The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Blazing Tornado

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
dedlius
Blazing Tornado

We are very confused as to how Blazing Tornado works.

1. When it enters play, it immediately spawns the tornado and the 6 spaces around it are hazard spaces, correct?

2. How do you mark the hazard spaces? (or do you just know that they are hazardous cause they are adjacent to the tornado?)

3. If someone is standing adjacent to (or on the space) that the tornado spawns, are they attacked immediately? or not until the end of their next turn (when hazard spaces activate).

4. If you choose BT as one of your starting power cards, does it spawn immediately during setup?

5. What happens if you replace BT with another card, does the tornado disappear and, does it then reappear when you put it back into play?

Some of these questions may be really dumb, but I just want to be absolutely clear as to how it works.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

1. Correct.

2. You just know because it's next to and on the Tornado.

3. No, they did not enter the Hazard Space, so they are not instantly attacked. They will not be attacked until the move onto a Hazard Space or end their turn on it.

4. Yes.

5. It disappears when the card leaves play. If you play Blazing Tornado again later (note you cannot remove it and play it again on the same turn) it will once again be placed somewhere in Ra's current Line of SIght.

dedlius

Thank you for the answers. That helps.

One more question.

If you spawn the tornado directly on another character (is that allowed?) they would then be forced to move through a hazard space to get away from it, correct? If not, is there any other way to guarantee that the Tornado will attack someone?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

1,4&5.  Blazing Tornado enters play when the card enters play, so you can spawn with it.  (really great map control to start)  If you swap out Blazing tornado, or the card leaves play the tornado goes away.  It comes back when the card is played, once again anywhere in Ra's line of sight.  As soon as it enters play the hazard spaces are active.

2.  Hazard spaces are unmarked, just have to remember to check what cards are in play, and remember that Tornado will burn you.

3.  No.  Only when they enter a hazard space or end their turn on it.

Tornado is mostly map control, it is great for stopping Vis or Unity from hiding out in advantageous places.  It also is great for melting AZ's Structures.

Spawning it on someone would seem to be legal.  I can't remember if that was a thing.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

You can totally put it ontop of somebody. Other than that, there is no way to ensure it will hit somebody, unless you are facing someone who only has Melee attacks and you stand inside of it. Also it serves as a way to control the enemy's movement.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

No, can't melt the structures anymore. they are no longer targets, to compensate for them hitting allies.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

As far as putting it on someone else, it's not a character or a companion, which are the only things forbidden from staying in the same space. You can stack up Glacial Structures, Blazing Tornado, the Monorail, a scenario token, and a character all on one hex if you really wanted.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Oh that's right, I totally forgot that change.

I need to pay more attention when I play, I've probably been playing some things wrong.