The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Baron Blade's Teleport movement

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
truednd
truednd's picture
Playtester
Baron Blade's Teleport movement

There was some contention yesterday when playing the first scenario and using Baron Blade's teleport movement power (I do not have the card currently with me, so I don't remember the exact name or the full wording of what the card says).

Because it does state that Baron Blade can choose a spot within line of sight, if he were to stand at Elevation 4, could he teleport to any spot at elevation 3 and/or 4 using this movement ability? Obviously he can only do it one time per turn, but just looking for clarification because I do remember that it only states that LOS is required for the movement, but doesn't list the exact range.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

truednd wrote:

There was some contention yesterday when playing the first scenario and using Baron Blade's teleport movement power (I do not have the card currently with me, so I don't remember the exact name or the full wording of what the card says).Because it does state that Baron Blade can choose a spot within line of sight, if he were to stand at Elevation 4, could he teleport to any spot at elevation 3 and/or 4 using this movement ability? Obviously he can only do it one time per turn, but just looking for clarification because I do remember that it only states that LOS is required for the movement, but doesn't list the exact range.

Yup thats right. He can port clear across the map depending on where he is standing. It's vital for Blade, and heros just have to be very aware of it.

truednd
truednd's picture
Playtester

Got it. Thank you for the clarification.

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

Note that it may not be every space of height 3 and 4 that he can see. If the Baron is on elevation 4, an intervening space of elevation 4 may block his Line of Sight to an elevation 3 space further on.

truednd
truednd's picture
Playtester

Correct, I do understand that. Thanks for the help with the clarification though. Just wanted to make sure I understood thing clearly.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

The main point, I think, was whether or not distance was a factor. And it's not. Blade NEEDS that mobility. He isn't that powerful in a face to face encounter, so he relies more in hit and run tactics. As expected from an evil scientist.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector