The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Badges for Designers

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Badges for Designers

I am thinking it might be helpful to have badges for people that are helping GtG design things (e.g. Tactics, The Video Game, Spirit Island etc.). This might help give a little more authority to them when they are answering questions regarding their design.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Great idea! I've mostly sorted it out myself by now, but it would definitely have helped earlier.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

But jagarciao would no longer be the only non-playtester with a badge. Wouldn't that be sad?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

If a badge is made I'd like to see a designer badge unique to each game

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Agree.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I really like this idea. I'll see if we can make it happen.

Is Mr. Reuss on the forums? Can't recall if I've ever seen him here. I've also not seen Kevin Nunn, but we have Luther.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Ronway wrote:

But jagarciao would no longer be the only non-playtester with a badge. Wouldn't that be sad?

VERY sad!!! For the past few months I have finally felt like I AM somebody special... I can finally look at myself in the mirror with pride.

Please don't... dont take that from me...

*tear*

Actually, I think it's a great idea since often times when rules questions come up people want just want to hear an "official" answer. 

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

imprimis5 wrote:

I really like this idea. I'll see if we can make it happen.Is Mr. Reuss on the forums? Can't recall if I've ever seen him here. I've also not seen Kevin Nunn, but we have Luther.

I'm not sure if Kevin has an account or not, but even if he does, he's not much of a forumite. You guys are stuck with me.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Don't forget MigrantP, too. He's our resident designer for the video game.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector