The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Are you a biomancer clone?

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
X-metal
X-metal's picture
Are you a biomancer clone?

Alright let's get down to brass tacks! Who here is a biomancer clone! I know you're running around here somewhere and I intend to sniff you out!

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

At some point I have been.   I got better.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I am definitely not a Biomancer clone.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Well, nobody has praised biomancer as being awesome... Yet. *looks suspiciously at all of you*

Powerhound_2000

I think even his fleshchildren recognize he is creepy.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

You say "creepy" like it's a bad thing.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Powerhound_2000

I’m mostly imagining a situation like Skullcrusher Mountain with the fleshchildren saying he is creepy instead of crazy.  

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Jeysie wrote:

I am definitely not a Biomancer clone.

That's just what a Biomancer clone would say...

I've got my eye on you...

I mean, like, not literaly, cuz that would be gross and painful and stuff, but in like "I'm watching you" and that kind of thing, and...

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

No, no, I am very certainly not a Biomancer clone.

Also I dunno, having an eye for a sidekick might be cool in a freaky sort of way.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

You put clones in italics... Your biomancer!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

That is indeed the logical question to also ask of everyone. One has to be sure to cover all the bases.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

If I were a clone my eyes would be glowing red. Since they glow blue I am not a clone. Also, please do not ask about that grinding noise when I walk, it is a little embarrasing.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

The better question is

Would you know?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Ooh. I approve of this line of reasoning.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I am HIGHLY AMUSED by the timing of me getting a Biomancer clone question on today's Letters Page. :D Now I really can't know!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

All part of the fantastically diabolical plan, no doubt.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I've read things you couldn't believe.  Attack ships off the moons of Dok'Thorath.  I watched sunbeams flare in the dark of the Tomb of Anubis.  All those moments, shattered in time, like tears in a cleansing rain.  Time to incapacitate. 

:D

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

*applause*

Trajector
Trajector's picture

We can easily determine who is and who is not a fleshchild by administering a test with questions designed to provide an emotional response:

You're walking through the desert when you encounter a turtle on its back. Do you turn the turtle over?

You're walking through a supply depot space station, when you encounter an Adama with a flashlight. What do you do?

Your friend tells you that the Dark Watch is a better team than the Freedom Five, and Dark Watch Setback has the best power. Will you play a game with your friend?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

@Trajector: On that last one, I feel pretty sure that even fleshchildren have standards.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

None of those would guarantee that they would mention that devilishly good-looking Biomancer, so I think your questioning is just a little flawed.

Wait a second...

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I am a clone.  I am not a Biomancer clone.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Trajector wrote:

You're walking through the desert when you encounter a turtle on its back. Do you turn the turtle over?

It depends on if he's sunbathing or not, and his 30-min for his stomach are up.

Trajector wrote:

You're walking through a supply depot space station, when you encounter an Adama with a flashlight. What do you do?

I use my flashlight to find a dictionary and look up what an 'Adama' is.

Trajector wrote:

Your friend tells you that the Dark Watch is a better team than the Freedom Five, and Dark Watch Setback has the best power. Will you play a game with your friend?

I marry them. On the spot.

Lord Flash Fire
Lord Flash Fire's picture

Trajector wrote:

You're walking through the desert when you encounter a turtle on its back. Do you turn the turtle over? I turn it over and paint it's shell teal

You're walking through a supply depot space station, when you encounter an Adama with a flashlight. What do you do? Google Adama

Your friend tells you that the Dark Watch is a better team than the Freedom Five I tell him that's a cool and good opinion, then have a 30 minute discussion about it 

and Dark Watch Setback has the best power. Will you play a game with your friend? I immediately discount all opinions my friend had said in the last week, refer him to a better dealer, and make him an anti-hangover meal. And give him a put-punch or two.

" Ever had those days where you have amazing luck,
everything goes right, and you feel like the king of the world...
....And then you wake up?"
-Someone special, 2012

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Trajector wrote:

You're walking through the desert when you encounter a turtle on its back. Do you turn the turtle over?  I close my eyes and disbelieve this paltry reality, as turtles are almost universally aquatic creatures and would not be found in a desert.  Tortoise, yes.  Turtle, no.

You're walking through a supply depot space station, when you encounter an Adama with a flashlight. What do you do?  I push him into the airlock, as the real Adama should still be aboard the Battlestar known as Galactica.

I agree with him on the first point, then proceed to judge his humanity by extolling the virtues of Freedom Six Tempest.

Ehkrickor
Ehkrickor's picture

Trajector wrote:

We can easily determine who is and who is not a fleshchild by administering a test with questions designed to provide an emotional response:

I turn the turtle over, several times in my hands to make sure i don't see an Adrinka anywhere. Michael keeps getting himself into weird situations.

Trajector wrote:

Make humming noises, if it's dark enough for others to be using flash lights i'm probably using my Lightsaber as a light source (litterally did that the other week when a drunk guy hit a transformer and took out power to my neighborhood, now i have a reputation.)

Trajector wrote:

I bring up Phantaskippy's Till Death fan fiction variants because the story is great & if it gets enough attention maybe we can convince Adam to draw them. and we never actually get to the game because meta & fan fiction discussion takes up too much time.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Trajector wrote:

A turtle in the desert probably doesn't have long to live anyway, so might as well leave him there to be comfy and die more quickly.

Trajector wrote:

I tell him hey, no need to be hostile, there's plenty here for both of us. Then I plot to knock him out and steal his half of the stuff when he's less on guard.

Trajector wrote:

I still maintain my opinion that this question is of dubious usefulness since even fleshchildren have standards.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Donner wrote:

I am a clone.  I am not a Biomancer clone.

The site's "laughing" emoticon does not convey how loudly I laughed at this. laugh

And then I was saddened when I realized that a lot of people aren't even going to get it... wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000

They might if his clone posted on here that we know of.  

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I once played in a Cthulhu game with a character called Ben Reilly who lost enough sanity to think he was a clone... unless I am Ben Reilly playing as Matchstickman now... failing some Luck checks recently would explain some things.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Imprimis5
Imprimis5's picture

There are absolutely no clones in these forums. I, the Community OverLord Kreeg, say so. Go about your ordinary business forumites.

Twitter: imprimis5

Powerhound_2000

Next thing you know we will have Guise chiming in.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Alright, folks. Serious time. Who change my password to "I<3Bi0m@nc3R!"?

...At least they have a strong sense of security.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Technically since you chimed in and guise is your avatar he chimed in. In all seriousness though I'm currently wrestling my keyboard from guises "let me see that" card grip.

Powerhound_2000

Not entirely.  There is a forum member by the name of Guise.  

Trajector
Trajector's picture

"Kreeg?!"