The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

1000 Blank White Cards II - Round 7!

190 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I'll cast poison powder on the non-weepinoom highest HP pokemon thing, or the player with Highest HP if no pokemon are left.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Rules question, I thought I read that the pochimeras couldn't be killed if they had more than 250 hp. Magnebro had 350 when the sword went off so how is thay handled?
Also has charm gone away or is it staying through my turns? Ie does it wear off on skippy's turns or mine?

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

I assumed it was reduced to -275 hp, at which point it was destroyed for having less than 0 hp, and was not indestructible because -275 is less than 250.

To quote The Price of Spring:  

Quote:
'Killed her,' [he] said.  'You. Killed her.'

'Well.  More precisely, we wounded her profoundly and then she died,' the pale man said.  'But I'll grant you it's a fine point.  The effect is much the same.'

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

Yeah I just reread the card and it makes sense now. I was reading it as, "If the pochimera is above 250 hp, it can not be killed with a single attack," when it instead reads, "If the pochimera is above 250 hp, it cannot be destroyed save reducing it to below 250 hp and using a destroy effect or reducing it to 0 or fewer hp"

I'm still waiting on the Charm question as it pertains to his use of poison powder, though I believe right now my Slowfable is immune due to  Ronway of Not Caring

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I think Charm should still be active until at least the beginning of your turn, and it could last longer than that.

I'm not sure whether Charm or Ronway of Not Caring would cover your Slowfable, but I think that Charm definately should, and RoNC might.

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

He mentioned that "they have a little protection" in his recap and the other part of the plural can only be Slowfable.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Oh, I missed that!  Good catch!

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Since Just Assume I'm Alway's Doing That alters the freqency of the card effects so they occur every turn, I'm ruling that the duration of Charm and Poisonpowder also got sped up. By this point Charm has worn off. Poisonpowder is still going.

Also, sorry for the delays between updates! Now I know what webcomic artists feel like... If I were a player I'd have totally disqualified me. But I'm gonna try to be better about this from now on. You're all great sports and deserve a fun game. ◕‿◕

Anyways, I'm assuming Ronway has finished sending the necesary PMs to resolve the three instances of Haunted by Ronway. Silverleaf's turn now!

I make games! Here's one of them! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/626169

BoardGameGeek interviewed me about my contribution to Shattered Timelines, Kismet! http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/17671/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-shat...

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Yay! you're back!  (of course, everyone else seems to be gone now)

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Yes, it is I, the GM! I'm pretty sure the other players are still here( I was just talking to Ronway a couple days ago, in fact, so at the very least he's still actively playing); Silverleaf probably just hasn't checked back here yet. Of all the players, she misses her turn the most often (no offense smiley). I think I'll give her until tomorrow to take her turn since it's understandable for people not to be checking this everyday given the recent update frequency. My plan is to sort of ease back into this so everyone has a good chance to notice it's running at a normal pace again.

Also, as per phantaskippy's instructions, I have had his Weepinoom randomly poison one of the three other Pochimeras, Silverleaf's Dragoneot. Since JAIADT only applies to card effects affecting phantaskippy, the Poisonpowder effect on the Dragoneot is not sped up by this card. When Silverleaf's turn ends, Weepinoom will drop to a mere 200 HP due to poison, and it has been determined that neither ability will recharge this end of turn.

BoardGameGeek interviewed me about my contribution to Shattered Timelines, Kismet! http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/17671/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-shat...

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Welp, that's it for her turn. Next up, jsz2!

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Welp, I think that it's time to

Which, with recursive engineering should give me three extra draws, and three extra plays.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Sorry guys, things have been mad busy around here and although I meant to take my turn, it escaped me. I'm not likely to have any time until Tuesday, so feel free to skip me if my turn comes round again before then. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I wanted to wait to see what I drew, but I want to keep the game moving, so I'll post the three cards I'm playing now.

First off, I'm going to use my Tentatortle's second water gun to bounce Just assume I'm always doing that back to his hand.

Then I shall play a

Targeting Humble-Knight, Phantaskippy, and BluehairedMeerkat to take three additional turns.

Then I shall release my 

Which, if I understand how Recursive Engineering works, will cause 3 players to lose 25 pts at the end of my turn, and will produce 3 copies at the beginning of my turn.  I'm not sure if the copies will be affected by Recursive Engineering, but that still means a lot of bunnies.

Finally

On Ronway, Phantaskippy, and Silverleaf.   At the end of my turn, I'll have Humble-Knight, BlueHairedMeerkat, and Phantaskippy lose 25 pts each.

And now I believe that it is my turn again.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Nooo!!!!!!!

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Oh dear gods, not the bunnies...

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

If any of you have cards you can play out of turn, now's probably the time to use them...

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Who wants to be my fwend?

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

I DO I DO I DO

-Reckless

Humble-Knight
Humble-Knight's picture

I don't lose points...

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Don't worry, I plan to make everything better next round.  (two of my extra turns will be after the round end, right?)

Mezike
Mezike's picture

I have an ominous feeling that the game will imminently become broken smiley

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I don't think I'll break the game too badly. But it will become interesting.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Aararargh. Sorry, been busy with Real Life Problems lately. I'll have the game up to date by tomorrow.

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

jsz2, I've sent you a card!

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I can't actually see the card (it's coming up as 404 not found), but I'll just play something else in the intrests of moving forward.

So, first things first:  My bunny produces three more bunnies.  Then, if my water guns recharged last turn, I'll use them on the Ubbi Dubbi Curse, and then on Iambic Pentameter.

Now, it's time for some

[Removed to avoid confusion]

Which gets played on Phantaskippy, Ronway, and Humble Knight.

Then my bunnies attack!  I'll send all the damage to Humble Knight, where it will be absorbed by the Ronway of Not Caring.

Now it's time for a new round, in which we shall all become fwends!

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Oh, now that I can see the card I drew, I'd much rather play that.  So just pretend that instead of Son Jaliscience, I instead played

So that we all gain 3000 pts x3

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Oh, whoops! Forgot to roll for that!

...Nope, your Pochimera's abilites don't recharge.

So is the way Catigious Ronway works that you take extra turns during the skipped turns of the players you used it on?

Also, I'm fairly certain "catigious" isn't a word? Was that supposed to be "contiguous" or something?

Recap will be up momentarily.

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

jsz2 wrote:

So that we all gain 3000 pts x3

Ooh! That even includes me! Thank you!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Alex wrote:

Also, I'm fairly certain "catigious" isn't a word? Was that supposed to be "contiguous" or something?Recap will be up momentarily.

Yeah, for some reason I butchered the spelling of it!

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

I'm still going to get this done, but summer classese have started this week and I don't have as much free time now. Sorry to make you all wait so much, I hope you still manage to enjoy this game despite the slowness.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

I don't mind. On the other hand, I'm the only player who has played a card in over a month.

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Recap Time!

And boy, do we need one. Terribly sorry it's been so long since some of you had turns; after this recap the rest of the updates shouldn't be hard to do and I'll be able to do them despite being more busy now. My tentative goal is to update at least once every two days. Let's see if I can get this thing moving at a good pace from now on; things are getting interesting!

Before anyone could react, a wormhole opened up and a temporally-displaced jsz2 appeared, completing the sword strike he started last round instantly! Before BlueHairedMeerkat could work out what was happening, his faithful partner Magnebro was cut down so harshly its HP technically went NEGATIVE. Not content to cheat continuity just once, Jsz2's Magical Girl enhanced the move and created a double time loop! Jsz2 acted twice at a time when he shouldn't have acted at all! He used the extra time to accumulate cards.

Phantaskippy used Silverleaf's signature move to make everyone assume he had permission to always use his Pochimera, even on other people's turns! It whiped itself up into a frenzy of energy( er, card)-draining and toxin-slinging. However, the extra exertion really didn't do anything to help Weepinoom's poisoning, which started weakening it significantly faster.

BlueHairedMeerkat thought that traveling to Soviet Russia was really fun, and decided to take everyone on another journey: A mobile defense platform containing another mobile defense platform containing another mobile defense platform! The recursion started trippling every played card's effect.

Ronway turned into a ghost, stealing cards from phantaskippy.

Silverleaf missed her turn.

jsz2 used their Tentatortle to put an end to Just Assume I'm Always Doing That. They also pulled me into the game somehow, gaining three more card plays in the process. They then channeled Ronway's power to clone himself, replacing the next turns of Humble-Knight, phantaskippy, and BlueHairedMeerkat. Next, jsz2 summoned an army of Gene-Bound Bunnies, which began multiplying exponentially. They attacked the same three players. Finally, they pulled out even more rodents and handed the spiny things to Ronway, Phantaskippy, and Silverleaf. The hedghogs' painful pricks caused them to lose their hands.

Humble-Knight's turn got replaced by jsz2, who realized he'd been pretty mean to everyone, and just gave everybody 9000 points to make up for it.

At the end of the round, phantaskippy's Weepinoom survived the poisoning! It faded away!

The deck has 20 cards remaining.

• -Anyone who destroys another player's Pochimera gets 1000 points and 2 cards. Pochimera cards are indestructable above 250HP.
  • -All cards, when first played, have their effects applied thrice in succession.

I have 9000 points.

Phantaskippy has 9754 points, 34 deer teeth, and 0 cards.

• -Loses 50 points every time he fails to speak in iambic pentameter.
  • -Must convert his iambic pentameter into Ubbi-Dubbi before posting or lose 60 points.
  • -Has a Weepinoom with two single-use turn abilities: , 150HP
  •     -Absorb(Expended)- Steal random card from player.
  •     -Poison Powder(Expended)- Player loses 50pts at end of each round. Effect has 20% chance of going away at start of each round.
  • -Has lost his next turn, in which jsz2 will go instead.

BlueHairedMeerkat has 9075 points and 8 cards.

• -Cannot use the letters I, J, K, or L.
  • -Has lost his next turn, in which jsz2 will go instead.

Ronway has 8600 points and 0 cards.

• -Can get one almost-accurate answer to a question each round. , 1000HP
  • -Can cast a spell, gaining +1 Entropy Point, if he discards a card and instead of playing one and doesn't have 3 Entropy Points. , spells are

Silverleaf has 8850 points and 0 cards.

• -Has a Dragoneot with two single-use turn abilities: , 450HP
  •     -Dragon Dance(Ready)- Double the effect of your next card play.
  •     -Aerial Ace(Expended)- Ignore all non-pregame rules regarding card plays, and play a card. Then stop ignoring them.
  • -Will lose 50 points each round. (Poisonpowder)
  • -Dragoneot will lose 50HP each round. (Poisonpowder)

jsz2 has 10,000 points, 125 Cuteness Points, and 11 cards.

• -Has a Tentatortle with two single-use turn abilities: , 500HP
  •    -Water Gun(Expended)- Move a card back to the hand of whoever played it.
  •    -Water Gun(Expended)- Move a card back to the hand of whoever played it.
  • -Can spend 25 Cuteness Points to change some quantity on a just-played card by +1 or -1, once per round., 700HP
  • -Has 4 Gene-Bound Bunnies, each with the following properties: , 3HP
  •    -1 player loses 25 points at end of jsz2's turn.
  •    -1 more Bunny enters play at the start of jsz2's turn.

Humble-Knight has 8800 points and 5 cards.

• -Has a Slowfable with two single-use turn abilities: , 500HP
  •    -Water Gun(Ready)- Move a card back to the hand of whoever played it.
  •    -Charm(Ready)-Player may not target you with undesirable cards or other abilities for 1-3 rounds.
  • -Reduces all point loss directed at them by 100.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Alright!  I'm going to take Phantaskippy and BlueHairedMeerkat's turns in a row so in order to save on time.

Turn 1: Let's be Fwends!

