The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

absolute zero and wagner mars base

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
absolute zero and wagner mars base

Was looking at the picture of the Wagner Mars base in the store. Absolute Zero is going to be fun in here with his ice hazards. (cant remember the card name that brings them out). Depending on what is going on just run around and put them into key hallways that are single hexes and force the other team to have to walk through 2 or 3 spaces of ice and take damage.

speaking of which does anyone know what the maps will be made out of that are being sold individually? are they going to be actually game board tiles like they were in the core game or is it going to be something else

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

morph147

eh i am kinda worried about storage now with the poster maps.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

When I used to get some higher quality maps for Battletech I went and bought a shipping tube that would hold them, and that kept them safe.  It was kind of big and heavy, but it kept them in great shape.  It won't be convenient for carrying around, but it shouldn't be too bad.

It will be fun to have maps that totally revalue different abilities by their size and setup.  Wraith and Bunker might not be the most fond of those close quarters, but AZ and Proletariat are going to love it.

Also Turret Bot and Tornado, that will be sick.

morph147

phantaskippy out of curiousity how many maps were you able to fit savely in the shipping tubes or would i be better off buying one for each map

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I had a big one because I had big maps, so it had a 4 inch diameter inside, I fit about 10 maps in that one without them getting rolled too tight.  If they weren't as thick (mine were Really heavy) I could probably have done 25.  I would lay them flat and roll them together as one roll.

If they are shipped rolled they will probably come in a container that will work for storage.

The bad thing about rolled maps is you want to have nice weights for the corners, which is good for paper maps anyway, whether they curl or slide.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Where can I see images of the maps? I ordered them way back during the kickstarter, but I didn't know there were actual pictures floating around.

Edit:I just saw that you said the store. Derp.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

morph147

McBehrer wrote:

Where can I see images of the maps? I ordered them way back during the kickstarter, but I didn't know there were actual pictures floating around.

Go to the store. you cant see everything but a very small portion of the map but it does give you an idea of what you will be playing on.

itsshortstuff
Playtester

i actually just checked my kickstarter pledge response for tactics and saw that i ordered the add ons pack haha. well as if i wasn't already satisfied with tactics, i'm getting MOAR STUFF!

godzilla999666

I didn't even notice that the new maps were going to be poster mats. The store just saud new maps, which I assumed ment more map tiles.