The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Updated GSF website

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Karrde
Updated GSF website

Woot! The GSF website is updated! Finally! No more referencing the Kickstarter.

Looks like it still needs a bit of work (still using prototype card artwork, etc). Understandable as the GtG team has a lot happening right now.

http://galacticstrikeforce.com/

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I guess they felt that they needed to get 'er done now that actual people could actually be playing the game at home now.  Looks pretty good so far.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Yeah, there will definitely be some visual and content improvements over the next month or so, but at least we now have the preliminary stuff live!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

dragonlordged
dragonlordged's picture

This doesn't jive with the rulebook in my copy... I hope the updated rules show up online soon.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

What kind of discrepancies are you seeing, dragonlordged?

I did notice some of the art in the gameplay section is older and hand-drawn...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@dragonlordged

The actual physical rulebook is definitely correct! We will be looking at the GSF website carefully to find discrepancies, but if you see any and want to post them here, that would definitely be appreciated!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

dragonlordged
dragonlordged's picture

Once I get home from work and have both the gsf rulebook and a computer that can copy/paste better than my phone, I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime, page 4 talks about a track the flagship moves along before coming into play. I don't think my rules talk about this and I don't think my opposition panels have such a track. There was also a lot of stuff about a discard pile (rather than recycling).

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Yeah I see that looking over the website. Joel was working from an old copy of the rules - I'll get him updated copy asap.

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

So this seems a good place to ask. Since the game is selling does that mean Kickstarters will be getting them soon-ish? I'd love to hear the game should arrive "any day now" laugh

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We had a few copies that we flew from China to PAX East, and did Kickstarter pickups there. The rest are on a boat in the Pacific, and should arrive some time in mid May. 

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Paul wrote:

We had a few copies that we flew from China to PAX East, and did Kickstarter pickups there. The rest are on a boat in the Pacific, and should arrive some time in mid May. 

Yea, just reread the KS and found that out. Still thanks for the response. Now I just need to pretend it is May cheeky

Michael Vognild
Michael Vognild's picture

Paul-- thanks so much for updating the GSF website.

I can now confidently forward the link and not feel the need to add a disclaimer about the Kickstarter.  Great job!

Incidentally, I just joined your forums.  I hope you don't mind too much.

Vognild Prime, sometimes Space-Ship Manufacturer

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nice to see you, Michael. Welcome to the forums! laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I noticed 2 things about the webiste:

1) It calls the Opp "Bareg Threll Syndicate" but shouldn't it be "Bareg Threllian Syndicate"?

2) The icon in the tab is your website provider (evil rain drop), not GtG's

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Thanks!

I changed #1, and emailed Joel about #2!

If you see anything else strange or that needs updating about that site, please let me know!