The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Absolute Zero Questions on his affecting movement rates

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
JasonHenke
Absolute Zero Questions on his affecting movement rates

Do Absolute Zero's enemy movement effects (Adhesive Foam Pellets and Approaching Zero) stay in effect for the rest of the game or just the round? Adhesive Foam Pellets requires an action to do, but reads as a permenant in the text. Approaching Zero is on going and also reads as a permenant as well. Are they? Or are they meant just for the round? or is Adhesive Foam Pellets for the round and Approaching Zero a permenent? 

Card text:

Adhesive Foam Pellets:

Action Required: If a target would be damaged this attack, reduce the target's move value to 1 instead. 4 dice (hits only on 6)

Approaching Zero: 

Ongoing: Whenever Absolute Zero Deals damage to a target, reduce that target's move value by 1 for each point of of damage dealt. (Move value cannot be reduced to below 1.)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

It only last until the character rerolls movement.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Sorry I can't help with the question here as I don't have my cards, but can you please change "Sub-Zero" in the title to the correct "Absolute Zero"?

Sub-Zero's in a different game entirely. Let's not confuse people. ;)

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

SILVERLEAF-ALITY!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

Your "Movement" is different from your "move value". Your movement is the number and arrow printed on your sheet that tells you how many dice to roll and which to keep. The one you keep tells you your "move value".

Adhesive Foam Pellets and the other power reduce move value, but they don't change your movement -- at the end of your turn, you'll reroll movement and generate a fresh, untainted move value.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Thank you! :)

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

JasonHenke

So, the official ruling is that Absolute Zero's movement effects are only in play until the affected character's next roll movement?  for either card? cool.

That is how we payed it, but the cards do not say that. They are permenants in how they affect movement. Just want to be sure. I will be teaching at at store.

JasonHenke

lutherbellhendricksv wrote:

Your "Movement" is different from your "move value". Your movement is the number and arrow printed on your sheet that tells you how many dice to roll and which to keep. The one you keep tells you your "move value". Adhesive Foam Pellets and the other power reduce move value, but they don't change your movement -- at the end of your turn, you'll reroll movement and generate a fresh, untainted move value.

I want to give luther a like. all of you in fact.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

JasonHenke wrote:

I want to give luther a like. all of you in fact.

That will go straight to their heads. Don't feed the animals please.

Welcome to the forums