The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

a oddly broken game.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
NickolasDavis
NickolasDavis's picture
a oddly broken game.

so my friend and i were playing (one hero each)i was mister fixer and my friend was visionary.
we were fighting plague rat, in pike.
we killed plague locust pretty fast but then i died. then my friend draw telekinetic cocoon and then for the rest of the 20 minute game the environment we won but it was not a fun game.
we trend the same thing with kismet i think with nightmist's misinform but it was destroyed soon after begin played.
so maybe not broken but maybe not in the "spirit" of the game.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

The game breaks with only 2 heroes. It screws up the (H) mechanism. This is not currently sufficiently clear in the rulebook.

For 2 players, at least one of them needs to play multiple heroes. Setting (H) at a minimum of 3 might also work, but I haven’t tried that.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I would think Sewer Fiend would ruin the ability to have the environment take Plague Rat out by environment damage.  Regardless, using Cocoon or Mistform can help you win games where the environment/villain don’t have Ongoing destruction but it’s certainly not an entertaining way to accomplish it.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yeah, the game is a 1-5 player game, but 3-5 heroes. :-(  Sorry it didn't go well! 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
I would think Sewer Fiend would ruin the ability to have the environment take Plague Rat out by environment damage.   

Though an incapacitated Mister Fixer, like in this case, is a solution as his incapacitated ability can destroy Ongoings.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

True.  I don’t normally keep Incap abilities in mind. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

steveothemocker

This sounds like the game we played against Iron Legacy over the weekend. Skyscraper, Naturalist and Bunker in the Wagner Mars base. Turn 2 Meteor storm came into play, so we spent numerous rounds loading omni-cannon while immune to damage.  Then played Emergency Evac to get rid of both Meteor storms by then, and have bunker one-shot Iron Legacy.  There's was a small risk between Pervasive Red dust and Iron Legacy's destory H equipment cards that we would lose the Cannon but between Bunker and Skyscaper's Links we kept enough others in play to not matter. It's proabably the cheesiest game we've ever had. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

That is a highly amusing and effective strategy. :D