The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Changes to Awards - Forum Awards 2013 Feedback

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Changes to Awards - Forum Awards 2013 Feedback

As previously mentioned, we wanted to get some feedback on the awards, especially as this was our first time. This thread is dedicated to the award categories, themselves; we've created a separate thread for thoughts and feedback on the process, how we did things, and the rest of it.

The award categories we used this year were:

1. Inspiring Presence (Morale Booster) – The forum member who, through positive attitude and kind heart, did the most to make the Greater Than Games forums a positive experience over the past year
  2. Bolster Allies (Funniest) – The forum member who was best at making people laugh and providing humorous moments over the past year
  3. Truth Seeker (Lore Master) – The forum member who has done the best job answering questions (rules, facts, mythology, etc.) and otherwise providing useful and accurate information over the past year
  4. Harmony (Top Debater) – The forum member who is best at rationally debating positions (without turning it into a fight) over the past year
  5. Exceeded Expectations (Top Contributor) – The forum member who contributed to the Greater Than Games community with tools and/or accessories the most over the past year
  6. Bring What You Need (Top Wikier) – The forum member who contributed most to the Greater Than Games wikis over the past year
  7. Unique Capabilities (Top Artist) – The forum member who created the best/most Greater Than Games-related art or fanfic over the past year

What did you think of these award categories? What thoughts and suggestions do you have for future awards? How many do you think are appropriate? How many is too many?

Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The wiki one, though I love being a nominee and getting a badge, is kinda (at this time) only self serving. I was the only nominated, not because I'm the only one who does anything (there is great work done by others on there!) But because I'll always be babysitting it everyday, and don't want to be the only nominee time after time -simply cause it is my baby and I do spend a lot of time on it.

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That's a fair point. We could merge it with Exceeds Expectations?

Any other thoughts / suggestions?

Where are all those folks who had ideas when we announced it in the first place? wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Cursed Acolyte (Best Ronway)!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I suppose I deserved that...

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I just want villain awards.  Maybe the badges could get renamed each year to mean the same thing, but use different cards, so next year we could use villain card names and have Villainous Forum Awards.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

And the year after that, we can have the Enraged T-Rex award...

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

YES!  and then GSF themed awards, and then Tactics awards. . . it will be glorious!

Julia
Playtester

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Yeah, okay, I've changed my mind. I want that award, and I want that badge.

Semper ludens.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Julia wrote:

BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Awarded to the person who SHOUTED IN THE MOST INAPPROPRIATE PLACE?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Julia
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

Julia wrote:
 BlueHairedMeerkat wrote:

Awarded to the person who SHOUTED IN THE MOST INAPPROPRIATE PLACE?

I think we should settle that with a head wrestling match, the rexiest of all sports. All we need now is a venue and for someone to buy the broadcasting rights. I'd rub my hands in anticipation, but my arms are too short.

Semper ludens.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Putting this here so we think about it in the future (originally posted here):

phantaskippy wrote:

I also think some non-individual awards could go out, stuff like funniest thread of the year, best fanfiction and fanart of the year, etc. I think that could be fun to add.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Alright, so we currently have forumite awards of:

1. Inspiring Presence (Morale Booster) – The forum member who, through positive attitude and kind heart, did the most to make the Greater Than Games forums a positive experience over the past year
  2. Bolster Allies (Funniest) – The forum member who was best at making people laugh and providing humorous moments over the past year
  3. Truth Seeker (Lore Master) – The forum member who has done the best job answering questions (rules, facts, mythology, etc.) and otherwise providing useful and accurate information over the past year
  4. Harmony (Top Debater) – The forum member who is best at rationally debating positions (without turning it into a fight) over the past year
  5. Exceeded Expectations (Top Contributor) – The forum member who contributed to the Greater Than Games community with tools and/or accessories the most (including wiki contributions) over the past year
  6. Unique Capabilities (Top Artist) – The forum member who created the best/most Greater Than Games-related art or fanfic over the past year

And other awards of:

1. Funniest Thread of the Year
  2. Best Fan Fiction of the Year
  3. Best Fan Art of the Year

I tried to think of some other non-forumite awards, but haven't come up with any, yet. "Best Thread of the Year" seemed odd, as we'll all have different views on that kind of thing. Are there any other qualifiers and/or things that would make for interesting awards?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

How about things like best player aid, best forum activity, things like that.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

(Weird - I was sure I already responded to your post, phantaskippy. Wow. This week's been... special.)

I love the Best Player Aid idea!

We'd have to come up with a good definition of Best Forum Activity. For example, would that include PBF games? If not, we could also have a Best Play-By-Forum Game Idea/Theme.

Folks have any other suggestions? Thoughts on these?