The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Ablative Coating

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
dedlius
Ablative Coating

Did a quick search and didn't get any results. Surprised no one else has asked this. 

In one of the updates on Kickstarter they show some artwork labeled Ablative Coating. One of the characters is Omnitron X (unless I'm severely mistaken) but who is the other? He looks fascinating. Any ideas? Have I missed something obvious?

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

He doesn't exist yet, to my knowledge.

He might actually be a certain someone from [REDACTED]'s deck, but until playtesters get to see artwork I won't actually know.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Yeah, like McBehrer said, we're all pretty sure he's [REDACTED], but we won't know until we see art.

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

broccoli wrote:

Yeah, like McBehrer said, we're all pretty sure he's [REDACTED], but we won't know until we see art.

Yeah, I'd vote he's that guy from that deck. I can't wait to see what his buddies look like too.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

ketigid

I'm guessing, he's a crew on La Paradoja Magnifica. That's one of the ways playtesters with no art can get to know an unannouced character. One of the crew members may have a Samurai-ish name as its card name.

Greonhal
Playtester

Or maybe before slipping into unconsciousness, The Dreamer saw a bunch of samurai movies. Or maybe he works for The Assistant. There are options.

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

ketigid wrote:

I'm guessing, he's a crew on La Paradoja Magnifica. That's one of the ways playtesters with no art can get to know an unannouced character. One of the crew members may have a Samurai-ish name as its card name.

Ship full of historic sword weilders sound like an awesome villan encounter.

Katsue
Katsue's picture

Apparently, quite a number of 17th Century Samurai ended up in the Spanish Empire. It was a good place to go if you were fleeing persecution for being a Christian.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Greonhal wrote:

Or maybe before slipping into unconsciousness, The Dreamer saw a bunch of samurai movies. Or maybe he works for The Assistant. There are options.

There are no samurai projections, and the Assistant doesn't have any hires or anything like that.

... but yeah. I wasn't going to say La Paradoja Magnifica's name, but... that's the one.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

ketigid

Aha. What else can you tell us about La Paradoja Magnifica's crew? cool

Greonhal
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:
There are no samurai projections, and the Assistant doesn't have any hires or anything like that.... but yeah. I wasn't going to say La Paradoja Magnifica's name, but... that's the one.

I, too, am I playtester, who was trying to throw people off the scent. But, you know, good job giving information about the villains in order to correct me.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Sorry...

but yeah, I can't give you any specifics. I could say that bit about thinking the guy on Ablative Coating is that other guy because it was speculation. Saying things I know for sure would be telling, which is against teh ruelz.

-- Trajector

Garou
Garou's picture
Playtester

ketigid wrote:

Aha. What else can you tell us about La Paradoja Magnifica's crew? cool

It has [REDACTED] in it, as well as [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. Oh, and I must not forget [REDACTED], but she usually gets killed fast, because of how annoying she is.

(Disclaimer: This is not a complete list, just the highlights)

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Then there's [REDACTED], who is REALLY annoying; especially if there are a lot of [REDACTED] in play. Also, his name is hard to pronounce.

Also, they are all pretty cool, and at least one card is a reference to a popular hair metal band.

-- Trajector

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

Also, they are all pretty cool, and at least one card is a reference to a popular hair metal band.

Every time that card comes up, I always quote one of their songs. It's wonderful, but no one else gets it.

You're free to do whatever you want to.