The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

2015 Wintertime Holiday Sale Extravaganza!

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
2015 Wintertime Holiday Sale Extravaganza!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

FYI, when ordering I found that it was necessary to actually put a copy of the promos in to your cart. A discount would then show up when checking out.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Yeah Guise and AZ promos!  Time to buy that second copy of Deck Building the Deck Building game.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

morph147

<<<runs in circles for joy>>>

wonder if I order today if they will be here in time for my thanksgiving SoTM family game that we do at get togethers?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Julia
Playtester

I'm excited other people are excited!

Also, PSA (provided my calculations are correct):

To save various EU/International people some trial, error and brainpower, you can apparently get up to 4 packs of the promo cards for the somewhat cheaper International Flat Rate @ 11$ (any more, and you have to pay for the Fed Ex Parcel rate which is 29.03$. Yikes!).

So if you buy 4 packs of promo cards (together with your friends or if you for some reason have 4 sets of the game) and pay International Flat Rate Postage, one set of cards is 3.46$, because one of the packs of promos is free as soon as you buy more than one (and that's about 86 cents per card). Bizarrely, that means that if you need 8 sets of promo cards, you'd actually be cheaper off buying them in two lots of 4.

Postage is weird.

(Edited to add: International Flat Rate only makes sense if you don't mind if Santa Guise doesn't actually show up for Christmas, what with the estimated delivery time being 4-6 weeks.)

Semper ludens.

Jimeni
Playtester

Wooohooo! Nice sale and new promos! I'm taking advantage of this and already placed my order. Yay!

Estelindis
Estelindis's picture
Playtester

Those are some super-sweet promos.  :)

godzilla999666

I placed an order for the replacements decks for the promos themselves. I am a nut and buy replacement decks so I can have friends play promos of the same character. the craziest was the 3 legacy taking on iron legacy, we lost hard but legacy has a good time ha ha

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

The only thing I'd want is painted Broken City minis, but they're sold out so can't be added to the cart, so no order to add the promo cards to. There's no way to pre-order or wish list those to give GtG money and take advantage of the promos?

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

I think you can also just order the promos.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Benhimself
Benhimself's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I ordered the promos (well, three copies, I got friends to take care of) and nothing else, went through fine. (The cost of one set of the promos was deducted, so stands to reason if you just get one you will only pay for shipping and handling.)

Julia
Playtester

Benhimself wrote:

Yeah, I ordered the promos (well, three copies, I got friends to take care of) and nothing else, went through fine. (The cost of one set of the promos was deducted, so stands to reason if you just get one you will only pay for shipping and handling.)

I think I read that you get a pack for free with any purchase, but if you only want one set of the promo cards and nothing else, you'd have to pay the 0.95.

But if you buy two sets, you effectivly would only pay for one and get the other one free, so there really doesn't seem to be an awfully good reason not to buy two if the promo cards are all you want from the sale (unless they are in short supply or something). 

Semper ludens.

waedens
Playtester

Bummed out because I literally ordered Mr Chomps for Hanukkah a few days before they announced the sale. Paid full price and full price shipping. I emailed and messaged GTG, but got no reply. Last night guess what showed up on my door. I am more bummed out that I haven't got a response than by anything else. 

Powerhound_2000

I think only Paul is active at GtG currently as Christopher and Craig are at BGG con.   Typically those emails are one that Craig gets.  Hopefully they can work something out with you.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

seesome
seesome's picture

waedens wrote:

Bummed out because I literally ordered Mr Chomps for Hanukkah a few days before they announced the sale. Paid full price and full price shipping. I emailed and messaged GTG, but got no reply. Last night guess what showed up on my door. I am more bummed out that I haven't got a response than by anything else. 

Same thing happened to me last year.  I ordered a Mr. Chomps for my daughter for Hanukkah a few days before the Christmas sale began.  It's unfortunate, but I can't really blame them for it.

Time for some scientific action!
https://twitter.com/SeeSome

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Sorry about the lack of response! I am sure that those orders were shipped out right before Craig left for BGG Con, and that he has not had a chance to respond to emails since he left.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

waedens
Playtester

I know what's done is done, but any chance I can work something out to get the promo cards that I would have included in my order?

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Edit: NVM I found what I was looking for.

morph147

just out of curisoity has anyone seen their promos yet?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000

I haven't and I ordered something the first day.   The status is still at "payment received" on my order page.  

morph147

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I haven't and I ordered something the first day.   The status is still at "payment received" on my order page.  

same here thats why i was curious. idk about the order page. still says preorder for my tactics maps.

Azqa
Azqa's picture
Playtester

morph147 wrote:

same here thats why i was curious. idk about the order page. still says preorder for my tactics maps.

