The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ask Another Forumite!

908 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I purposely left it vague. wink If there are certain condition for choosing one option, what are the conditions?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

That's a tough question. I do love chocolate... but I also like fruits and veggies a lot. I guess I'd have to have chocolate turn into the healthy stuff, because if I couldn't eat fruits and veggies due to them turning in to chocolate all the time, I'd get scurvy and die.

Active Questions:

@Ronway

In a city, there is a house. In the house, there is a room. In the room, there is a desk. In the desk, there is a drawer. In the drawer, there is a box. What is in the box?

@Theta_Sigma: Which actor would play you in the movie of your life?

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Posting to express interest in playing here :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

What Ameena said :D

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Me too, I want to be popular.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I refuse to participate in this silly game... wait. No! I've posted here, now I'm forced in, Aiiieeeeee!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

This is super neat.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

You could always put a time limit on question-answering. If someone doesn't answer their question in four seconds, the thread dies and someone can pipe in and ask a new one.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Oh boy, I really do have a box that is in a drawer, that's in a desk, that's in a room, that happens to be in a house, located in a city. Do I reveal that I have the head of a alien that gives me advice, or do I make something up? Aha! I know what to say!

In the box is Sentinels of the Multiverse!

Active Questions:

@Nielzabub

If you could go back in time to any point, when/where would it be?

@Theta_Sigma

Which actor would play you in the movie of your life?

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

That is a hard question. If I could go back in time, I would travel to the year I was born, so I could kidnap my baby self and groom myself in my own image..and then take over the world somehow...I guess.

ACTIVE QUESTIONS:

@BlueHairedMeerkat

Which SOTM environment would you most want to visit?

@Theta_Sigma

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'm here!  I'll answer questions!  

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

I'll join in the fun.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I'm game.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies...

but if you like entertaining lies, go ahead and ask. 

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Three words: Tyrannosaurus Rex rides. It couldn't not be Insula Primalis.

ACTIVE QUESTIONS:

@Ameena

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was actually Baron Blade in a dastardly disguise?

@Theta_Sigma

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

Umm... I don't actually know actors. You could listoff names, and my response would almost invariably be "Who?"

ACTIVE QUESTIONS:

@Ameena

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was actually Baron Blade in a dastardly disguise?

@jagarciao

Which SOTM character would you most like to meet?

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I'd like to meet Wraith: Price of Freedom and ask her what the hell happened to her because I don't think the >Games guys are gonna update her bio anytime soon and I've waiting for that forever. 

ACTIVE QUESTIONS:

@Ameena

@phantaskippy

What's your geekiest hobby (besides being a Sentinerd)?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Oh goodness. . .

My geekiest hobbies would either be my absolute love of terrible monster films from the 1960's, or creating a really good RPG system for the Battletech universe (their rpg for it stinks).

And Jagarciao, I totally agree, why the heck does she look so much like the operative?

ACTIVE QUESTIONS:

@Ameena

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was actually Baron Blade in a dastardly disguise?   (Dastardly Woodchuck!)

@Braithwhite

Do you use all the custom heroes and villains you create?  If so how many custom decks do you have?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Enough wood to knock the Moon out of the sky and kill everyone ;).

ACTIVE QUESTIONS:

@Matchstickman

Are you one matchstick who happens to be a man, lots of matchsticks arranged in a man shape, a man who happens to like/sell/own matchsticks, or something else?

@Theta_Sigma

I am the Wordweaver...

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

The answer is "something else".

You want me to elaborate further, is that allowed?

If you look to the left you will see my avatar, that is Kevin Matchstick. He is a comic book character from a series called Mage: The Hero [D-word]. The first was "Discovered", the second "Defined", the third is slated to be "Denied".

The first series came out in 1984 and the second came out in 1997. During that time the writer and penciler, Matt Wagner, continued to work in the comic book industry and kept trying to get the second series produced, obviously eventually he did.

My name, Matchstickman, is a reminder to me don't drop your dreams, that if you keep at it you can get what you want eventually.

ACTIVE QUESTIONS:

@Nielzabub

Which actor would you play in the movie of your life? (who famous have you met and which of them would you want to play a cameo role of?)

@Braithwhite

Do you use all the custom heroes and villains you create?  If so how many custom decks do you have?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Fixing...

Active Questions

@Nielzabub

Which actor would you play in the movie of your life? (who famous have you met and which of them would you want to play a cameo role of?)

@Braithwhite

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Of my customs, there are 3 (Gideon Castle: Agent of DRIVE, The Red Mask, Timepeace) that saw several weeks of gameplay after being "finished"

there are about 6 (Aviators, Code Monkey, several unnamed) that never made it so far as complete decks.

I've made 4 full-deck rebuilds (Expat, Bunker, Greatest Legacy, young Legacy) that I used for one or two games post-testing.  

