The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ambuscade's Traps and lasting effects

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Codeman90
Codeman90's picture
Ambuscade's Traps and lasting effects

Just got my hands on Sentinel Tactics! My friend and I chipped in for the game and miniatures and have been having a blast, but there are a few rules I have questions about.

1. Ambuscade was always my favorite villain and he seemed to be underpowered in the card game, but he seems to be quite strong in tactics! My question is if I place the traps with Rigged Explosives, and then switch out the Rigged Explosives card for something else next turn the traps still function as normal right? I dont have to keep the card out do I?

2. This question is a bit more general, but for cards like Wraith's Adhesive Foam Pellets does the debuff last till the end of the villain's turn or is it more permanent?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

1.  You have to keep it in play.  Anything put into play by a power card leaves play when that power card does.  Same with Unity's Golems or Ambuscade's hunter or Ra's tornado.

2.  Movement reduction lasts until that player re-rolls movement, and does not affect sprinting or powers that cause you to move.

Ixcelbrien

How do his traps actually work? Are they placed and just adjacent to you and just sit there or can you move them later?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

They can go on any unnoccupied hex, they are removed when you remove the card, and come back if you put it back in.

You don't even need line of sight to place them.

Basically Ambuscade riggs explosives everywhere before he fights, then just turns them on in bunches of 10, 6 of which are decoys.

I guess.

Ixcelbrien

Hmm that just seems a little op. Could he just drop traps on players then?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Ixcelbrien wrote:

Could he just drop traps on players then?

No, because they are placed in unoccupied spaces.