The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Alt character spoilers pls

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities
Alt character spoilers pls

I can tell via Twitter that some lucky souls have received their Kickstarter packages already at GenCon.  Since I suppose that officially means that the EE and IR are officially launched and there are no more spoilers, if there is anyone out there who can shoot me pix of the fronts and backs of the alt character cards, I'm dying to turn those into oversized cards and start using them since they use decks I already have in my possession.  You can contact me at .  I'm looking for fronts and backs of both the character and rules cards (in the case of villains) for:

• Fanatic Redeemer
  • Ra: Horus of Two Horizons
  • Mad Bomber Blade
  • Cosmic Omnitron

Thanks muchly in advance. :)

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

pcgamerpirate
pcgamerpirate's picture

I'm bumping this because maybe it will happen sooner if someone else sees this.

But I might have the scans by tomorrow (don't have the game, but know someone who does).

"Defeat by Hippocalypse is no shame, Sentinel. For against Hippocalypse even the strong must fall."

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Sweet, can't wait. I suppose since I just need the text from each side of each card, it doesn't have to come from an actual picture or scan. I just though taking a cameraphone pic of the cards would be easiest. 

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Spiff, do you have any time in the middle of the day tomorrow? I know I'm asking a lot, as most people have "real jobs".  Mine just happens to involve working in a very orange office.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

pcgamerpirate
pcgamerpirate's picture

"Defeat by Hippocalypse is no shame, Sentinel. For against Hippocalypse even the strong must fall."

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Oh, perfect! Nevermind!

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

oooooooooooooh...

I like those. A lot. I'm excited to play them!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Yeah, the new Vengeful Baron Blade and Cosmic Omnitron make them a lot more interesting, I'm glad the Electro-pulse Explosives aren't components or else the game could be over before it really started. Will be trying them out this Friday at my game club.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Perfecto. I'll have oversized cards ready by tomorrow. Chris, do we think that the difficulty number for these alt versions matches that of the originals (1), or is it different?

ketigid

I just played Mad Bomber Blade. He destroyed us with his Death Ray dealing upwards of 15 energy dmg.

Then we had a rematch and we destroyed him. On advance. :)

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

They are 2s or 3s in this form. 

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Question: Is Cosmic Omnitron still considered a Device? It's not on the villain card image, so I assume not. I guess he doesn't need the boost himself quite so much anymore.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Is one of them tougher than the other?  I need to put a single number for each, so unless I hear that one (and which one) should be a 3, I'll put 2 for both.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Wow... Can't wait to get my little hands on the new Alt. Villians. By reading them they seem to be a lot tougher than before. Also didn't expect Baron Blade to destroy/put under his villian targets, I guess he really is going at this solo.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

pwatson1974 wrote:
Question: Is Cosmic Omnitron still considered a Device? It's not on the villain card image, so I assume not. I guess he doesn't need the boost himself quite so much anymore.

The Device thing on Omnitron seems to be a misprint, he still has them on his smaller cards, but the oversized cards are missing it. Voss is also missing his Thorathian keyword on the oversized card as well as Dawn missing her Citizen keyword.

Card Templates

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, Koga.  Does this have to do with the alternate characters we're talking about, or are you just talking about problems you see on the official oversized villain cards that came with the Kickstarter (which should probably be raised in a different topic)?

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

pwatson1974 asked about Cosmic Omnitron being a device or not just a few posts above mine so I figured I'd answer it in here. I've added the quote to my previous post, I don't tend to quote often unless it's from far back in the thread. Guess I should do it more often considering how this forum is now set up where you can view the new posts and don't see the old ones unless you scroll up.

Card Templates

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Got it.  Those do sound like ommissions.  Guess we'll wait to hear the official response.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

With no official response by the time I sat down at my computer to crank out these oversized cards, I'm going to include the missing "device" on Cosmic Omnitron's oversized card and mark each of the encounters as "2" difficulty.  If any of that turns out to be incorrect, I'll change it later.

Khedron
Khedron's picture
Playtester

Cosmic Omnitron's regular sized card does include the "device" keyword.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Thanks, I'll make a note to add that to my Clarifications PDF as well.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Yes, the oversized cards are missing the specialized keywords. Gah. A terrible oversight. *shame*

The regular sized cards should all have the correct keywords.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Cosmic Omnitron flips when components are/aren't currently in play, but since doing 7 points of damage will wipe out all components in one shot, I'm thinking of keeping our house rule that you only get to remove one component for each 7 points of damage the heroes do.  Seems like it could be a bit easy, to have Cosmic Omnitron start with H-2 components out but then for them to go away all in one blast.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

But! Do you really want to flip Cosmic Omnitron? The trick with this form is that, sure, it's easy to clear out components, but doing so puts the robot into full on attack mode, and you better be ready to deal with it!

Something to consider.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Honestly, it seems like it'd make it way more diffiult to make the effort of not flipping him. That would mean you could only do a max of six damage per turn, making the game longer and making it more likely that other things will come out and do you damage. Sure, he could be dealing your team a decent ammount of damage, but that's just a risk you have to run.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Oh ho! Are you saying this new version of Omnitron requires more complex strategies and tough choices?! 

Cheshire Grin

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

FanaticLover

Oh yay they're more complicated. I always like fighting Omnitron, but it's too easy. And Christopher, why do you want to scar us all for the rest our lives???

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Oh, the humanity!  We just played against Bomber Blade with a collection of "who are you in the mood to play tonight" heroes and got our arses handed to us. So much damage, coming at you all the time!  After our swift and ignoble defeat, we started over, this time with our "A" team of heroes and lost again, but just barely. 

I'm definitely going to be changing this villain's rating in my oversized cards to a "3" instead of a "2".  Digging it. 

ketigid

Bomber Blade is really easy on mars. Just hide in the meteor showers and charge up tachyon or bunker.

flamethrower49
Playtester

ketigid wrote:

Bomber Blade is really easy on mars. Just hide in the meteor showers and charge up tachyon or bunker.

With the new Mars, a good number of the villains are much easier, in my opinion.  Regular Blade and Voss have alternate win conditions, so they are exempt, and some villains destroy environment cards.  For the rest, hiding in the Meteor Storm is really easy, and you get to set up as much as you want while you wait for the right conditions.  Since Pervasive Red Dust doesn't destroy all of your equipment anymore, things are much happier.