Ehh, my order of Wrath of the Cosmos from 2014 still shows up as "pre-order".  GtG is a small enough company that they don't need a really rigid order management system that requires tighter integration with product shipments right now.  Some day though... :)

godzilla999666

Even though my tactic maps still says preorder, when i click on it, it shows rge tracking number so i know i got it. So i just keep checking my krder details.

ketigid

Hi Paul, Craig,

I happen to be in US during this period of time and order tha Holiday Promos.

I placed my order on 24th Nov 2015, hoping to receive it before I leave.

Now, I'm leaving US in 2 days, and I have no idea where my order is.

I have sent emails to contact, warehouse, craig, and paul. Maybe it got overlooked, but I did not receive a reply.

If any one sees this, please drop me a reply, so I know the latest status of my order.

Thanks.

Kingofsouls

Yea, I am wondering about my order, placed on the 21th of November. The only thing I have is an automated emal that states the order was made, but from what I can tell you are still recieving my payment. I really want to know when my order is being shipped, or where it is if it already has been shipped.

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.

Powerhound_2000

Packages have started to send as some people have received theirs.  I know I got a notice from fedex that a package was coming to me last Friday but it still hasn't shown any updates since this past Sunday.   So I imagine the only update you'd get is that FedEx has picked up the shipment by this point. I hope that you get your orders soon.  

Edit: To get the notice from Fedex like I did you need to sign up for an account through Fedex.

ketigid

I got a reply.

Thank you for helping out.

Btw, I had a great time in US. smiley

aidanhurst
Playtester

My promo cards just arrived today, and I'm in the UK so I would have thought you guys should have got yours first.

Kingofsouls

....I didn't do that. So the short version is I will have no idea when my Promos and Guise will get here?

Rats.

Powerhound_2000

You should be able to open an account with FedEx and see deliveries coming to you.  

Kingofsouls

No need,got them a few days ago. Guise is a total blast.

Comrade Bubbles
Comrade Bubbles's picture

Any-one else in the UK recieved their order? I ask only because my partner and I are going away for over a week tomorrow (Tuesday 22nd) evening and I don't really want FedEx to have my debit card details on an account I will never use.

The space/time continuum was broken when I got here. Honest.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

I thought from the last time this came up that the inbound reports were a US only thing and didn't work in the UK? If you have a tracking number you can follow a parcel without opening an account, but I think that tracker only works for domestic shipments and not international so it only tells you when a parcel is in the UK and only a couple of days (customs and all that) from arriving?

Comrade Bubbles

That's what I thought too. I wondered if they had changed that. At least I know I don't need an account now :P

But as I don't have a tracking number, I was grasping at straws because I don't want my order arriving while we're not here and then being returned. All I could find on the FedEx site was that they'll hold it for five days. Which I'm hoping means my Google fu is weak, rather than that being the actual number.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

I remember from previous orders from >G that I got a tracking number at some point, not sure if Fedex sent it or if it came from >G though. I don't think that Fedex will send a parcel back to the states because someone was away over Christmas - if they are operating on working days then it will be more than a calendar week that they will hold the parcel for anyway. I'm pretty sure in any case that you get an email from Fedex at some point that allows you to give them further instructions!

Comrade Bubbles

The only time I've had a tracking number is when my order for something wasn't shipped and I contacted GtG. They sorted it out and sent me the number in our e-mail conversation.
I'm in no particular rush, and I'm certainly not letting this undermine my faith in GtG.

Powerhound_2000

Unless they did it different for overseas I don't think anyone in the U.S. received a shipping notice from GtG.   It was only because of my fedex account that I got a notice.   

Mezike
Mezike's picture

I think my ones were probably from Fedex then, I do remember that I could only see the shipment when it was at Heathrow.

jhochges

My experience was that I didn't get a shipping notice, and my order status never changed. I order 11/21, just got my stuff last week.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

jhochges wrote:

My experience was that I didn't get a shipping notice, and my order status never changed. I order 11/21, just got my stuff last week.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're not in the UK though...

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

I'm in the ROI I got it yesterday,according to the stamp it was posted on the 14/12

Sapienta potentia est

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Royal Overseas Infantry?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

padcurtin
padcurtin's picture

Republic of Ireland,the country slightly west of the UK

Sapienta potentia est

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

All of the preorders placed as of yesterday have gone out. Some were shipped via FedEx, and some via USPS, depending on the size of the order. Unfortunately, due to how these orders were processed, many of the orders will not have their status updated in your account on greaterthangames.com (i.e., they will keep saying "Payment Received" forever).

Shipping companies are very slow over Christmas and New Years, but if you have already placed an order and do not receive it by the beginning of 2016, definitely send an email to contact@greaterthangames.com and we'll sort it out!

Comrade Bubbles

Thanks, Paul. I know I have a few weeks to wait yet anyway because I believe I went with the economy shipping option, but I'll bear it in mind. It was just with other people in the UK beginning to get theirs, I was getting antsy. (As an aise, antsy is a really fun word.)

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Woo!