The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ambuscade Cloaking Device

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ixcelbrien
Ambuscade Cloaking Device

So the card states that during the to be continued phase you remove Ambuscade from the map. At the beginning of your next turn do you replace Ambuscade anywhere you want and also replace the cloaking device card during the power up phase? You can only use this once every other turn, correct? Just need a little clarification...Thanks!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Yes, you can't remove it and place it in the same turn, so it is every other turn.

Ixcelbrien

Thanks!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Related question: Can you pick up the Cloaking Device during the Power Up phase _BEFORE_ following the Power Up instructions on the Cloaking Device, effectively remaining cloaked for another round?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I believe the effect occurs first, so you can't pre-empt it by returning the card to your hand.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

arenson9 wrote:

Related question: Can you pick up the Cloaking Device during the Power Up phase _BEFORE_ following the Power Up instructions on the Cloaking Device, effectively remaining cloaked for another round?

To expand on what Donner said: you cant put down a power you have picked up in the same turn. So the same turn you pick up Cloaking Device you can't put it back down. You can't chain Cloakings this way

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I think it was aimed at the card leaving play before you place Ambuscade on the map, so Ambuscade wouldn't be placed on the map.

That does not work, the card goes first.

Also I believe that when that was possible in playtesting the ruling was going to be that if cloak left play you had to immediately place Ambuscade on the map.

So I would stick with that, even though I don't think it is possible to remove the card from play with Ambuscade off the map at this point.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy wrote:

I think it was aimed at the card leaving play before you place Ambuscade on the map, so Ambuscade wouldn't be placed on the map.That does not work, the card goes first.

I agree this must be true, but is there a rule somewhere that tells us so?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Not a rule, no.  Conflict Resolution sectino of the rule book makes it clear simultaneous things are resolved in order of the players turn.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy wrote:

Not a rule, no.  Conflict Resolution sectino of the rule book makes it clear simultaneous things are resolved in order of the players turn.

How does that help this situation?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

It doesn't, you asked me for something official, and nothing official helps this situation, so I gave you nothing helpful.

Sorry.