The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A feasible (and glorious) chain reaction?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
SnowcatAssassin
A feasible (and glorious) chain reaction?

So I introduced this game to my group today with some early resistance. The group almost wrote it off as "another stupid super hero game" because I had already introduced them the Marvel's Legendary game. That one didn't go over TOO well, as we had a bad first experience, so they were feeling kind of eh towards another, though unrelated, super hero game. Thankfully after the first game we played, they immediately wanted to play another one. But we ran into a rather interesting, though possibly confusing, situation. If it was correct the way we played it, then the results were fantastic.

Our villain was Ambuscade and our heroes were Argent Adept, Nightmist, Haka, The Wraith, and Bunker, using Rook City as our environment. He started out with his hand cannon, two of his shields and a sonic mine in play, and pretty much immediately got his cloaking device into play. It was a rough start. We kept taking out the hand cannon, but through some effect or another it kept coming back out. When we could, we focused on his shields, and the environment was being very unfriendly. We got to a situation where we had his hand cannon, one shield with 9/10 damage on it, the other with 1/10 damage, an automated turret, and Charge Attacks, which gives Ambuscade an additional point to his attack and allows him to deal damage to everything (including himself and his stuff if the wording is correct) once a device is destroyed. Argent Adept used a power and destroyed the least damaged shield and all hell seemed to break loose. Triggering from the shield's destruction, Charged Attacks did 3 damage to everything (2 from the card, and another 1 from the card making all damage Ambuscade does 1 point more), which destroyed the other shield, triggering it again, which destroyed the hand cannon, which triggered it again, which destroyed the turret, which triggered it a final time, resulting in 12 damage to everyone, including himself. Now, does that seem like it all transpired correctly? It was greatly amusing to us when that happened, but I was just making sure that it all went down the way it was supposed to.

I have fallen in love with this game though. I had passed it up earlier because, unfortunately, the artwork really didn't do anything for me, but I was talked into giving it a chance and I am so glad I did.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

One game that I lost to Ambuscade, that happened during the first round, effectively halving all heros' HP.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sounds like you played it right.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

flamethrower49
Playtester

It's best when he's flipped.  He's immune to damage, and it's all irreducible.