The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Banning Characters

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Banning Characters

So, it seems like this is a new rule for the next tournament. Each team will be allowed to ban one character.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Hopefully that will result in seeing all of the characters used in matches.   Could prevent seeing Dawn or Blade entirely.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

If you get first pick you can ban Omnitron and take Dawn.  Which should cause Operative to start getting used.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

phantaskippy wrote:

If you get first pick you can ban Omnitron and take Dawn.  Which should cause Operative to start getting used.

If Ra wasn't so squishy, he could be just as effective. Might need Legacy support thought to be viable in a tourny setting.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Dawn Ra is awesome, especially if you can grap Omnitron or Operative with the third.  You use Ra like you use Ambuscade's Traps, but with the pillar, Solar flare and Dawn's buff with citizen Truth protecting Ra give you some great damage.

I've used Unity too, but you need better protection than Stealth Bot.

If you can grab Omnitron with your first pick, then Unity Ra would be amazing for your others.  Keep Ra in the trees, and keep him next to Champion Bot and Turret Bot.  Then have Omnitron run enemies through the gambit of Turret Bott at 5D and Ra's Tornado or Living Pyre at even more.

Still are vulnerable to origin attacks, but you can throw down some crazy damage.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

phantaskippy wrote:

Dawn Ra is awesome, especially if you can grap Omnitron or Operative with the third.  You use Ra like you use Ambuscade's Traps, but with the pillar, Solar flare and Dawn's buff with citizen Truth protecting Ra give you some great damage.I've used Unity too, but you need better protection than Stealth Bot.If you can grab Omnitron with your first pick, then Unity Ra would be amazing for your others.  Keep Ra in the trees, and keep him next to Champion Bot and Turret Bot.  Then have Omnitron run enemies through the gambit of Turret Bott at 5D and Ra's Tornado or Living Pyre at even more.Still are vulnerable to origin attacks, but you can throw down some crazy damage.

You made me think of something interesting. Character Bans will have an impact on the teams chosen, but the environment can have a big impact too. I'd hazard to guess that a map comprised mostly of Insula Primalis would see more Bunker play where as a map that was more city might see some Tachyon impact. Tachyon doesn't fair well in wide open spaces and Bunker hates moving through buildings. I'd be interested to see some map shake ups in the next tourney

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

There will be different maps, but they didn't say what it will be.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I really want to be in/at a tournament just to see the evolution of match-ups.  I can't wait to see what people do when someone puts Ambuscade Proletariat and Operative together, those three are not easy to incap, and they can wipe a target every round pretty easily.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

phantaskippy wrote:

I really want to be in/at a tournament just to see the evolution of match-ups.  I can't wait to see what people do when someone puts Ambuscade Proletariat and Operative together, those three are not easy to incap, and they can wipe a target every round pretty easily.

Luckily, with our patented TactiCast system, you can!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

That's Amazing!

Bas

Dawn, Beacon and Proletariat work well together as well, helps Proletariat set up and spread out nice and fast.