The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

BGG!!

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dimmok
BGG!!

Don't know if any one else has posted this yet but BGG has had a few new review videos posted for SotM  ;D

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/9491/sentinels-of-the-multiverse/dice...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/9478/sentinels-of-the-multiverse/drak...

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We are also the #1 Hottest Game right now on BGG in the Hottness list on the left hand side of the page!  That is so incredibly cool.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Homebrew

Quote:
We are also the #1 Hottest Game right now on BGG in the Hottness list on the left hand side of the page!  That is so incredibly cool.

Congrats. You deserve it. The game is fun and the art is fantastic.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Maybe all this popularity will help further along the first expansion.  I can't wait to see what kind of new characters will come from it.  I'm also wondering what kind of name the expansions will have (hopefully nothing lame like "Expansion 1" or whatever).

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Shhhh, leaking some knowledge here!

The first expansion will be called "Sentinels of the Multiverse: AGAIN!"

It will include Baron Blade's Son, Citizen Dawn's sister, Grand Warlord Voss's second in command who took over after the defeat of Voss, and Omnitron's wife.

The Environments will be A Different Base on Mars, and "Primal Island", an island with prehistoric creatures and a volcano!

The Heroes are twins, joined at the hip, Named "Yin" and "Yan" who use their Dual Cartwheeling powers to fight crime!

Look forward to it!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I have my doubts.....

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

The Conscience
Playtester

Christopher wrote:
Shhhh, leaking some knowledge here!

The first expansion will be called "Sentinels of the Multiverse: AGAIN!"

It will include Baron Blade's Son, Citizen Dawn's sister, Grand Warlord Voss's second in command who took over after the defeat of Voss, and Omnitron's wife.

The Environments will be A Different Base on Mars, and "Primal Island", an island with prehistoric creatures and a volcano!

The Heroes are twins, joined at the hip, Named "Yin" and "Yan" who use their Dual Cartwheeling powers to fight crime!

Look forward to it!

Awesome I can't wait for this!!!!

The Myth, The Legend, The Dream. You can't escape The Conscience!

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spoilers!

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Christopher wrote:
Omnitron's wife.

Nice. What's her name, Betty Robot?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I should have said Omnitron's mom so I could call her "Momnitron".

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Well, it's not released yet, so you can make any changes you'd like during this prerelease stage, yes?

beevolant

I always think of Omnitron as being on the feminine end of the gender spectrum (since robots do not have biological sex, and it just seems feminine to me) so when I saw "Omnitron's wife" my first thought was "a lesbian robot!" :D

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

Omnitron is most assuredly an "it", but I think it would have its creator's voice, which was male. This obviously doesn't make it male, and its software could be changed to include a female voice should it find a reason to do so, but one voice is as good as another to it, and it would rather not have to communicate with humans at all.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'd like to believe that this is Omnitron's voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkyUMmNl4hk

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

I hear it like that, or Corey Burton's voice, or Kevin Spacey in Moon.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

A quick aside: Moon was fantastic.