The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A BGG challenge?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin
A BGG challenge?

"I don't see Expat, Mr Fixer, and setback ever beating progeny if it was only the three of them. Or if they beat him it would have to be super lucky."

This is the challenge that was issued on BGG today. We have some enterprising people here, and I think you can do it. Have at it! I'm not posting the link to the post because it's not about responding to it. It's about our honour!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

There are much worse matches for that group, I'll give it a shot.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

If I have time this weekend I'll play it.  Not sure they need to be super lucky to win that.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

jajd2c

Challenge accepted. I'm free this evening, and I could use some Sentinels action. Besides, I haven't played against Progeny yet, and I'd like to see how he plays.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

It is really tough anytime you put 3 against progeny, he is one of the lleast (H) based villains.

Game #1 heroes win, Expat at 6hp, Setback at 7hp, Fixer at 5hp.  In Enclave.

MVP was Expat and repeated use of hollow point shotgun shells.  Honorable mention to Fixer for 2 Grease Guns and Salvage Yard making Blight easy to deal with.

Got a bit lucky with his ongoings keeping the Scion cards in check, but that isn't out of the ordinary.

Double Futility caused Oops to be needed, never got RPG launcher.

Didn't even get the normal best cards for the fight, and I kept up with the damage race, so his flip side lowest damage only hit once (thanks Grease Gun).

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm assuming we're talking originals, not DW alternates, right?

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I'm sure you can mix and match DW versions if you want. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

First try: Megalopolis - Loss

Second try: Wagner Mars Base - Victory

Environments were random.  Expatriette and Mr. Fixer went down, but then fed Setback.  When a meteor shower came up, Setback healed up to 26 (from 5) before it was destroyed, then proceeded to trounce Progeny.  Note that Progeny was dropped to 40 health before the meteor shower came out.   And the meteor shower was the last card in the environment deck  (the other meteor shower was taken by the self-destruct sequence).

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

I picked a good day to order a dozen Sentinels of the Multiverse products.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Every day is a good day to order a dozen Sentinels of the Multiverse products.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

jajd2c

So, I tried Expat, Fixer, and Setback vs. Progeny. I randomly chose the environment, and ended up in The Final Wasteland.

Having never faced Progeny before, I was surprised by how quickly he started putting damage on the heroes, and the critters from the environment didn't help matters much. I got him down to about half health before my heroes were all incapped.

I still think that this not an unwinnable situation for the heroes, but I'll have to play it smarter than I did this first time.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Progeny versus Expatriette, Mister Fixer, and Setback in Realm of Discord

Start of Game

Progeny starts with Scion of the Frost, Progeny deals 1 damage to Expatriette (28), Mister Fixer (27), and Setback (30).

Expatriette starts with Assualt Rifle, Speed Loading, RPG Launcher, and RPG Launcher.

Mister Fixer starts with Riveting Crane, Charge, Overdrive, and Overdrive.

Setback starts with Silver Lining, High Risk Behavior, Cash Out, and Karmic Retribution

Round 1

Progeny plays Scion of the Blight, Progeny deals 1 damage to Expatriette (27), Mister Fixer (26), and Setback (29). At the end of Progeny's turn, Progeny deals each hero target 2 damage: Expatriette (25), Mister Fixer (24), and Setback (27).

Expatriette plays Assault Rifle. Uses Load to play Speed Loading. Draws Submachine Gun.

Mister Fixer plays Riveting Crane. Mister Fixer uses Strike to deal 1 damage to Progeny (89), Progeny heals by 2 (90), and Mister Fixer discards Overdrive. Mister Fixer draws Tire Iron.

Setback plays High Risk Behavior. Setback uses Risk to add an token to his Unlucky Pool (1) and to play Reckless Ruch from the top of his deck; Setback deals 2 damage to Progeny (88); Progeny regains 2 HP (90) and Setback discards Karmic Retribution. Setback deals himself 2 damage (25) and adds 2 tokens to his Unlucky Pool (3). Setback draws Turn of Events.

Realm of Discord plays Time Crawls.

Round 2

Progeny plays Scion of the Storm, Progeny deals 1 damage to Setback (24). Scion of the Blight is Destroyed. Progeny deals 1 damage to Expatriette (24) and Mister Fixer (23); Progeny deals 2 damage to Setback (22). Progeny plays The Inevitable, revealing to 5 cards to find Obvious Futility. Progeny deals 1 damage to Expatriette (23) and Mister Fixer (22); Progeny deals 2 damage to Setback (20).

Expatriette plays RPG Launcher to destroy Time Crawls and deal 2 damage to Progeny (88) then Progeny heals by 2 (90). Expatriette uses Assault Rifle, deals 2 damage to Progeny (88). Expatriette draws Liquid Nitrogen Rounds.

Mister Fixer plays Charge to deal 1 damage to Progeny (87) then Progeny heals by 2 (89). Mister Fixer uses Strike to deal 1 damage to Progeny (88). Mister Fixer draws Overdrive.

