire deck under his equipment cards.  Then I messed up and had Lifeline Incap himself.  No unlock.

https://pastebin.com/XXMWD9nB

Then Tried again, same Villain and Environment, but this time with Lifeline, Akash'Thriya: SotV, Hunted Naturalist, and Scholar.  Put out all the equipment and ongoings, again, and let Bathory Incap.  Did not have many cards under his equipment this time, though.  No unlock.

So either the Villain does matter, or the team does.  I wouldn't think team, because the unlock looks like a hodgepodge of heroes to me, but it could be that we need one specific hero as well?

JimB
JimB's picture

Jerro893 wrote:
So either the Villain does matter, or the team does.  I wouldn't think team, because the unlock looks like a hodgepodge of heroes to me, but it could be that we need one specific hero as well?

Maybe Argent Adept? He's taught a lot of heroes magic, right?

EDIT: Or maybe it's about taking a certain minimum amount of infernal damage. The one unlock got nailed by Cursed Acolytes a lot.

Kupo.

Jerro893

Tried another game with a different baddie.  Apostate this time.  He did flip a couple times, but I doubt that has anything to do with anything.

https://pastebin.com/5xiEuyda

Same general idea.  Played with Lifeline, Dark Argent Adept, Dark Visionary, and Naturalist.  Everything I could legally get out was out, managed to Incap with Bathory.  No unlock.

Usoki
Usoki's picture

Put both Cosmic Immolations into play, as well as Casing and Battery. Did not play all equips, did not play all ongoings. I think I played at least one of every one-shot, including a long chain of cards during LL's last turn. Used Tach to have Bathory kill LL, killed Ambuscade next turn. No unlock. Possibly needs all ongoings, or as many ongoings as possible?  Or maybe not enough cards in a row, I didn't abuse empty trash / card draw as much as I could have.

Attachment(s): 
MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The community has discovered the official unlock condition for Lifeline - Blood Mage.

Win a game in the Court of Blood with Lifeline on the team. Play each of Lifeline's unique one-shots while both copies of Cosmic Immolation are in play. Lifeline must be incapacitated by Blood Countess Bathory. No other heroes may be incapacitated.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Blackfang108
Playtester

This is going to suck.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Anyone have good suggestions for team makeup? I'm thinking Dark Visionary for A) the ability to make sure Blood Countess gets out when you need her and B) Wrest the Mind to redirect her damage to Lifeline? Probably also standards like Legacy, TLT and maybe even the Naturalist, to keep everyone alive until it's time for Lifeline to die.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

AA is better than Legs in this case if you ask me.  This involves a lot of card plays and PWAA is good at getting multiple cards out at once and with TLT he can get himself ready pretty quickly.  But yeah, TLT, AA, Lifeline, Vis is pretty good for this.

I'll put things in here later.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

If you are concerned with Lifeline’s self damage you can add Ra for Imbued Fire and Flesh of the Sun God

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

The Grim Digger

I got it with a team of Dark Visionary, La Commodora, Lifeline, Haka, and Grandpa Legacy.  Apart from the other uses mentioned, DV also used Mass Levitation to keep the environment in check.  After a while, Lifeline's self-damage was less of a problem than keeping him from killing the Blood Countess or Ambuscade too early; I had to destroy Alien Arcana because I couldn't skip its damage.  It took a while to set it up, but the easiest way to manage both was to let Unhallowed Halls stay in play and use Twist to cancel any damage I didn't want by setting its type to radiant.

k.gulbr

I got it fairly easily with Lifeline, Dr. Medico, Team Leader Tachyon, Parse, and Guise. Lifeline's obvious. Doc kept everyone alive while we were setting everything up and could even keep Lifeline up with both Immolations out. Tachyon was for environment control, getting Lifeline's hand full, and controlled damage (plus the Hypersonics prevented damage). Parse was for overall control and boosting Guise's damage for the end. And Guise was for controlled damage and the finishing blow. Took a while, but there was never any real risk of dying (against Ambuscade at least).

scifantasy
scifantasy's picture

I used F5 Legacy, Lifeline, F6 Tachyon, and Dr. Medico. What I realized is that the condition doesn't require that Countess Bathory deal damage with her own text--Infecting an Heir works.

dmiitrie

Goddammit!  I miscounted and forgot to play one of my one shots.   = (

I used Lifeline, DV for deck control, Akash’thriya for environment control, and Haka for minion control against GW Voss. It was a pretty easy fight, but time consuming and I’m not looking forward to having to do it over again.  

