The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

America's Greatest Legacy

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester
America's Greatest Legacy

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-shattered-timelines/posts/357896?ref=activity

Now that we find out he is Legacy's Dad and not Grandfather.
Does this change anyone's view.

He seems great at soaking damage in comparison to Young and Finest.

Using Gung-Ho then Motivational Charge for +2 Health and +2 Damage.

Also a great team ability if you can use another Hero's healing ability

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

We played around with him a little last night (incorrectly, but only slightly) and he's kind of nuts with Argent Adept on the team.

ketigid

according to the bios, greatest Legacy shouldn't have fortitude right?

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

ketigid wrote:

according to the bios, greatest Legacy shouldn't have fortitude right?

Or Superhuman Durability, possibly. Assuming those are different powers.

Interestingly, we do know that there are only nine generations of Legacy powers thus far (up to and including Pauline's Atomic Glare). The first was obviously Danger Sense, and the second was strength boosting (I forget the name of that card at the moment). Flight looks to have been added a generation or two before Greatest (7th), but I don't think it really has a card to represent it. I wonder how many of the cards in that deck represent actual powers, since only two (Motivational Charge and Next Evolution) are in-game powers (and where do Galvanize and Gung-Ho fit in?).

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

They're just based on the super positive/heroic attitudes and the effect they have on those around them.

:)

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

Galvanize seems to just be Legacy as a morale boost sort of like Inspirational Presence. I do not think thats a legacy power.

Gung -Ho seems to be more of something Greatest developed when he was fighting in WWII.

But I could be wrong and these could be something developed by earlier generation.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

So, nine generations of Parsons.  We know the first one (Revolutionary War), we know the seventh (World War II), the eighth (modern day), and the ninth (millenial).  What do we think the others would be?  A Franco-Prussian War Legacy?  A War of 1812 Legacy?  A War of the Roses Legacy?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

TheSoundOfTrees

Far West Legacy ? Steam-not-punk Legacy ?

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I'm pretty sure Flying Smash (if that's the name of the card) represents his flying ability.  I know the text of the card is "Deal up to 3 targets 3 melee damage each."

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

Spiff wrote:

So, nine generations of Parsons.  We know the first one (Revolutionary War), we know the seventh (World War II), the eighth (modern day), and the ninth (millenial).  What do we think the others would be?  A Franco-Prussian War Legacy?  A War of 1812 Legacy?  A War of the Roses Legacy?

I bet America's Divided Legacy (Civil War) was interesting. Probably a WWI Legacy too (probably the first that oculd fly).

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

That's kind of a big gap between 7th gen and 8th gen Legacy. Greatest Legacy must've been pushing 50 by the time Finest Legacy was born... but I suppose being genetically superior allows you to stay youthful longer. 

As far as other Legacies I imagine there's a Wild West/Gold Rush Legacy in there somewhere (Wildest? Toughest?) and probably a Civil War Legacy and a WWI Legacy too 

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

jagarciao wrote:
I imagine there's a Wild West/Gold Rush Legacy in there somewhere (Wildest? Toughest?)

Probably not? They lived in/moved to Chicago around that time and didn't get flight until the early 1900s.

Which is a shame, because that means no Silver Gulch.

Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture

I vote "America's Shootin'est Legacy" for the Wild West one. But that's mostly because I love the word "shootin'est."

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1

TheSoundOfTrees

Untouchable Legacy vs Al Capone ?

Any view of things that is not strange is false - Neil Gaiman

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Here's how it could lay out, assuming 20-25 years between generations:

2000 - Young

1970s, 80s - Finest

1940s, 50s - Greatest

1910s, 20s - WWI, Prohibition

1900s - Roughrider, Spanish-American War, Cowboy

1860s, 70s - Civil War, Cowboy

1850s - Gold Rush, Yukon

1820s, 30s - Frontiersman, Texan Independence

1770s, 80s - Revolutionary War

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

pcgamerpirate
pcgamerpirate's picture

Upon filling out powers and names, it looks like we were missing a Paul...so I went with birthyears and one every 20 years or so (with the exception of Greatest).

2002 - Pauline Parson - America's Newest Legacy - Laser Vision - Future Leader of the Freedom Five

1973 - Paul Parson VIII - America's Finest Legacy - Invulnerability - Current Leader of the Freedom Five

1920s - Paul Parson VII - America's Greatest Legacy - Flight - First Superhero...ever.

1900s - Paul Parson VI - ?

1880s - Paul Parson V - ?

1860s - Paul Parson IV - ?

1840s - Paul Parson III - ?

1810s - Paul Parson Jr. - Increased Strength

1780s - Paul Parson - Heightened Senses / Agility

1759  - Joseph Parsons - Danger Sense

Speed is probably in there, and probably increases in strength...any other powers represented in the deck?

"Defeat by Hippocalypse is no shame, Sentinel. For against Hippocalypse even the strong must fall."

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

Some sort of Inspiring Presence has to be in there somewhere, which you consider that card, Galvanize, Gung-Ho, and Motivational Charge. Legacy isn't only a leader, (s)he's a damned effective one and I don't think all of that is -- or can be -- taught. Just being around a Legacy makes their teammates do better.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Gung-Ho Question.

If I understand this correctly this scenario can occur (if you are using 3 Legacys)

Turn 1

Legacy uses: Glavanize

Turn 2

America's Geatest Legacy uses: Gung-HO on Legacy for Galvanize

Turn 3

Young Legacy uses: Energy beams for + 2 damage.

Is this correct?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Yes.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Garou
Garou's picture
Playtester

UXM266 wrote:

Young Legacy uses: Energy beams for + 2 damage.Is this correct?

Correct. Note that this is already possible without multiple Legacies with effects that let you use powers out of tun (Argent Adept, certain incapacitated abilites, [Redacted])

UXM266
UXM266's picture

COol. I knew there were other's but Legacy came to mind first. And i knew the power's name too...

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Keep in mind though in a situation where you are only using these three heroes, that it may be in the best interest to use Gung-Ho to allow Young Legacy to use a power out of turn rather than Finest Legacy. For the simple fact that Young Legacy using a power would deal out 4 energy damage with just the 1 galvanize on Greatest turn, then will deal out another 4 on her own power phase, making a total of 8. While using it to activate galvanize would only allow her to deal 5 on her turn. Even if you throw in Young Legacy playing a damaging card like Thokk, the damages would still be 12 or 10.

Granted with more than 3 heroes then that changes, such as a team of 5 heroes, where there will be 3 heroes doing tons of damage then it would be worth having Legacy galvanize!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Of course, her 6 damage vs a 4 damage is byfar better, but it was just a quetsion abut using the same power twice in one round. 

Thanks for all the clarification guys! You rock!