Setback add a token to his Unlucky Pool (4). Setback plays Turn of Events, removing 3 tokens from his Unlucky Pool (1). Expatriette uses Assault Rifle to deal 2 damage to Progeny (86) and healing 2 (88). Mister Fixer uses Strike to deal 1 damage to Progeny (87). Setback uses Risk to add a token to his Unlucky Pool (2) and play Plucky Break, removing 2 tokens from his Unlucky Pool (0), drawing Reckless Rush, dealing 2 damage to Progeny (85), and healing 3 (23). Setback draws Karmic Retribution.

Realm of Discord plays Portal Fiend.

Round 3

Progeny plays Hour of Reckoning. Progeny deals 2 damage to Expatriette (21), Mister Fixer (20), and Setback (21). Progeny plays Time of Tribulations.

Expatriette draws Hairtrigger Reflexes and Assault RIfle.

Mister Fixer draws Harmony and Meditation.

Setback adds a token to his Unlucky Pool (1). Setback uses Risk to add a token to his Unlucky Pool (2). Setback draws Exceeded Expectations.

Portal Fiend deals 1 damage to Setback (20). Realm of Discord plays Imbued Vitality.

Round 4

Progeny destroys Speed Loading, Riveting Crane, High Risk Behviour, Hour of Reckoning, Assault Rifle, Scion of the Storm, and Time of Tribulations. Progeny plays Beginning of the End, destroying Portal Fiend and Imbued Vitality. Progeny deals 2 damge to Expatriette (19), Mister Fixer (18), and Setback (18).

Expatriette plays RPG Launcher, destroying Obvious Futility and dealing 2 damage to Progeny (83). Expatriette uses Load to play Hairtrigger Reflexes. Expatriette draws Tactical Shotgun.

Mister Fixer plays Meditation, searches deck for Driving Mantis and put it into play. Mister Fixer uses Strike to deal 1 damage to Progeny (82). Mister FIxer draws Grease Monkey Fist. 

Setback plays Reckless Rush, dealing 2 damage to Progeny (80) and Setback (16). Setback adds to tokens to his Unlucky Pool (4). Setback uses Risk to add a token to his Unlucky Pool (5) and plays Looking Up. Setback draws Reckless Rush.

Realm of Discord plays Ghostly Images. Exptriette puts Arsenal Access into play, revealing Pride and putting it into play. Mister Fixer reveals Tool Box, discarding it and deal himself 2 damage which he redirects to Progeny (78). Setback reveals Silver Lining, discarding it and dealing 2 damage to himself (14).

Round 5

Progeny plays The Inevitable, putting Time of Tribulations into play. Progeny deals 3 damage to Expatriette (16), Mister Fixer (15), and Setback (11). Progeny deals 4 damage to Expatriette (12), Mister Fixer (11), and Setback (7).

Expatriette plays Tactical Shotgun. Expatriette uses Tactical Shotgun to deal 4 damage to Progeny (74). Expatriette draws Tactical Shotgun.

Mister Fixer plays Harmony. Mister Fixer uses Strike to deal 1 damage to Progeny (73). Mister Fixer draws Grease Gun.

Setback plays Silver Lining. Setback uses Looking Up to add 3 tokens to his Unlucky Pool (8) and deal 3 damage to Progeny (70). Setback draws Whoops! Sorry!.

Realm of Discord plays Ethereal Bonds. Ethereal Bonds deals 2 damage to Expatriette (10).

Round 6

Progeny flips! Progeny Destroys Tactical Shotgun and Time of Tribulations. Progeny plays Scion of the Flame. Progeny deals 2 damage to Expatriette (8), Setback (5), and Mister Fixer who redirects it to Progeny (68). Progeny deals 3 damage to Setback (2).

Expatriette plays Tactical Shotgun. Expatriette uses Load to play Assault Rifle. Expattriette draws Submachine Gun.

Mister FIxer plays Tire Iron. He uses Strike to deal 2 damage to Progeny (66). Mister FIxer draws Grease Gun.

Setback plays Karmic Retribution, removing 7 Unlucky Tokens (1) and deals 7 damage to Progeny (59). Setback uses Looking Up to add 3 tokens to his Unucky Pool (4) and deal 3 damage to Progeny (56).

Realm of Discord plays Time Flies. Ethereal Bonds deals 2 damage to Mister Fixer who redirects it to Progeny (54).

Round 7

Progeny plays Hour of Reckoning. Progeny Destroys Hairtrigger Reflexes, Harmony, Looking Up, Scion of the Flame, and Hour of Reckoning. Progeny plays Elemental Outburst.

Expatriette plays Submachine Gun and Liquid Nitrogen Rounds onto Assault Rifle. Expatriette uses Tactical Shotgun to deal 4 damage to Progeny (50). Draws Unload and Reload.

Mister Fixer plays Overdrive, dealing 1 damage to Progeny twice (48). Draws Salavage Yard and Hoist Chain.

Setback plays Cash Out, removing 4 tokens, and drawing Surpising Fortune x2, Karmic Retribution, and Uncharmed Life. Setback discards Surprising Fortune and Mister Fixer discards Grease Gun. Heal 2 for Expatriette (10), Mister Fixer (13), and Setback (4). Setback plays Whoops! Sorry! Destroying Submachine Gun and adding 3 tokens to Unlcuky Pool (3). Setback uses Risk to gain an Unlucky token (4) and play Friendly Fire. Setback draws Fumbling Fool and Exceeded Expectations.

Realm of Discard plays Explosive Bubbles. Ethereal Bonds deal 2 damage to Mister Fixer which is redirected to Progeny (46). Explosive Bubbles deal 2 damage to Progeny (44), Expatriette (8), Mister Fixer (11), and Setback (2).

Round 8

Progeny plays Scion of the Storm, Elemental Outburst, and Obvious Futility.

Expatritte plays Submachine Gun and Unload. Expatriette uses Assault Rifle to deal 2 damage to Explosive Bubbles (3) and 1 Progeny (43) and Mister Fixer which is redirected to Progeny (42); Load to play Reload to get the Liquid Nitrogen Rounds from the trash and play it on Tactical Shotgun; Tactical Shotgun to deal 3 damage to Progeny (40); Finally Pride for 1 damage to Progeny. Draw Hollow Points and Arsenal Access.

Mister Fixer plays Salvage Yard and Toolbox drawing Harmony and Bloody Knuckles. Use Strike to deal 1 damage to Explosive Bubbles (2) and destroying them. Draws Meditation and Jack Handle.

Setback plays Surprising Fortune and Fumbling Fool, adding 3 tokens to Unlucky Pool (7). Uses Surprising Fortune to remove 2 tokens from the Unlucky Pool (5), heal 2 (4), and draw Whoops! Sorry! and Exceeded Expectations. Draw Plucky Break and Cause and Effect.

Realm of Discord plays Negative Energy Field, destroying Time Flies. Ethereal Bounds deals 2 to Mister Fixer which is redirected for 1 to Progeny (39)

Round 9

Progeny plays Beginning of the End, Negative Energy Field deals 1 damage to Expatriette (7). Progeny destroys Ethereal Bonds, Negative Energy Field, Friendly Fire, Surprising Fortune, Driving Mantis, Tire Iron, Toolbox, and Submachine Gun. Plays Form of the Harbringer, but deck is Empty. 

Expatriette plays Hollow Points on Tactical Shotgun. Uses Tactical Shotgun for 5 damage to Progeny (34). Draw Unload.

Mister Fixer plays Grease Monkey Fist. Use strike to deal 1 damage to Progeny (33). Draw Dual Crowbars.

Setback plays Whoops! Sorry! destroying Pride and Obvious Futility. Adding 3 tokens to Unlucky Pool (8). Use Risk to add a token to Unlucky Pool (9) and play Uncharmed Life. Draw Fumbling Fool.

Realm of Discord plays Portal Fiend.

Round 10

Progeny's trash shuffles into deck. Plays Elemental Outburst, dealing 1, 1, and 1 to Mister Fixer (8). Progeny deals 2 damage to Setback (2). Plays Scion of the Frost, dealing 1 damage to Expatriette (6), Mister Fixer (7), and Setback (1).

Expatriette plays Liquid Nitrogen Rounds on Tactical Shotgun. Uses Tactical Shotgun to deal 4 damage to Progeny (29) and Progeny heals 2 (31). Draw Shock Rounds.

Mister Fixer plays Dual Crowbars. Uses Strike to deal 3 damage to Portal Fiend (14) and 5 to Progeny (26) and Progeny heals 2 (28). Draw Bloody Knuckles.

Setback plays Fumbleing Fool to add 3 tokens to Unlucky Pool (12). Using Risk to add a token to Unlucky Pool (13) and plays Whoops! Sorry! destroying Assault Rifle and adding 3 to Unlucky Pool (16). Draws Cash Out.

Portal Fiend deals 11 damage to Mister Fixer, Setback removes 2 tokens from his Unlucky Pool (14) to redirect the damage to himself (-10). Silver Ling removes 14 tokens from the Unlucky Pool (0) and Setback is restored to 14 HP. Realm of Discord plays Imbued Fraility.

Round 11

Progeny plays Time of Tribulations. Progeny deals 4 damage to Expatriette (2). Progeny plays Scion of the Flame, he deals 4 damage to Expatriette (-2), Mister Fixer (3), and Setback (10). Scion of the Frost is destroyed.

Expatriette, the next time Mister Fixer uses a Power, Mister Fixer will deal 1 target 1 damage.

Mister Fixer plays Bloody Knuckles. Mister Fixer uses Strike, dealing 5 damage to Portal Fiend (9) and 10 to Progeny (18). Mister Fixer then deals 5 damage to Portal Fiend (4) and 10 to Progeny (8). Draws Tire Iron.

Setback plays Reckless Rush, dealing 3 damage to himself (7) and Progeny (5). Adds 3 tokens to Unlucky Pool (3). Use Risk to add 1 token to Unlucky Pool (4) and plays Looking Up. Draws Reckless Rush.

Portal Fiend does 12 damage to Progeny (-7)

Heroes win! Expatriette incapped, Mister Fixer at 3 HP and Setback at 7.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Every day is a good day to order a dozen Sentinels of the Multiverse products.

Truth.