The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Welcome to the Wrath of the Cosmos Preorder!

Christopher's picture

Greetings, Sentinels fans!

Welcome to the first update of the Wrath of the Cosmos preorder campaign!

What is Wrath of the Cosmos? I'm glad you asked! It's the upcoming expansion for Sentinels of the Multiverse, the cooperative comic book card game!

Sentinels of the Multiverse: Wrath of the Cosmos

So, here's how this campaign will work. For the next month, you can preorder Wrath of the Cosmos here. Every copy preordered increases the count displayed at the front page of SentinelsoftheMultiverse.com!

We will be posting regular updates with information about the game, the characters, and what's happening with the preorder campaign in general. You can subscribe to those updates here.

This preorder campaign is running from Tuesday, August 5th to Friday, September 5th at 5:00 Central Time. (ACTUALLY, IT'S OVER NOW!) The counter here will keep track of how many copies of Wrath of the Cosmos have been preordered. (The counter refreshes every 15-30 minutes, so don't worry if you don't see it update live. That said, feel free to check back in every so often to see where we are in the campaign!)
As we reach certain numbers on that counter, each preordered copy will include more and more free things! Here's a list of what you can get:

• UNLOCKED! 3 Wrath of the Cosmos Art Prints!
  • UNLOCKED! 100 copies preordered: 5 free promo cards: The Prime Wardens!
  • UNLOCKED! 500 copies preordered: 1 free environment mini-expansion: Omnitron-IV!
  • UNLOCKED! 1000 copies preordered: 1 free villain mini-expansion: Wager Master!
  • UNLOCKED! 1500 copies preordered: 1 free hero mini-expansion: Guise!
  • UNLOCKED! 3000 copies preordered: 1 free promo card: KNYFE!

The Cosmos are leaving their mark on the Multiverse! Do you have what it takes to save the earth from the impending annihilation?

Comments

got 2 and splitting the shipping with my roommate, so it's only about 5 bucks each.  Still expensive, but worth it.  I also would have liked to get it from my local guy, but the extras for free are too hard to resist. 

Are there gonna be addition rewards since we've gone well over the listed rewards?  Also do you know when you're gonna get the oversized villan cards back in stock?  My roommate has them but I really want my own set.  Hopefully either you guys or my local guy will get them in soon.

Not sure if it helps but this UK supplier has oversized villain cards in stock.

Not sure if they post worldwide or not though I'm afraid.

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/sentinels-of-the-multiverse--oversized-villian-cards-16116-p.asp

I cant wait to get this!  The bonuses so far look amazing!  I'm also looking foward to running into all yall at PAX Prime.

Dryden's picture

Wrath of the Cosmics is doing really well! Maybe you guys could please add The Super Scientific Tachyon to the rewards :)

If I preordered my copy of the new expansion after the goals are reached, do I still get the mini expansions or are they for the people who ordered early.

Ronway's picture

Yes, you will still get the promo cards and mini expanisions.

tthorn23's picture

Ticking ever closer to that 3,000 pre-order goal!  I hope the promo is Voss.  But, let's face it, I'd be happy regardless, cause I just love extra stuff for SotM!  

Wow!  That is the fastest time ever for me.  I hear about a game or expansion and bought it in less than 5 minutes.  

Boardgamegeek and their evil sidebar adverts, making me spend money. Muhahahahah

I saw a bunch of people complain about the shipping costs but at this point I don't think it is that bad. With how many pre-orders have been made, we are already getting the hero, villain, and envirnment which bought individually would cost $5. $5, and $4 respectively. I think this game is amazing so I have been buying all of the expansions. Paying $11 or $12 of shipping is actually saving me money. This is a great promotion if you plan to keep buying expansions. I don't know what the UK or Canada shipping is so please don't yell at me for not knowing how high it is. I am just saying that we are getting more than just the value of the expansion alone.

Three questions, and I apologize if these have been answered and I've simply not understood.

1. Will preordering Wrath of the Cosmos from Greater Than Games automatically get me the promotional items, or do I need to find a direct link to the kickstarter page? I'm happy to preorder, just don't want to be a sap who misses the promotinal stuff, and the order page isn't clear on this.

2. Will I get All the promotional stuff associated with Cosmos, or do I choose? How? I don't care as much about bonuses that can be bought separately, but I want the stuff I won't be able to get otherwise!

3. Have any of the previous promo cards been reprinted in a way I can buy the reprints directly, and where do I buy them?

MarioFanaticXV's picture

1. There is no Kickstarter, they're only taking direct preorders for this.

2. Yes, you get all the bonuses for preordering.

3. The only way to get previous promo cards (other than the secondhand market) is to attend conventions where GTG goes- they sometimes give some away. I'm not sure how exactly that works, but someone who's actually attended them can probably fill you in.

Or you can just get the images from BoardGameGeek and print them off yourself.

That cleared up all my questions, thanks so much! I do look forward to the day when professional quality versions of the cards previously available Only as promos will be sold as a pack, though that sadly will mark the end of the expansions (everything's a trade-off). In the meantime, thanks for the printable images. Wish I knew how to get the printable Backs of all those cards... but there's scan and photoshop and sites that have the back stats, so good enough.

Check out this directory: http://meromorph.com/tangent/random/Other%20Individuals%20-%20Recreated%.... It's not complete - it only has 11 of the 23 promos that have been released, but they seem to be higher quality than the images you'll find elsewhere (they look like they've been enlarged and cleaned up to make them more suited for printing). These image files are optimized for Printer Studios's Poker Cards (plain blank).

Or, use Artscow. Instructions and link is here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/15117342#15117342. This set has 20 of the 23 promos that were released, missing only Mad Bomber Baron Blade and Cosmitron (which are included in the Oversized Villain Card set) and Super Scientific Tachyon (which just came out).

Either method (Printer Studios or Artscow) will run you about $30 including shipping, but that'll get you two sets. You can't order just one due to minimum print order limitations.

If you want more assistance in setting up a Printer Studios order, shoot a gmail to my username.

Note: If GTG has any issues with this post, please delete it or ask me to. I am working under the impression that custom-printing their promotional cards (and helping others do it) is not against their policies. If it is, sorry! I just really love Sentinels and want to share the bits of it that people missed out on!

Who's ready for new promos? I know I am.

WOOT WOOT!

EnjoyRC's picture

If we live in St. Louis, can we pick up locally?

~DeLo

Hi there,

When i heard about this new exp I had to buy it and just make the order.

But i have a request for you guys if possible. The total cost (ship + game) was 59,90 U$, and for that i have to pay more 60% when i go get my game because it is more than 50,00 U$. And that is my request, you guys can take on the Cupon who comes with the game the total cost below 50,00 U$? If you can make that, i don't have to pay this 60% extra for the goverment here.

Thanks,

Powerhound_2000's picture

I would contact Jodie at warehouse@greaterthangames.com to see if anything can be arranged at all

Looks like the game reached 3,000 copies preordered and sits currently at 3,064.

Adding Super Scientific Tachyon to the pre-orders would definely be a very incentive. Right now shipping is more expensive than the game itself, and even with unlocked promos the value isn't there yet.

Super Scientific Tachyon would definitely add value to the pre-orders and justify shipping costs.

While it is possible that the promo will be SST it just doesn't seem likely. That promo was made specifically for the Video Game by Handelabra on SotM. Also based on the post announcing it, Chrisotpher talks about how that person is interested in the events going on with the Cosmos. While I would guess at a Voss promo it certainly is not the only option. Once the GtG folks get a chance we will know for sure soon.

While I understand their position, it is a bit disappointed because there is no way for me to get this promo: I can not go to conventions, and I cannot buy the video game as I own neither iOS nor Android device, and it is the only promo I am missing as of today.

I'm not complaining because I know it will be available widely some time in the future, but I think it would be nice for people that support their board games to have an opportunity to have the promo card.

