The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A (almost) Perfect Game

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture
A (almost) Perfect Game

Just wanted to share the madness that was this game that lead to 0, count them, ZERO heroes incapacitated against OblivAeon. Only 1 environment was destroyed to keep it from being even better.

Starting setup was Nexus of the Void and Realm of Discord, with Redeemer Fanatic, Prime Wardens Haka, Absolute Zero, Omnitron-U, and Lifeline, with The Ceaseless Ruin (Nixious) and Voss.

The game went something like this:
First round Unbracing Smite, so just a little damage to 2 heroes.
Every hero books it to zone 2, beats up Aeon Men and takes objectives with a plan in mind.
Scions do stuff, but nothing serious. Nixious RUN AWAY!s to zone 2 and flips.

Round 2: OblivAeon plays Absorb Energy and whiffs, but adds a bunch of tokens
Heroes punt around with Scions and Aeon Men, getting Nixious down to ~5, with a focus on picking up objectives. Haka plays Ground Pound.
Scions do more stuff, heroes are bored.

Round 3: OblivAeon Nukes Nexus of the Void, pulling out Mobile Defense Platform, then plays Global Devastation. This kills Nixious, flipping a bunch of difficult objectives for free (Including Orchestrate the Void! Nixious is becoming my favorite Scion for this reason), bringing out Dark Mind, and the heroes are bored.
Heroes look at all the shinies they just got, including A Brother's Sacrifice and Bloodstone, then beat up Aeon Men and Darkmind. Haka plays a second Gound Pound due to Mission Reward Shenanigans
Scions do more stuff, including pulling OblivAeon to Zone 2. By this point Magmaria has over 3 cards in trash due to Magmarian Throng at some point.

Round 4: OblivAeon shield flips due to the trash in Magmaria, then plays Tear Through Reality to enter Zone 2, and blows up some Scions. Heroes are bored, until the Disintigrating Bastion actually makes them hurt themselves. This destroys the shield, OblivAeon enters Phase 2

From here, things get hazy, but include things like A Brother's Sacrifice to explode Borr on OblivAeon's face, specifically targeting Fanatic first to pop Bloodstone and heal enough to save Lifeline, and RUN AWAY! from an Impending Doom that I couldn't take out.

Final Round -1: Omnitron-U uses Volatile Wiring on his turn. Lifeline is a beast of damage at this point, including Apex of Procitority, Cursor, Cosmic Immolation, Terminarch's Armor, Nordidan Sulph-Axe, 2 Alien Arcana, and a Infernal Detonator. I am trying to actively not flip OblivAeon until after his turn, so I don't do as much as I could, but bring him down pretty hard. Omnitron starts wondering what this little Shard thing that Lifeline cleaved off OblivAeon does. Voss doesn't like the heros' plan though, and brings OblivAeon to 2 on his turn.

Final Round: OblivAeon plays Absorb Energy, then hits T-Rex bot. T-Rex bot doesn't like this, and counterattacks enough to go to Phase 3.
OblivAeon is annoyed by this and goes to Zone 1 to finish his Absorbing. This means a bunch of tokens get added, to a total of ~16. He then returns to Zone 2 and pokes people.
Fanatic, Haka, and AZ all agree that this whole "Destroying the Multiverse" thing hasn't been too bad, and they should help keep Lifeline alive so he can unload. Playing defensively only pays off so much when OblivAeon plays cards every turn though, and it looks like Lifeline might finally be out.

Until, that is, Omnitron-U figures out what an OblivAeon Shard can do with his Volatile Wiring.

Omnitron discards a card to power up the Shard, then plays another component, bringing his count up to ~10. He then uses Volatile Wiring (#2) to play Singularity.
(Meme voice) This kills the OblivAeon.
Dealing 2x 2+16 damage for EACH of his cards destroyed, Omnitron easily blows through all 120 of Phase 3 OblivAeon's health. Voss steps in and slurps up OblivAeon's power.
Omnitron: Imma let you finish, but I ain't done yet.
Omnitron continues to destroy his own equipment, and blows away Voss before even running out of stuff to blow up.

And thus the Multiverse was saved, because Unity did a bad job of re-wiring Omnitron-X.

~Komori

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

“A bad job that works is a good job.” -Unity -Michael Scott

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nice!

This is the fun of OblivAeon for me -- the phase 3 shenanigans when you're loaded up with Rewards.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel