The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Big Geeky Box

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
BenjaminTodd
Big Geeky Box

I picked up the Smash Up "Big Geeky Box" yesterday.  It's very well done, with sturdy rows, thick plastic dividers between the decks, and foam blocks...Lots of foam blocks.  I'm not saying >G should put out something like that it for SotM.  I'm just saying that it's really pretty.  Or maybe I'm saying they should in a passive aggressive sort of way.

Make the box! :-)

Ben 

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm really hoping that's something they do once the cards are all out and available.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

cmschex
Playtester

I would absolutely love that (especially with space for the Oversized cards like the Vengeance box

Snail Shell

I disagree.  Here's why.

Gaming meetup a couple of weeks ago, the other guys were talking about how much stuff you get in the box with Terra Mystica and how heavy the box was.

WHUDD!!

I drop SotM on the table, getting intimidated looks from the other guys at my table, and 'what was that??' looks from other tables. 

Then I did the same with the second box.  :D

Needless to say, I explained to them what SotM was, why it was so dense and heavy, and then instructed a game where we proudly made Ambuscade cry uncle.

The stares of awe are WAY too much fun to pack this whole game into one box.  :)

"Now I'm where a snail has to be."
- John Linnell

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Before Vengeance came out, my Enhanced Edition box was competely packed. And that thing was already a pain to carry around... I honestly can't see 2 full boxes of that size being worth carrying around in a single box.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I now have a briefcase that's dedicated to the Enhanced Edition & Vengeance boxes. I'm trusting the word from GtG that everything for the card game will fit into those two boxes at the end of the story cycle.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Nope. Paul said that everything would fit in EE-style boxes. He didn't say TWO boxes...

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Everything out currently does not fit into the main SotM EE Box.   Depending upon how much is left I'm not sure if the EE box and the vengeance box will fit it all. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Everything currently out fits in EE + Vengeance, with enough room for WotC (probably, and if so just barely).

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

BenjaminTodd

I can picture the WotC expansion and maybe one more fitting into EE and Vengeance.  It would be tight.  Right now I have it split with Villians in Vengence and heros and evironments in the EE Box.  I still have space for the WotC expansion, though I'm not sure about beyond.

That said, I'd rather have just one box that holds everything.  I just prefer to have everything there.  Since I had the time, I carded up the Smash Up box with my SotM set.  I have every expansion released and all of the standard cards fit with a significant amount of space left over.  You can see it below.  Add an inch, maybe rotate the orientation of the box dividers and I think you could have a really good layout carrying the game.

Ben

http://www.scigasm.com/CardedUp.jpg

MarioFanaticXV
MarioFanaticXV's picture

Silverleaf wrote:

Nope. Paul said that everything would fit in EE-style boxes. He didn't say TWO boxes...

I'm pretty sure he did...

Although this was probably before Vengeance had that slot for oversized cards and accessories.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I'm sure I said that thing about two boxes. Paul contradicted me.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Silverleaf

That is true, I did!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Great. I've been made a liar out of. :(

Since the first of the year, I've consistently used the "fits in the EE and Vengeance boxes" line as one of my talking points, attributing it to Paul & Christopher. Sigh.

torian
Playtester

Not a liar; just mistaken. There is a  huge difference.

Renkenr

Now try fitting everything into the boxes after you sleeve your cards.

Had to remove part of the insert to the EE box and they still didn't fit. 1/4th of a millimeter over. RC/IR was perfect for holding sleeved cards. The Vengence box has a lot of space wasted on the oversized cards holder area, but holds sleeved cards perfectly in the normal card areas.

(side bar: yes. I sleeve. Having destroyed cards from use in CCGs because we didn't know any better in 1994 and now seeing those cards values... That's why I sleeve. If you don't sleeve that's your choice. I love SotM and I want to keep my cards around for a looong time. Glad it's not a CCG!)

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

The main cards we use are sleeved. We put the pre-Vengeance heroes in the EE box, the pre-Vengeance villains and environments in the RC/IR box, and the Vengeance stuff in it's own box, with all the oversized villain cards. People just have to remember to put the right lids on teh right boxes!

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

The old EE box may be a bit small, but can still fit the Mayday sleeves into them, at least the ones I have, but just barely. The newest EE box is the same size as the RC/IR box, they were both made at the same time when they did that large reprint.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe