The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Advice for a Superman fan fiction piece I'm writing

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities
Advice for a Superman fan fiction piece I'm writing

I am currently writing a short (very short) piece of Superman fan fiction. It's more set in in the world of Metropolis. The basic premise is Lois Lane is going to interview Lex Luthor. Now I'm torn on one possible aspect.

I want Lois Lane and Superman and/or Clark Kent to have a discussion about this. Supes is going to warn her not to take this lightly, to refuse to do it, etc… My problem is this. Should she know that Clark and Superman are one and the same? Should it be Clark Kent calling Lois Lane as a partner and a friend, warning her to be careful. Or should it be Superman meeting her in person. I have ideas for both, but I'm not sure which sounds better. I prefer she doesn’t know they are the same, and starts to lose respect for Superman's approach. On the other hand, knowing they are the same person, and making them a couple, could put a hindrance on the relationship.

Anyone here have thoughts? preferences?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I'd say it all boils down to the story you want to tell. Pick a direction that fits with what you ultimatley want to say and the best way to show that. I know thats really general and maybe not helpful.

The most recent action comics have lois go for an interview with lex as well. Kinda reminded me of that. Of course this is another worlds lois who is married and has kids with her worlds superman and knows his alter ego is clark, and after the main worlds superman and lois both die they take their places, while lex is also trying to be superman and there is another clark kent running around who isn't the previous superman and just totally human....

This is why I dont read the newer supes comics....

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Foote wrote:

I'd say it all boils down to the story you want to tell. Pick a direction that fits with what you ultimatley want to say and the best way to show that. I know thats really general and maybe not helpful.The most recent action comics have lois go for an interview with lex as well. Kinda reminded me of that. Of course this is another worlds lois who is married and has kids with her worlds superman and knows his alter ego is clark, and after the main worlds superman and lois both die they take their places, while lex is also trying to be superman and there is another clark kent running around who isn't the previous superman and just totally human....This is why I dont read the newer supes comics....

HAHA that's why it's Fan Fiction. :P but thanks! 

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Write both, and keep the better one.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Clark talks to her, and fails to convince her, then Superman tries to thwart the interview without being seen.

That would be awesome.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

phantaskippy wrote:

Clark talks to her, and fails to convince her, then Superman tries to thwart the interview without being seen.That would be awesome.

thats an Interesting thought... both

thanks!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

My suggstion is to have maybe have Supes say something about the interview before the story really starts(and alude to it, maybe she mentioned it to him when he rescues her from yet another disaster the day previous or something), and then in the story have Clark say something after it's become gossip in the planet that she snagged the interview no one else could get with Lex Luthor.

Or something like that.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Phantom5613 wrote:

My suggstion is to have maybe have Supes say something about the interview before the story really starts(and alude to it, maybe she mentioned it to him when he rescues her from yet another disaster the day previous or something), and then in the story have Clark say something after it's become gossip in the planet that she snagged the interview no one else could get with Lex Luthor.Or something like that.

Sounds good! Thanks!