None of my villains (except the two for the contest) saw any testing beyond the conceptual.

Theres only one that I've kept and still use (the Gremlin), though she got extensively re-worked. 

So, just one!

@ donner

If you could do it all over again, would you capitalize your name?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Braithwhite wrote:

@ donner

This got me laughing a little more than it should have.

Edit: Also to keep both active questions close by

Active Questions

@Nielzabub

@ donner

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I love you guys

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I'm so sorry it took so long for me to see this!

In answer to the question posed to me:

@Rabit,

It was about my third anime convention, back in 2010, when I realized I didn't have another costume to bring. So, desparate for something to wear that wasn't casual clothes. All I had was a tuxedo. So I wore it for the convention, and had quite a few people point to me and tell me I looked "sharp." Eventually, one man I was speaking with said "You know, some people here are just in their pajamas. I get that we're all geeks here, but maybe you've got the right idea--can't we at least look presentable?"

I've been raising the bar on convention-attire ever since. So for me, convention attire is either:

Cosplay

OR

@Ameena: Based on your signature, what do you like to write?

Active Questions

@Nielzabub

@ donner

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

If my life was a movie, I would probably be played by Michael Cera. I haven't met many famous people. I went to Much Ado about Nothing in London and got David Tennant and Catherine Tate's autographs, so they would definitely make cameos, though it would be fun if David Tennant played Reckless. Catherine Tate would be my sassy coworker who helps me appreciate the things in life I had once given up on. I also saw Patrick Stewart in Merchant of Venice when I was in England, but I don't know if that counts as meeting him, but he'll make a cameo anyway as my cold but well meaning mentor figure.

ACTIVE QUESTIONS

@phantaskippy

What is your greatest guilty pleasure?

@donner

If you could do it all again, would you capitalize your name?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Folks that haven't been asked a question yet crying

Grysqrl

Imprimis5

Arenson9  (Possibly was interested?)

ACTIVE QUESTIONS

@phantaskippy

@donner

If you could do it all again, would you capitalize your name?

@Ameena

Based on your signature, what do you like to write?

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I would capitalize my name if I could do it all over again.

My phone is not conducive to cut and paste or looking back on the thread.  So, poster below this one, how might posting before this post have changed your life (besides the obvious).

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

In that case, 

@arenson9: What's the coolest thing you've seen/done/experienced while traveling with GtG overseas?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I like to write lots of stuff. I've done stories (Fantasy-based), poems, riddles, more recently a few game guides (freelance work). I've also written background fluff for several other people's games (voluntary). I just love writing, and if I could get a regular income from doing so I would absolutely love to finally ditch my crappy job and dive into it as my "proper" job. Unfortunately, I'm well-aware that writing is pretty notorious in terms of generating a regular income, so I suppose I'll still have to work at something else to earn "proper" money. Maybe some day I'll actually be able to leave home and get my own place with my partner (who's also trying to get enough of an income to move out) :P.

@Silverleaf

When can we meet up again so you can show me Dixit? ;)

I am the Wordweaver...

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Ameena wrote:

@Silverleaf

When can we meet up again so you can show me Dixit? ;)

Well I'm not sure when, but we are planning a somewhat more relaxed trip to London some time relatively soon. Michael want to bring his camera and take interesting shots of fossils in the Natural History Museum and I want him to take pictures of the Tower of London ravens. Plus we still have Oyster cards with credit, so it'd be a shame to waste them, right? ;)

That kind of only semi-answers your question, but it's the best I can do for now.

Damn it, Ronway!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

ACTIVE QUESTIONS

@phantaskippy

@arenson9

What's the coolest thing you've seen/done/experienced while traveling with GtG overseas?

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I forgot to ask a question!

So, @Grysqgl, what is it with squiggles?

Damn it, Ronway!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

My greatest guilty pleasure would be staying up too late watching Lost Skeleton of Cadavra (or an old monster flick) and drinking Hot Cocoa with Tequila.

Active Questions:

@arenson9

What's the coolest thing you've seen/done/experienced while traveling with GtG overseas?

So, @Grysqgl, what is it with squiggles?

@Imprimis5

If Sentinels had a new Hero "The Moderator," what would their base power be?

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Braithwhite wrote:
Of my customs, there are 3 (Gideon Castle: Agent of DRIVE, The Red Mask, Timepeace) that saw several weeks of gameplay after being "finished"there are about 6 (Aviators, Code Monkey, several unnamed) that never made it so far as complete decks.I've made 4 full-deck rebuilds (Expat, Bunker, Greatest Legacy, young Legacy) that I used for one or two games post-testing.  None of my villains (except the two for the contest) saw any testing beyond the conceptual.Theres only one that I've kept and still use (the Gremlin), though she got extensively re-worked.

