The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

An interesting puzzle

1 post / 0 new
Honolulu Blue
An interesting puzzle

One of the things I like about this game is that it presents some interesting dilemmas for me to puzle my way through.  Here's one I recently played:

This was a random game with Mad Baron Blade against Fanatic, Mr. Fixer, and Unity (in that order) in Atlantis.

It was Fanatic's turn.  She had 6 HP.  Fixer and Unity were incapacitated.

Fanatic had zero cards.  She had Absolution in play and Aegis of Resurrection in the trash.

Atlantis had two Phosphorescent Chambers in play.

Mad Baron Blade had 7 HP.  He had 6 cards in the trash but none in play.

The object was to win this round.

Some of you have figured out what I did already, but let me walk through what I ended up doing.

Fanatic's play turn was easy - she had nothing to play.  The power turn was equally obvious - Exorcism  did 6 damage (actually 3+3).

She drew Divine Focus.  That's when things started to get really interesting.

Neither Fixer nor Unity have use a power as an incap ability.  Neither are able to destroy a card with 1 HP.  No, that would be much too easy.

Fixer had two abilities that would help - put an equipment card from the trash into play, and draw a card.  While it would have been nice to have the Aegis out again (it had already saved her once), it wouldn't have helped me this turn.  So I drew a card.  It was Embolden.  Could have used it earlier, but oh well.

Now things are falling into place.  Unity allowed Fanatic to play a card.  She played Divine Focus.  I could have also used Embolden, but now that victory was all but certain, I wanted to try something.

Now it was the environment's turn.  The optional discards were first.  Obviously she's not discarding anything.  Then came the optional discard for Divine Focus.  I discarded Embolden at that time and victory was ours.

Thanks for reading.

Attachment(s):