The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

August 2016?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
August 2016?

Kinda surprised by the shipping date. Thought this game was further along than that

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

The gameplay is pretty polished, and has been for a while. It must be other production issues.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

You ahve to take into consideration all the publishing and production time, especially since they are planning on all those little extras that need tooling and stuff. It could likely be ealier than August when it's all said and done, but I imagine they gave a fairly conservative ETA in order to take into account all the possible stuff that can (and likely will) delay a project. 

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You have to keep in mind that some things still have to be settled especially if stretch goals are reached.  I'm sure there will be some back and forth with the printing company as well to get things right.   Lastly, while they list August things could come sooner if things fall into place better then expected. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Lastly, while they list April things could come sooner if things fall into place better then expected.
Do they list April somewhere?
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Meant August sorry. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Meant August sorry.
Darn, you had my hopes up there.
Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Also, there's a TON of art in this game. And, as you've seen in the Kickstarter video, we have a bunch of different artists doing the art, but that takes a bunch of Adam's time to rangle all the artists.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Move 'em up!  Get 'em out! Rawhide!

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:
Also, there's a TON of art in this game. And, as you've seen in the Kickstarter video, we have a bunch of different artists doing the art, but that takes a bunch of Adam's time to rangle all the artists.
I've just been looking at a bunch of it. Is there ever a ton! And it's awesome stuff.
morph147

I understand their is a lot of production going into this. My comment ment I thought this was further along than it was. But the artwork does make sense and I understand coming from that angle why the estimate is so far off.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Foote is also totally right about tooling - this is the most "bits" intensive game we have made so far, and it is likely to take a while to get it right. On top of that, some things are very preliminary (like the sculpts for invader pieces, which are being worked on as we speak based on all of your feedback!), so we have to finalize them, THEN do tooling, which will take even more time.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

All it took to design Stonehenge was a doodle on a napkin.  I don't see why this project would take that much time.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It's not uncommon for plastic injection molding tools to take 2-3 months to make. That alone puts us into next year, before any actual production begins (and ignoring any of the steps that have to happen before tooling gets kicked off).

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

phantaskippy wrote:

All it took to design Stonehenge was a doodle on a napkin.  I don't see why this project would take that much time.

And that project was delayed because they had to invent napkins first!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

phantaskippy wrote:

And that project was delayed because they had to invent napkins first!

And doodling!

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett