The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Apr, 2013 game days in Indy

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Apr, 2013 game days in Indy

Christopher is coming to Indianapolis in April for lots of gaming events at various stores, in support of Shattered Timelines' release.

The following schedule is tentative (but almost certainly correct)

• 4/17    Wed   5-9pm     GP Bloomington
  • 4/18    Thu    5-9pm     Arsenal
  • 4/19    Fri     1-5pm      IUPUI Gamers Guild
  • 4/19    Fri     7-10pm    Gamerz
  • 4/20    Sat    12-4pm    GP W. Lafayette
  • 4/20    Sat     6-9pm      GP Greenwood
  • 4/21    Sun    1-5pm      GP Fashion Mall Commons
  • 4/22    Mon   5-8pm      Comic Carnival

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Unfortunately, I've had a reunion come up Saturday, so my plans right now are to make it to:

• 4/18    Thu    5-9pm     Arsenal
  • (Maybe: 4/19    Fri     1-5pm      IUPUI Gamers Guild)
  • 4/20    Sat     6-9pm      GP Greenwood
  • 4/21    Sun    1-5pm      GP Fashion Mall Commons
  • (Maybe: 4/22    Mon   5-8pm      Comic Carnival)

I start my new job in two weeks, so we'll see how that affects things...

Looking forward to it!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

oddthomas
Playtester

arenson9 wrote:

Christopher is coming to Indianapolis in April for lots of gaming events at various stores, in support of Shattered Timelines' release. The following schedule is tentative (but almost certainly correct) 4/17    Wed   5-9pm     GP Bloomington4/18    Thu    5-9pm     Arsenal4/19    Fri     1-5pm      IUPUI Gamers Guild4/19    Fri     7-10pm    Gamerz4/20    Sat    12-4pm    GP W. Lafayette4/20    Sat     6-9pm      GP Greenwood4/21    Sun    1-5pm      GP Fashion Mall Commons4/22    Mon   5-8pm      Comic Carnival   

Why do you people hate California!? What did it ever do to you?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@oddthomas

We don't hate California! In fact, we are going to be in San Fransisco at the beginning of August for GaymerX! However, it far away and expensive to get there, so making it out that way for demos is unfortunately tough :(

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Hmmm. I may have to make a trip up to the bay for GaymerX. Will you guys need help running demos there? (I guess I could just check that volunteer thread I have seen floating around). 

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Schedule above has become definite.

For anyone interested in flyers for yourself or to hand out:

Full Schedule: http://spatzel.net/arenson/201304-SotM/FlyerAll.pdf   Zip of individual flyers for all events http://spatzel.net/arenson/201304-SotM/SentinelsFlyers.zip   Planning to attend? Give a shout! I'm curious who will be where.  

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Just giving this a bump as a friendly reminder that Christopher will be in Indianapolis, Bloomington, and West Lafayette Wed Apr 17 - Mon Apr 22.

MajMalfunction
MajMalfunction's picture
Playtester

Will see you at:

Assumign nothing critical interferes.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

In case you have not seen it, these events have been canceled.

Christopher explained why in a separate topic: https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/christophers-april-2013-visit-to-indianapolis-cancelled-3431

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

While these events may have been canceled, my brother (as well as I) still plans to attend Arsenal tonight, and he will also bring another coop game with him.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Rabit and I and a couple others are going to Comic Carnival on Monday. We won't get there until 6:30 or so, but the event is still scheduled to start at 5.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

Rabit and I and a couple others are going to Comic Carnival on Monday. We won't get there until 6:30 or so, but the event is still scheduled to start at 5.

I'm not sure of the details, but I believe that Tim at Comic Carnival is planning to have some giveaways at tomorrow's/Monday's event.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ten people at Comic Carnival and Tim was able to give out some promos and art prints as door prizes.

I don't normally enjoy playing with non-standard decks, but our friends brought their bespoke villain, who is hilarious and fun, so we gave it a go. After winning handily, we looked at our heroes and decided that The Scholar, Legacy, Dark Visionary, and O-X were pretty high-power heroes, so how would we do if we took supposedly less powerful heroes -- Expatriette, Mr. Fixer, Bunker, and, for lack of an obvious fourth choice, Absolute Zero.

Not so well, as it turns out. We had to call the game due to time, but Bunker was incapacitated, the other heroes were pretty beat up, and the villain was at max HP.

As it turns out, that was probably due more to the vagaries of the villain's deck, though.