The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Bee Bot to the rescue!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture
Bee Bot to the rescue!

Played a game last night that featured AA, Unity, Haka, and Tempest vs. Akush'Bhuta in Pike Industries. Not the best environment for A'B due to its paucity of targets  (she actually milled both Mutagenic Growths while playing Limbs too), but that's randmoness for you. Besides, it was kind of thematic for a chaotic nature spirit to go all eco-teur on Pike's chemical factory.

Anyway, at one point we had a Vat Explosion flip up. I thought Unity's bots were gonna be toast -- and she had quite a few, since we had the sweeping limb under control -- although Stealth Bot was out so we could still save a couple. Then I realized that Bee Bot destroys an environment card when it gets destroyed...

So A'B took 3, then Bee Bot sucked up the whole explosion.

Two turns later this happened again.

Yeah, we won that one pretty handily. She never even flipped, although the Environment deck was exhausted on the turn we defeated her.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Bee Bot is awesome in dealing with these kinds of situations. We've even had the Bee Bot save the heroes from a volcano. laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture

I thought Unity was weak on utility until I saw what Bee Bot can do. It can only respond to a fairly specific set of threats, but it's the only out-of-turn environment/ongoing destruction in the game. Which is pretty damn strong.

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

Bee Bot is my favourite bot Unity has made. Every time the bee dies, it's a great moment in history.

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

Greonhal
Playtester

I played a game earlier today where a Velociraptor appeared and chomped Bee Bot, which blasted Ambuscade, then destroyed the Velociraptor. We decided that meant Ambuscade had been riding the Raptor, which ate the Bee Bot, prompting Bee Bot to explode. Inside the Raptor.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Awesome, great job "visualizing" an explanation for what happened with mechanics.  Woot!

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Greonhal wrote:

I played a game earlier today where a Velociraptor appeared and chomped Bee Bot, which blasted Ambuscade, then destroyed the Velociraptor. We decided that meant Ambuscade had been riding the Raptor, which ate the Bee Bot, prompting Bee Bot to explode. Inside the Raptor.

Hilarious!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Kalidor

Greonhal, that's great stuff!   I wasn't sure if I was being too "dorky" with my kids when I was...explaining to them?...certain card combinations and what that "looked like" in a comic book world.  Lol...good times!