Missingno
Missingno's picture

I used Void Akash, PWAA, Redeemer Fanatic, Lifeline, and Visonary myself.  No reason in particular for Fanatic, I just wanted an angel to hang around.  For this unlock I advise someone that has equip breaking like Apostate so you can play Terminarc's Casing when you're setting thing's up and have it blown up when you're ready to kill lifeline.  AA was also invaluable in making sure Lifeline didn't die at the wrong time or to the wrong thing with lots of counterpoint bullwarks.

Funnily enough, Akash, AA, Fanatic, and Lifeline all have a surprising amount of "everyone heals 1 HP" cards in their decks when you put them all together making the team more durable than it has any right to be.

I'll put things in here later.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I used Hunted Naturalist, TLT, Young Legs and Dark Vis. Made a list to make sure I got every one-shot played. Final one was Unnatural Upheaval, to drop Environmental Allies. Lifeline spent a lot of time beating on his friends so the villain wouldn't die. XD

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Actually wasn't that bad.

My team was Dark Visionary, Team Leader Tachyon, Hunted Naturalist, Argent Adept, and Lifeline vs Ambuscade. Twist the Ether on Ambuscade and Lifeline is helpful.

Just camp and draw cards until you get everything, then have him play both Immolations before his turn. Then use all 3 Calculated Actions -- along with some well-timed Haunting Memories -- at once to play all of the requisite one-shots in one turn. I utilized a Sonic Mine so he wouldn't self-destruct, and just went crazy (got stupid, AAHHHHHH). Slapped a Wrest the Mind on Bathory once she came out, and with the multiple Feasts of Flesh I focused her on Lifeline and then reactivated Allies to cut the environment off. Then it was just a matter of winning, which... was against Ambuscade, so no problem.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

gossamerica2

I used my usual “control everything” route of fighting Advanced Gloomweaver, and using Haka (as player 4) to collect all of the villain and environment targets under Savage Mana.  With the help of Dominion, eventually have nothing left in Haka’s draw pile and use Ground Pound every turn until you’re ready to end it.

Visionary unleashed (as player 3) uses Mass Levitation to keep the environment in check (before Haka’s eternal Ground Pound) is ready.  Twist the Ether on Lifeline, with Unhallowed Halls prevents Lifeline from killing himself, and Wrest the Mind on Bathory makes her deliver the final blow to Lifeline (and maybe Gloomweaver for fun).  He base power helps do damage when needed.

Tempest (player 2) uses Flash Flood if needed to remove 1-2 Unhallowed Halls to enable Cleansing Downpour or to pull Bathory out from under Savage Mana; either use helps Haka draw more cards. His one-shots help take targets down, and Reclaim From the Deep helps pull stuff from trash if needed.  After Lifeline is down, a TtE on him turns his damage from Hurricane, Cyclone, and Shackles into an Infernal (boosted by Unhallowed Halls) damage machine.

Lifeline eventually gets everything in play or in hand, uses Discharge Lifeforce 2x per turn to let Tempest keep healing if needed.  When ready, Calculated Actions and Unleash Energy let him play all his one-shots, bring Gloomweaver down quickly if desired, and get himself close to death.  After Bathory is forced to finish Lifeline off (maybe with TtE + Halls), Haka has a big boosted Savage Mana ready to kill Gloomweaver if desired (or just dump the relics in the trash for the win).

Under3
Under3's picture
Playtester

I used a team of Nightmist, Dark Visionary and Lifeline.

Visionary controlled decks as need be and put twist the ether on Lifeline then popped into a cocoon as the lowest hp target to keep herself protected, Nightmist went mistform to keep herself highest hp target. Most damage won't be targeted at Lifeline until ready, going to one of the invulnerable ladies instead and Lifeline can easily take out anything that might be an aoe danger.

Once there was Unhallowed Halls in play let Lifeline play all his cards negating any self damage by twisting it to radiant. Get Lifeline to pop any environment cards that might cause trouble (Unhallowed Halls has a tendency to make Nightmist very deadly - to both villains and heroes) then drop Nightmist out of mistform redirect damage from Bathory to Lifeline and he'll go down pretty quickly.

This leaves Nightmist with many damaging options in hand after a good amount of time in mistform to easily win the game, Visionary can also pop out of her cocoon for some psychic damage if Nightmist isn't flinging about too much team damage.

Pretty easy to get like that.