The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Akash‘Thryia hint

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roger the Alien
Akash‘Thryia hint

Hi boys and girls. Just in case you didn‘t know it, if playing Akas’Thryia you should always have a look at the top card of the environment deck. You won‘t know which card will be played  (okay, for those smartypants of you, if there is just one card you will know it) but at least you will know from which deck that card will be. This was just a friendly reminder. I assume that a lot people already knew it but from time to time if playing online I notice that some rules/features are missed like this one, or the repeat decision feature which was added in one of the latest updates, or if using the Concordant Helm you should always draw first because if it‘s your first action during your turn you will get 2 cards. That‘s it, have a good time saving the multiverse.

monogarden

That's actually very helpful, thank you! I tend to not pay any attention to the card backs since I only play digitally and it never occurred to me that you'd be able to see what deck it was from.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Also! It makes it easier since the bright white/silver backgrounds make it easy to identify. Stands out a lot more

only other set that has such a distinct colour is the ones from Vengenace (I really hate the red)

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Dr. Kaylo Epsilon
Dr. Kaylo Epsilon's picture

monogarden wrote:

I tend to not pay any attention to the card backs since I only play digitally and it never occurred to me that you'd be able to see what deck it was from.

Also relevant in digital when you're in the Temple of Zhu Long, except there it's the cards atop your hero decks that you might want to be aware of.

Especially if you've done something that shuffled a Shinobi Assassin out from the top of your deck and into the middle, so can't rely on the simple "Next time I draw a card, NINJAS!" heuristic.

Let R be the set containing of all sets which do not contain themselves. Is R contained in R?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You can see reward cards on top of decks, Ambuscade's traps, and poor Graham Pike.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Nice touch to make Ambuscade's traps visible, seeing as how they go off instantly when they're on top.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Dr. Kaylo Epsilon

Oh, and I think it's possible for Guise to use I can do that, too! on Prime Wardens Captain Cosmic's Absorption and Termi-Nation Unity's Reconfigure to shuffle a construct/mechanical golem into his deck, which would eventually lead to a Unity/Captain Cosmic card atop Guise's deck.

Let R be the set containing of all sets which do not contain themselves. Is R contained in R?

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

One might even, were one inclined, stream a three-hour video of making the largest possible infernal detonator using techniques such as these!  Magma monster?  Gotta catch ‘em all!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Someone did something like that involving Lifeline https://youtu.be/dPgpfDOhaL8 but it was to put as much under OmniCannon not Infernal Detonator

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Dr. Kaylo Epsilon

Oooh, that's delightful!

Using I can do that, too! on tiny Sky-Scraper's Sneaking to return links from play to his hand, and Lemme see that... on the Orphic Repository as a way to move Lifeline cards to Guise.

Thanks for the link.

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

Gosh diddly darnit, I thought it was the detonator