The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Awesome fight

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Awesome fight

I love how this game lets you imagine what's happening in the fight while you are playing.

Last night I had perhaps the coolest game I've ever played. (right up there with Blade getting eaten by a T-Rex).

It was Ra, Expat, and Haka up against Plague Rat at Insula Primalis.

Due to certain circumstances, Ra and Expat both got ded, with Haka at 1 HP. Haka had all 3 dominions, Mere, and Ta Moko. the environment was 2 obsidian fields.

After the other 2 died, the fight devolved to Haka and Plague Rat just going at it, whaling on each other with no regard for their own safety. With Ra and Expat both giving Haka an extra power, he got to use Mere 3 times a round, so with that and the 3 dominions he was drawing about 7 cards a round. Whenever he got low on HP he'd just pop a Haka of Restoration, drop about 12 cards, and keep fighting. He'd Ground Pound every now and then, but it was mostly them just hitting each other repeatedly.

I imagine it as Haka going into a Berserker Fury after seeing his friends injured, and completely disregarding anything that wasn't directly related to making Plague Rat hurt as much as possible. Occasionally he'd get attacked by a T-Rex, but he just shrugged it off and let Ra take care of it.

It was pretty cool.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Riffian

The comic book that unfolds in your head is, from what I can tell so far, one of the more awesome things about this.
When playing Ra on Wagner Mars Base and the Staff of Ra comes into play, I imagine the Staff just appearing as a glint in the sky at first and then raising a red dust cloud as it smashes into a nearby rock formation.
And then Ra picks it up and kicks ass with it.

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Once, Megalopolis had out Police Backup and Cramped Quarters Combat. With all damage converted to melee, we liked to imagine there was just a couple of police stepping up to punch the Matriarch every so often. Best of all, they were the ones to deal the final blow! I always love it when the Environment finishes off a villain. It's a much funner story that way.

I make games! Here's one of them! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/626169

BoardGameGeek interviewed me about my contribution to Shattered Timelines, Kismet! http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/17671/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-shat...

msbq
msbq's picture

I LOVE THIS. A game I played just last night against The Organization ended pretty dramatically.

We had Haka, Fanatic, Ra, and Legacy. Legacy had started with Inspiring Presence, so that helped us get a good +2 damage rolling every turn with Galvanize. Then, Haka picks up Savage Mana pretty quickly, and starts swallowing up all the thugs he can get to. Our environment, Atlantis, was surprisingly docile for a few turns, but eventually started messing us up a bit more. We finally get the third underboss in the trash so we can start hitting The Chairman and BOOM Haka unleashes a good 20-24 damage on The Operative, bringing her down to 10 HP. The rest of us just wail on The Chairman a bit more and that's when our luck was golden.

The next environment turn, it played Pillars of Hercules (a card that lets us double our power, play, and draw phases if we allow the Villain deck to play another card on each Hero turn). I was controlling Legacy and there it was... Take Down. For one glorious turn, the Villain deck couldn't do a damn thing while we took two turns each (essentially). We smoked the Chairman and let the Kraken eat the Operative. MAN what a fun game that was. :)

"One for Wrath... and one for Ruin."

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

I've done the Take Down + Pillars of Hercules trick. It was glorious.
Later in that same fight, I had used Ground Pound, so they couldn't do damage, but with the Pillars and 2 informants out, there were lots of villain cards being played.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector