The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Backlash Field

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ronaldo
Backlash Field

Is the damage given to each hero dealing damage or just to the first hero dealing damage?

The question is, how is turn defined? Is it the global turn, counting from villain's turn to villain's turn? Or, is each hero's turn considered a separate turn?

Thanks

awp832
Playtester

each hero's turn is a turn.  the environment turn is a turn, and the villan turn is a turn.

cards meant to have "round"  lasting effects are worded as such; eg Legacy's Galvanize  reads "Until the start of your next turn.."

"He robbed from the rich and he-
gave to the poor.
Stood up to the Man and he-
gave him what for. 
Our love for him now,
aint hard to explain,
the hero of Canton,
the man they call "Jayne""

Ronaldo

So, every hero could potentially receive the damage. Sounds pretty bad if it comes early in the game or if there are multiple of these on the table.
Thank you

BerkMarc

What happens when Backlash Field is activated as a result of Atlantean Font of Power? (Each hero has to play the top card of their hero deck, but it remains the environment deck's turn.) Would only the first hero to do damage in this way receive the backlash, or each of them? My inclination is to give each hero the damage as normal, but perhaps it needs it needs a whole turn to "recharge".

I really hate Backlash Field by the way :)

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

In that case, the heroes are not taking turns, they are simply playing the top card of their deck as part of the environment turn, so only the first target to deal damage to Baron Blade during the environment turn gets targetted by Backlash field.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Actually, Christopher recently ruled that Backlash Field, Flame Barrier, and Combat Stance all happen the first time EACH TARGET deals damage in a turn, so each hero would take damage.  I'll look for the posting and add the ruling link when I find it.

Edit: Bah, his official response was in the Playtest forums....seeing if I can find another reference.

Edit2: Here's the playtest link for those of you that can read it.  I can't seem to find anything outside it.

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum/topic/enhanced-edition-cardsheet-baron-blade

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/comment/8058#comment-8058

Link to a post in the rules and gameplay forum, where Christopher's post is quoted... by you in fact!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Laf, well, okay, but a link of me quoting Christopher isn't exactly the same as a link of Christopher actually saying it himself.

But yeah, that's what I was looking for :)  Thanks.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Is anyone else seeing this thread show up as two different threads and always updated?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Someone's not been reading the entirety of the forum, your secret shame is exposed!

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/comment/11121#comment-11121

from there onwards.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Also, if you read the timestamps, you would see my reply was back in December 2011, back when I was going off what I thought Adam said back in August 2011.  Christopher cleared this up sometime earlier this year.  Any time I've brought this up afterwards, I've always mentioned Christopher's updated ruling.  The only reason this topic got brought up is because someone else created a new topic with the same name as this old topic, and the new forums can't handle it. (Both end up with the same URL, which truly only points to the first topic, making the new topic unreadable.  The person who made the "duplicate" topic has since reposted his topic as "Backlash Field Second Paragraph.")

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Can someone delete the second topic with this same name so we don't keep seeing two, please?  Thanks.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Might want to be careful trying to do that.  An attempt to delete the second topic might actually result in the first topic being deleted instead (for the same reason as why clicking the second topic results in the first topic being displayed).

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

The last time this happened CajunJoel changed the thread title of the second one, I think we just need to wait for that to happen again... or you could try clicking the "mark all read" button to see if that fixes the notification problem.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Marking all as read worked for me.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm