The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Blitz Rule Clarification

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
fjur
fjur's picture
Blitz Rule Clarification

The Blitz Scenario Card reads:

"RULE CHANGES
All powers are Fasticon.png
Powers which were already Fasticon.png (or made Fasticon.png) cost 1 less Energy. (For Innate Powers and Power Cards cost 0, instead gain 1 Energy.)
When Exploring, once per board, add an additional Explorericon.png.
If the Island becomes "Blighted", put 1 less Blighticon.png per player on the Blight Card."

My question is: when you add the additional Explorericon.png, do you add them in the Land type shown or in any land of your choosing?

I played with the latter, because if it were the former the Scenario Card would look something like this:

"RULE CHANGES
All powers are Fasticon.png
Powers which were already Fasticon.png (or made Fasticon.png) cost 1 less Energy. (For Innate Powers and Power Cards cost 0, instead gain 1 Energy.)
When Exploring, once per board in the shown Land Type, add an additional Explorericon.png.
If the Island becomes "Blighted", put 1 less Blighticon.png per player on the Blight Card."

I tried to find an answer in the online, mobile-friendly living FAQ, but it didn't have an answer.

This space was intentionally left blank.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

It's in the land type shown.

I'll craft a suitable FAQ answer when I get a chance; I believe similar effects occur elsewhere, and need to double-check the occurences.

(Also, welcome!)

fjur
fjur's picture

Thanks for the answer. May I ask where you're got it? No offense, but I'd like to make sure its not just an assumption.

(thanks for Welcoming me!)

This space was intentionally left blank.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

No offense taken! Years of editing and playtesting; I'm an editor of the game, and wrote most of the FAQ entries. (And it's my fault the card is a little ambiguous here.)

Concretely, there's a more subtle answer. In this case, the question was asked before on BoardGameGeek: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2006017/blitz-additional-explorer . The person answering isn't authoritative, but the answer was tipped by darker, aka Eric Reuss, the designer; this is his signal that the answer was 100% correct and needs no further clarification.

I'll add a note to clarify the wording in some eventual future printing.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I added a FAQ.