You will eventually.   GtG has already stated that they'll release a pack with all the promos once they stop making new expansions and the SotM storyline is done.  

tthorn23's picture

Base Game:  $19.95

Free Environment Expansion (value $4.95)
Free Villain Expansion (value $4.95)
Free hero expanion (value ($4.95)
Free promo cards (value variable, but let's say $4)
Shipping:  $15.00 or more depending on country.  

So, 1 more single card promo would tip the scales for you?  It's already unlocked, >G just hasn't announced what the promo card is.  

Hello,

Shipping to my country is $30, so the value of additional promo does not cover them yet.

Not every single card promo would tip the scales for me, what would tip the scale would be to add the only promo I'm missing.

Cheers,

Jean-Philippe.

cwidje's picture

So, does anybody have any guesses as to when the promo will be announced?

Most of us have been guessing after PAX not right after, they probably need a day or two of rest, but we'll get our update hopefully just after the weekend.

Well, the shipping to BC was more than the game but decided the bonuses were worth it.

Hi,

I know this will not ship until December, but when in December? As I live in the UK, will I get it before Christmas? 

Cheers, Simon

Another question;

I am really interested in ordering this expansion, but I have just found out that my bank charges for overseas transactions. Is it possible to pay with PayPal instead?

xxsnotzombiexx's picture

Hello i was just wondering when the deadline is up for pre orders. is it Wed sept 3 11:59pm or thurs sept 4 11:59pm?

Just ignore my post the question I had was answered I just missed it when looking over the replies blush

I have seen where it has been asked several times before, but not answered.

Is there an option to pick up instead of shipping, if you live in or near the area?

Thank you in advance.

I was excited to maybe participate in the pre-order- but it turns the new $20 expansion into a $52 expansion.  Just can't do it...

tthorn23's picture

You are getting more than just a $20 expansion.  In addition to Wrath of the Cosmos you're also getting another new hero deck (Guise), a new villain deck (Wager Master) and a new environment deck (Omnitron IV)  plus promo cards.  

Hey everyone!

I just got the base game last week and have already ordered all the expansions. I love it!

It's the last day of the promo and we are almost to 4,000 pre-orders! Hey Greater Than Games, How about a 4,000 pre-order bonus for exceeding your expectations?!?!? (which we passed 1,000 orders ago)   : ) 

Mr_Prospector's picture

I was hoping like so many others that we would be getting a villian promo, but this K.N.I.F.E promo is pretty sweat. Can't wait for December!

EnjoyRC's picture

This has been asked numerous times without ANY responses.

GTG, can we pick up locally?  While at work, I'm only a few miles from you.  I can easily pick up "any day", "any time".  There is no way to avoid shipping costs in the check out process.

Please respond before the preorder special is over.

Craig's picture

I know it's a moot point, but I'm just now seeing it. Perhaps rather than tossing an important question about shipping to the ether of a post comment, a direct email to an oft-repeated address (warehouse@greaterthangames.com) might make it a bit more likely to be seen?

EnjoyRC's picture

Is it me, or is shipping really brutal on this?

Even within the US.

GtG doesn't get any discounts for shipping and based on what they've sent in the past FedEx has done the best for delivery.  What is getting charged for shipping is directly from FedEx.  While there could be cheaper options they don't work globally as well and don't have the same quality that GtG has gotten.  

With the exception of International shipping  the extras unlocked make up for the shipping costs easily.  Lastly, I'm pretty sure GtG is not allowing local pickup.  

I held off due to shipping costs ($11) but I finally placed my order. I think of this way... shipping should be about $6 for a flat rate USPS box, so all the extras cost me just $5. That's a bargain.

shadowagent's picture

Now that some time has passed... and deadlines draw near... Do you have a better grasp of the shipping dates for WotC?

I am just trying to see if I need to buy something else for an Xmas gift for a friend... or will this be delivered in time to be wrapped and under thier tree on the 24th?

Thanks!

As others have asked, just trying to get an idea of when this might ship?  Before christimas?  After?  Before New Year?  After?  Easter?

dpt's picture

According to the other blog, they hope to ship it by the end of the year:

https://greaterthangames.com/content/the-villain-infinitor-causes-shipping-delay

Pages