I saw your villains (well two of them at least, I don't know if you've done more); I have not seen your heroes.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

phantaskippy wrote:

@Imprimis5If Sentinels had a new Hero "The Moderator," what would their base power be?

Power: Select two targets. They may not affect each other until the start of your next turn.

Active Questions:  
  • @arenson9

• So, @Grysqgl, what is it with squiggles?

• @Pydro: When did you start gaming? Please answer in the form of a haiku.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

For convenience, I'll answer from here rather than creating a grysqgl account.

Many years back, I had an insufficiently brief stint in facility management for a group of large buildings. We would use radios to communicate between buildings and had boring numbers for call signs (I was 301). One of the maintenance guys decided that he didn't like the numbers so he assigned new call signs, but just to himself (Woodchuck) and me (Grey Squirrel). It was a small thing, but it injected a little bit of entertainment into a job that really really didn't suit my personality, so it stuck.

Active Questions

• @imprimis5: What is something you have created with your own hands (interpret liberally) that you are proud of? Bonus for pictures.
  • @arenson9: What's the coolest thing you've seen/done/experienced while traveling with GtG overseas?
  • @Pydro: When did you start gaming? Please answer in the form of a haiku.
Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

And now I have a shiny new capital D.  Thanks, Imprimis!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nielzabub wrote:

I went to Much Ado about Nothing in London and got David Tennant and Catherine Tate's autographs

So did I!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Quote:

@arenson9: What's the coolest thing you've seen/done/experienced while traveling with GtG overseas?

I'll take 'overseas' to mean outside of the US. I have Sidekicked for GtGs overseas at PAX Australia and on the current London/Essen trip. I have also assisted Christopher with Sentinels demos while on Jo Co Cruise Crazy 2 and 3. On each of those trips, I have taken at least some of the time to do things without GtGs. If you take the most expansive view of the question, than the coolest thing is probably either the helicopter ride over the Apostles on the Great Road in Austrlalia, or swimming with Sea Lions on Saint Martin. Taking the less expansive view of just time spent doing GtGs business while overseas, perhaps seeing Sentinels being taught in three different languages simultaneously yesterday was the coolest. Those answers maybe best match the letter of the question, but in what I infer as the spirit of the question, the coolest thing about traveling with GtGs has been getting a small glimpse of celebrity from the inside and (mostly) realizing that my interest in self-celebrity was ridiculous. The last thing I want is to have to be 'on' in public for strangers. I now feel sorry for those people who have to deal with that. It's not necessarily _such_ a burden. It's often fun to have fans. But, still.

Active Questions:

@imprimis5: What is something you have created with your own hands (interpret liberally) that you are proud of? Bonus for pictures.

@Pydro: When did you start gaming? Please answer in the form of a haiku.

@Ronway: Do you think you'll ever get tired of playing Sentinels?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

arenson9 wrote:

@Ronway: Do you think you'll ever get tired of playing Sentinels?

That's a very tough question, something I have pondered to myself about. I certainly don't see myself getting tired of playing it within the next 2 years, as the new expansions will keep me entertained. However 5 years down the line, i'm not so sure I will be playing it nearly as much as I currently do. Part of the reason being is, SotM has held the status of my most played game (both video and table top) for the last 2 years. Which is already something that no other game has done. I think the longest I have gone without playing SotM is a month, that was before I had started using G+ for games and I was mostly tired of playing it alone.

So short answer: I think there will be a time that I am not playing SotM as much, but there will not be willing to play it when asked by someone.

Active Questions:

@imprimis5: What is something you have created with your own hands (interpret liberally) that you are proud of? Bonus for pictures.

@phantaskippy: I'm going to stick with asking about usernames, what exactly is a phantaskippy?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Phantaskippy came from shortly after my old Russian Blue Tomcat died when I was 19.  I don't know how many people can say they had a pet that truly belonged to them, but Skippy was mine.  We got him when I was 7 and he was very little.  He grew up to be a big cat (19lbs and 3 feet long stretched out) and was a really cool cat.  He could open doors, he ruled the neighborhood, he was nice to his kittens, he was a great cat.

I had a kind of sucky childhood, and for a number of years that cat was the only friend I thought I had.  He died at 12 years old, I was home on break  from school and he had been acting pretty sick.  His last night alive I held him as I sat on our bathroom floor and his body failed.  The next day I buried him under our Peach tree.  He was all black with a small white spot on his chin.

I got back to school and someone hacked my E-mail address, my new one I made in honor of my dead cat.  PhantaSkippy, the name stuck and I've become known by it enough online that I stick with it.  I honestly learnd more about being a man, a good person and a father from that cat than I did from so many men who tried to take that role in my life.  To this day it is a great reminder that we can find what we need in the most unlikely of places.

I'm sorry if this is more info than you really wanted, I could honestly go on all day telling stories about that cat.

