The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Universal Link [Conclave of Niphon] and recycling

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Universal Link [Conclave of Niphon] and recycling

Conclave of Niphon can install the Universal Link tech card on any ship in the sector. Let's suppose that they install it on Marot's Folly. Marot's Folly then installs Weapons Calibrator, which allows them to recycle a tech installed on the ship. I have a few questions related to this scenario:

When Marot's Folly recycles Universal Link, what happens? Does it get recycled into the Marot's Folly deck or the Conclave of Niphon deck?

If it goes into the Marot's Folly deck, what happens when they install it again? Does Conclave of Niphon still gain a weapon energy? What if it's in another sector? What if it's grounded? Resurrection!

If I forget to take the card out of the Marot's Folly deck at the end of the game and it gets installed in a subsequent game where Conclave of Niphon isn't present, does Conclave of Niphon start its next game with a bonus weapon energy?

Under3
Under3's picture
Playtester

Haha love that last question!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I want to say it goes back under Conclaves deck when recycled, but I am not totally confident in that answer.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Foote wrote:

I want to say it goes back under Conclaves deck when recycled, but I am not totally confident in that answer.

That's how I've been playing it. I think it makes the most sense, if only because it avoids complications. But it messes with an otherwise simple and consistent use of the word "recycle," so I'm not totally comfortable with it.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

cussack1980 wrote:
Don't you know guys that even recycling allures criminals?

Well the Chairman does dig thugs out of the trash so yes, we did know this.

Look Rabit, your being ill is useful, we have a spammer that only you can squash, defend us!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:

Look Rabit, your being ill is useful, we have a spammer that only you can squash, defend us!

cool

(I will say, it's nice to feel useful. smiley)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)