The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Any players in Melbourne, Australia?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jemsk
Jemsk's picture
Any players in Melbourne, Australia?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there are any SotM meetups in Melbourne?

...or if anyone is interested if I organise one? 

I'm fairly new to TCG and accidently discovered SotM at PAX Australia (thanks to Andy!) and was instantly hooked.

MarkJ

I'm still waiting for more cards to arrive, since they sold out of the main box and some other gear before I got around to buying any!

I am in Mount Dandenong / Olinda (Outer East).

Jemsk
Jemsk's picture

Awesome. Mine just arrived yesterday (from goodgames).

I'm in Burwood/Surrey Hills. Let me know if you're keen for a game once you get your cards.

MarkJ

Just have Shattered Sentinels and mini-expansions, so enough to play with but be great when I receive the rest soon!  Ordered through MilSims and they're expecting a restock in the next week.

MarkJ

Jemsk and I look like meeting up at Good Games Blackburn with our gear tomorrow afternoon.  Anyone else interested?

MarkJ

Had three fun and educational games today.   There can certainly be a bit to keep track of too, as there can be a bit going on at once!

The first games the two of us played three heroes (I played to) and Jemsk 1, followed by two each the last two games.

Had a tough time in game three choosing the Ennead and tougher heroes!  Getting close to death but we just made it, although had to pack up as Good Games was closing - but very likely would've won next turn.  Good experience constantly rotating heroes, villains and environments too although it means learning a new character each time!

I played Tempest and Unity the first two games, and Expatriette and The Visionary in the third, against The Ennead and The Final Wasteland.

Jemsk
Jemsk's picture

It certainly was a fun afternoon!

I had realised when I got home that I had forgotten to apply the nemeses mechanics when I played Ra vs The Ennead. I think it Ra would have been alot closer to death however as would The Ennead!

In the first game I played Legacy (vs Omnitron), Tachyon and Mr Fixer in the second (vs Ambuscade), followed by Ra and Absolute Zero in the third (vs The Ennead).

My intial thoughts on the heroes:

Legacy: very good defender
Tachyon: likes to draw alot of cards
Mr Fixer: inconspicuous 
Ra: really likes fire
Absolute Zero: hurts himself alot

Looking forward to more games - anyone in Melbourne would be welcome to join us!

Jemsk
Jemsk's picture

I was really keen on playing more games to familiarize myself with the mechanics so last night I played 3 heroes by myself (Bunker, Fanatic (nemesis) and The Scholar) vs Apostate. 

I started at 7pm and finished around 5am in the morning...LOL   It was an epic game ... and because I ran out of cards, I ended up having to reshuffle the trash deck once for every hero, twice for the environment and once for the villain. I'm incredibly tired today so I probably won't be doing that again soon. :)   I also ended up losing! (Apostate has some really nasty relics and a interesting flip mechanic). He felt like a Level 4 villain when infact he's only a Level 2.    Anyway, it was a good learning experience.
MarkJ

Oh my that was a long night.  At least you had fun and learnt their mechanics more in depth!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Jemsk wrote:

I was really keen on playing more games to familiarize myself with the mechanics so last night I played 3 heroes by myself (Bunker, Fanatic (nemesis) and The Scholar) vs Apostate. I started at 7pm and finished around 5am in the morning...LOL It was an epic game ... and because I ran out of cards, I ended up having to reshuffle the trash deck once for every hero, twice for the environment and once for the villain. I'm incredibly tired today so I probably won't be doing that again soon. :) I also ended up losing! (Apostate has some really nasty relics and a interesting flip mechanic). He felt like a Level 4 villain when infact he's only a Level 2.  Anyway, it was a good learning experience.

Ten hours?! I've never heard of a game taking even half that long. Wow. Just wow.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Jemsk
Jemsk's picture

LOL! I was taking my own sweet time - reading up on the rules/errata whenever I encounted something I didn't understand (which was alot since I am new to the game) and having to play three heroes on my own really messed with my brain! 

Also, Apostate's relics kept coming back into play which was infuriating (in a fun way) and Apocalypse was drawn twice!

At least it was a fun 10 hours ... :)

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Jemsk wrote:

At least it was a fun 10 hours ... :)

That's really all that matters!!