First, my bunnies multiply.  I'm not sure whether the three bunnies made by the first bunny are affected by recursive engineering.  If they are, then I get 12 new bunnies.  If not, I get 6 new bunnies.

Now it's finally time for all of us to become

I use 25 more cuteness points to choose two players, rather than one player.  Recursive Engineering then takes effect, so I play Fwends three times.  The first time make me friends with Humble-Knight and Phantaskippy.  The second makes me friends with BlueHairedMeerkat and Silverleaf, and the third makes me friends with Ronway and Alex (if Pile on the Squid is still active).  

Now a water-gun bounces

back to whoever's hand the card came from.

(Wow.  Typing without using I,J,K, and L is harder than I expected.  Thank goodness for Humble-Knight's Slowfable.)

Incidentally, I should be loosing points for not talking in Iambic Ubbi Dubbi, but the point losses are convinently canceled by Ronway of Not Caring, so I'm not caring.

Now, my indeterminent number of bunnies deals an indeterminent amount of life loss to some of us, but it's all canceled by the Ronway of Not Caring, so I don't care.

Now we don't have any opponents, which would make the game a bit boring.  But I have a solution!

Turn 2:  Attack of the Platypodes

First off, all the bunnies make more bunnies.  We should now either have 64 or 24 bunnies, I'm not sure which.

Suddenly, a

Appears!

Only, because of recursive engineering, three platypodes appear!

Then our bunnies start attacking the platypodes.  I'll distribute the damage as evenly as possible, which is either 1,600 damage to each platypus or 225 damage to one platypus and 200 damage to the other two.

Also, we and the dragoneot loose points due to poisonpowder, but we don't care about that, either.

Also, I think we have a combined total of 64,254 points.

Also (again), I'm now very sorry I made you discard Just Assume I'm always doing that, Phantaskippy.  It would have worked well with Fwends to create a bunnysplosion,

BlueHairedMeerkat
Playtester

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

That was beautiful.

-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Go Team Not Platypodes!

Boo Duck Billed Egg laying Mammals!

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

jsz2 wrote:

First, my bunnies multiply.  I'm not sure whether the three bunnies made by the first bunny are affected by recursive engineering.  If they are, then I get 12 new bunnies.  If not, I get 6 new bunnies.

I think that since they weren't technically played, the copies aren't affected. So the original spawns 3, and the other 3 spawn 1. So there are 10 bunnies at this point.

jsz2 wrote:

...the third makes me friends with Ronway and Alex (if Pile on the Squid is still active).

Argh, totally forgot that PotS! should've gone away at the start of your turn! Let's just say it went away at the end of the round. Also, Humble-Knight's score should've been 8800, because he didn't care about the bunnies. Lemme just uptate that real quick...

jsz2 wrote:

First off, all the bunnies make more bunnies.  We should now either have 64 or 24 bunnies, I'm not sure which.

22, actually.

jsz2 wrote:

Then our bunnies start attacking the platypodes.  I'll distribute the damage as evenly as possible, which is either 1,600 damage to each platypus or 225 damage to one platypus and 200 damage to the other two.

Oh god, why do all your cards make so much work for me? indecision Um. So. Let's see. I'll need to expand the board...

...deal in 3 new hands( Only 5 cards left in the deck now, folks!)...

I think, to make this more interesting, I'll give Team Platypus a little bit of AI. Like, if the card does something bad, they won't play it on another platypus. Other than that, everything they do is random.

As for the bunnies, there are 22 now, so you can sic 7 of them on each platypus, plus one extra. So Platypus A loses 200 points and the other two lose 175.

Theeeen... at your turn's end, everybody's Pochimeras attempt to recharge their powers. The status is now:

• Weepinoom: Absorb is ready.
  • Dragoneot: Dragon Dance is ready.
  • Tentatortle: Both Water Guns are ready.
  • Slowfable: Charm is ready.

Whew! Next turn: Ronway!

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Ah, right. I was thinking of the first bunny as three bunnies, which added two to my calculation

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I don't know when I can act but I'm going to absorb a Platypus as soon as I'm able.

Pages