The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Absolute Zero questions

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
deliosshadowsoul
Playtester
Absolute Zero questions

First, to start this off with a REALLY silly question, as i usually only lurk and read (first time posting here).

Is there a search function on these forums? I couldn't see one  =\

Ok, now that the board noobishness is out of the way, i had a question about how Impaling Structure and Fueled Freeze interact. Adding an additional marker is fairly obvious, add an additional structure token. But do the structures also gain the benefit of the additional radius? Or do the structures not count as Zero doing the damage? And if they don't gain teh increased benefit, does this mean that Thermal Shockwave is the only abiity Zero has that DOES gain the increased area (didn't see any other radius attacks for him)?

Thanks a ton guys, i plan on showing this off at a game day tomorrow, and these were some of the initial questions my group had pop up. Also, i have seen it mentioned a few times about how the rulebook feels a tad incomplete, as it doesn't clearly state some of hte rules. Is there a faq running around anywhere that has clarifications?

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

deliosshadowsoul wrote:

First, to start this off with a REALLY silly question, as i usually only lurk and read (first time posting here).Is there a search function on these forums? I couldn't see one  =\ Ok, now that the board noobishness is out of the way, i had a question about how Impaling Structure and Fueled Freeze interact. Adding an additional marker is fairly obvious, add an additional structure token. But do the structures also gain the benefit of the additional radius? Or do the structures not count as Zero doing the damage? And if they don't gain teh increased benefit, does this mean that Thermal Shockwave is the only abiity Zero has that DOES gain the increased area (didn't see any other radius attacks for him)?Thanks a ton guys, i plan on showing this off at a game day tomorrow, and these were some of the initial questions my group had pop up. Also, i have seen it mentioned a few times about how the rulebook feels a tad incomplete, as it doesn't clearly state some of hte rules. Is there a faq running around anywhere that has clarifications?

Fueled Freeze adds additional radius to his Area Attacks, but not his Hazard Attacks. (Area attacks affect all targets within the radius; hazard attacks trigger against specific targets within the radius when those targets move or end turn.) Thermal Shockwave is Absolute Zero's only current Area Attack, but forward-compatibility is important; Absolute Zero may have another Area Attack someday.

Christopher has said that (hopefully Septemberish) www.sentineltactics.com will have a Card database, with FAQs and such. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions here; there's invariably a response before too long.

deliosshadowsoul
Playtester

I've been lurking on these boards for a while now, the community here is just great.

I do have another question tho, regarding the first turn in a game. It seems odd, but is move an unavailable option first turn, as you have not yet rolled to see what your move range is? When we played it a few times, it seemed like sprint was the only mobility option to start with, unless you ad something like BB's teleport to move you about.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

deliosshadowsoul wrote:

I've been lurking on these boards for a while now, the community here is just great. I do have another question tho, regarding the first turn in a game. It seems odd, but is move an unavailable option first turn, as you have not yet rolled to see what your move range is? When we played it a few times, it seemed like sprint was the only mobility option to start with, unless you ad something like BB's teleport to move you about.

You all roll initial movement before the game starts

deliosshadowsoul
Playtester

Is there somewhere in the rules that mentions that, and i totally missed it? I'd really like to be able to point it out in the rules if someone asks about it when i am teaching.

Thanks for the fast responses!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Page 2 under "Movement."

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

deliosshadowsoul
Playtester

I managed to gloss right over the first part of the sentence, and only the "to be continued" part of it stuck. probably because that is where movement rolling is listed elsewhere. Thanks!

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

The search function is at the top right, beside the "Logout".

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Be warned the internal search is pretty unreliable.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

It's probably best to use Google to search, to be honest.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!