The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Baron Blade Part 1

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
waedens
Playtester
Baron Blade Part 1

Couple of questions from part one of the baron blade adventure. This is our first time playing so some of these may be simple. 

1) Can Unity's bots aim and dodge?

2) when bunker uses expert tactician do bots get a defense +1 token?

3) baron blade and bunker are both on a level 3 structure and there are three level 1 hexes between then. What is their range to each other?

4) baron blade and bunker are both on level 1 hexes. They are four hexes apart with a level 4 building between them. The Baron uses devious disruption (origin 0, range 6). Does the baron taken his tokens? And is bunker in range to take damage?

5) looking forward to part 2, the baron may spend 1 action to activate a blade battalion. On the card it says that the blade battalion gets two actions. Does this mean that he activates them and then they get their two actions or do they only get the 1 action that the Baron gave to them?

OK that was more than a couple so I will stop there. Thanks in advanced for your expertise. 

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

waedens wrote:

Couple of questions from part one of the baron blade adventure. This is our first time playing so some of these may be simple. 1) Can Unity's bots aim and dodge?

I'm pretty sure they can

waedens wrote:

2) when bunker uses expert tactician do bots get a defense +1 token?

I'm pretty sure based upo na rulling on another effect, that the bots are not your ally, the player controlling them is.  Though any tokens they have may be used for either unity or her bots. Each bot does, and keeps their own stash of tokens.

waedens wrote:

3) baron blade and bunker are both on a level 3 structure and there are three level 1 hexes between then. What is their range to each other?

24, as they are 24 hexes away from the other and no diffrence in their elevation.

waedens wrote:

4) baron blade and bunker are both on level 1 hexes. They are four hexes apart with a level 4 building between them. The Baron uses devious disruption (origin 0, range 6). Does the baron taken his tokens? And is bunker in range to take damage?

All enemies, even those who wouldn't be in ranage of the attack, discard tokens.  While bunker would be in range, area attack still need line of sight to the orgin, which the elevation 4 hex blocks.

waedens wrote:

5) looking forward to part 2, the baron may spend 1 action to activate a blade battalion. On the card it says that the blade battalion gets two actions. Does this mean that he activates them and then they get their two actions or do they only get the 1 action that the Baron gave to them?

When he activates the ability, a single battalion takes a turn, using both actions.

Edited to remove inccorect information

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

3)  you count the hexes from 1 to the other, then add the difference in elevation.  So with three hexes between them they are 4 hexes apart, and since they are at the same elvation, 4+0=4.  Range of 4.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Question 3's answer is actually 4 range, you're on the same elevation but you're 4 hexes apart.

3-1-1-1-3

The other answers I agree with.

EDIT: Curse you Phantaskippy! I thought with Ronway asleep I was clear of ninja!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

No one is safe from the Penguin Mafia.

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

Unity's bots aren't characters, but they are allies, and will be affected by anything that specifies allies. Also, Unity can't use tokens on her sheet for attack or defense rolls her bots make; they can only use their own tokens.

Rule of thumb -- if they're a target (i.e. they have hp), they make their own attacks, have their own tokens, etc. If they don't have hp (like Impaling Structure for instance), their character is the one making the attack.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Then Proletariat, how would he work?

gaining a defense+1 token for each of his copies, or just one, since he is one target?

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

phantaskippy wrote:

Then Proletariat, how would he work?gaining a defense+1 token for each of his copies, or just one, since he is one target?

Proletariat is multiple targets, but one character (and one ally).

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

updated my post to remove inccorect information.

waedens
Playtester

Thanks for the help!