The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A Question About Ninjas

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
VisforYoshi
VisforYoshi's picture
A Question About Ninjas

So I ran into a dilema in a game that I wasn't sure how to solve properly. We were in the Temple of Zhu'Long, and one of the shinobis went on top of Nightmist's deck. Nightmist used Mists of Time, and we weren't sure how that would interact, because the card says to switch her trash with her deck, not to discard it. I said that it wouldn't count as the Shinobi being discarded, but I wasn't actually sure.

What do you guys think? Would it be counted as discarded or not?

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever"

-Shigeru Miyamoto

PeterCHayward
PeterCHayward's picture
Game Designer

I definitely wouldn't count that as being discarded.

And you can trust me. I'm a doctor.

Australian living in Toronto. I make a lot of games. http://about.peterchayward.com

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

It is not discarded, revealed, drawn or played.  Those are all specific game terms, so it wouldn't trigger.

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

I played a game where a Shinobi was the top card of Mr. Fixer's deck when he was incapped. Later we wanted to revive him with Rites of Revival but we had no idea what that meant for the Shinobi!  We wound up reviving Setback for the third time instead.... really interesting game.  Anyway, was wondering how everyone thought this would work.  Also when Fixer was incapped we played it that his cards were removed from play but the Shinobi stayed put, remaining the top (and only) card of his deck... does anyone disagree with that interpretation?

cmschex
Playtester

Since the Shinobi is of his deck at the moment of incap, I would rule it gets removed along with the rest.  I would also shuffle it back in the deck if he was revived.  I am open to being corrected of course

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'm actually not sure what happens to a Shinobi that is on top of a hero deck.

For starters the Rulebook's glossary has this to say about incapacitation

A Hero is incapacitated when reduced to 0 or fewer HP. When this occurs, immediately remove all of that hero's cards from the game and flip the Hero Character Card.

Since the Shinobi is not one of their cards, the card would not be removed from the game. So my best guess is that it would remain where there. I guess cards like Fumbling Fool could discard it, thus putting it back into play. That would then allow the arguement of allowing other Shinobi to be stacked ontop of it.

If I were playing and this occured, I would just have it go back into play in the Environment play area.