Active Questions:

@evandan55:  What is the most embarrassing outfit, or fashion situation you've been caught wearing in public?
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

(I'll be answering when I am home and camerified. No going halfway here.)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Young me had no friends

Elves, magic, dice, boards, and cards

So, who wants to play?

Active Questions:

@evandan55:  What is the most embarrassing outfit, or fashion situation you've been caught wearing in public?

@arenson9: If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long will it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick all of the seeds out of a dill pickle? (Please show your work.)

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Alright. I've given some actual long and serious thought to this question. I had some game prototypes I was gonna show, but that didn't seem right.

I don't have a picture for this one. First, some backstory. I train dogs for a living and have done so for a few years now. I typically get two kinds of students: people who want their dog to stop being a dog and be seen not heard, and people who want me to wave a magic wand over their dog because they weren't prepared for what having a dog entails. But occasionally I get someone whose dog legitimately needs help for a better life, and they're willing to so what it takes to get there, for their dog's sake.

Wendy was one of those rare students. She was a two-year-old American Bulldog. Her quality of life was awful. Everything was terrifying to her, mainly because she was so protective of her adoptive mom. She would lash out at any dog or person who she viewed as a threat. The only time she could be happy was when she was alone with her mom, inside their home.

So the family came to me, based on the recommendation of a former colleague of mine. I specialise in the large non-sporting and working breeds, and I have a lot of experience with the "hard cases."

Now, I didn't "create" anything with my hands here, but I still feel like I built something. By the end of class, Wendy was able to walk alongside her mom, passing noisy dogs and running children (her former nemeses), without even a blink.

I take immense pride in this. Something I can take a picture of and say, "I made this?" Not really. But an accomplishment, one solely mine, nonetheless.

Long answer, but there you are.

Active Questions:

@evandan55: What is the most embarrassing outfit, or fashion situation you've been caught wearing in public?

@arenson9: If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how long will it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick all of the seeds out of a dill pickle? (Please show your work.)

@Donner: Do you enjoy parties? And have you spent much time in the mountains? (Those are connected, I promise)

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

imprimis5 wrote:
I take immense pride in this. Something I can take a picture of and say, "I made this?" Not really. But an accomplishment, one solely mine, nonetheless.

I did say to take liberties. That's awesome. Nice job!

imprimis5 wrote:
@Donner: Do you enjoy parties? And have you spent much time in the mountains? (Those are connected, I promise)

A little relevant information: http://maximumfun.org/memory-palace/after-party

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Yay dog training! As a dog owner who's studied animal psychology, that fascinates me. And I love seeing dogs that are confused and scared and unable to cope in the human world (and are therefore aggressive) become confident and gain the tools and skills they need to be a good companion.

Damn it, Ronway!

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

@ Phantaskippy and @Imprimis5:  I loved those stories.  That is all.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Though I may seem obsessed with fashion, I am not exactly what you would consider a fashionista. I just enjoy wearing tuxedos from time to time. Special occassions only. I do wear t-shirts and jeans just like the rest of you. I'm in college, after all. I hate to shatter your image of me, but I'm just like the rest of you. Except for my extreme handsomeness. Just kidding, you're all beautiful.

However, I do have one very important standard when it comes to fashion: pajamas are not--absolutely not--something that should be worn in public. I'm sure you've all seen some of those lazy people who wear pajama pants into public. It's unacceptable. Which leads me to my most embarrassing "fashion" moment;

While dating a girl back during the beginning of college, she became very upset with me one day. Knowing that I would rather be caught dead than wear pajamas in public like some kind of peasant, she refused to forgive me for my wrongdoings unless I wore pajamas in public. So I dreadfully went into public wearing pajamas. A bit of my soul died that day.

Active questions:

@Silverleaf: What was the last movie/book/video game/story that made you shed tears? (only fictional stories count)

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

evandan55 wrote:

However, I do have one very important standard when it comes to fashion: pajamas are not--absolutely not--something that should be worn in public. I'm sure you've all seen some of those lazy people who wear pajama pants into public. It's unacceptable.

Agreed. How much effort is it to put on a pair of real trousers anyway? Far less effort than, say, leaving the house.

That said, I'm probably biased since I hate pajamas and all nightwear anyway.

evandan55 wrote:
@Silverleaf: What was the last movie/book/video game/story that made you shed tears? (only fictional stories count)

Tricky to remember, but most likely it was Watership Down (the novel, not the movie). I always cry a little bit at the end, even though I've read the book at least 20 times (maybe more) and I know exactly what's coming. I don't cry with sadness at it though, which is sort of weird. Mind you, I cry at Masterchef on TV when I'm proud of someone I don't even know making great food I can't even taste. Something beautiful is much more likely to make me cry than something sad.

Active questions:

@Matchstickman: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Damn it, Ronway!

Pages