The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Sidekick for iPad & iPhone & Android

321 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue Kae
Blue Kae's picture

Really looking forward to grabbing this when it becomes available on the Play store. smiley

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Hmm what's this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handelabra.sentinelssi...

Official announcement will drop tomorrow, but you know we love you guys =)

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Woohoo! laugh

Still going to work on a phone version or just sticking with the tablet? Also, any chance we can get it on the Amazon store in addition to Google Play? (The Kindle Fire doesn't do Play. frown)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Phone, Amazon, and official artwork are next up!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The official announcement is now up on our blog: http://handelabra.com/blog/2014/2/28/reaching-across-the-aisle

Sidekick is finally available for Android. Check it out on Google Play!

Please leave ratings and reviews if you like it, and let us know what you think here in the thread. If you have problems, please contact us directly.

RuneGrey

Looking good so far!

Glad to have the base sidekick available for android now.  My big question (besides 'WHEN DO WE GET PRETTY ART!?!' which is nice but not necessary) is when you'll be adding in support for the Vengence villains and heroes for the android version?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Vengeance support will be coming soon after those features. For us, artwork is necessary (not just nice) because it's a huge driver of sales; the app is much more appealing to buy when it has official artwork.

SSJ3Godzilla
Playtester

Is there a ballpark date for the Amazon appstore? I only have an Amazon tablet and an Android phone(s), so I'm still left out :(

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

No, but it's one of the next things we are working on. And once we submit it to Amazon, there is a review process that can take an unknown amount of time. So all we can say is "soon".

Kingofsouls

I have yet to see sidekick on the Amazon app store. It's still coming to amazon right?

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Yes, we are working on the next update that includes phone support. It will be available on Amazon, and we'll be sure to post here with the news.

Kingofsouls

Sweet. Can't wait for it

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

News! Sentinels Sidekick 1.1 for Android is now available in Google Play and has been submitted to the Amazon Appstore as well. And for fans in the UK and Australia, you can now buy Sidekick from Google Play, or wait for the Amazon version to become available worldwide.

This version adds support for Android phones back to version 2.3. Google Play tells me that we now support 5390 different devices!

We've also added a feature so you can randomize individual heroes, villains, environments, and target cards (handy for the Ennead).

Sidekick 1.1 was all about getting it out there to more people on more devices. In the next updates we are focusing on adding new features like official artwork, Vengeance support, effect tracking, and more. Let us know what you want to see!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yay! Looking forward to it.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Sidekick is now available from the Amazon Appstore for Android! Hooray! It's on sale until early next week so get it while it's hot =)

grim88

Is there a difference between buying it this way vs the Google Play Store?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Nope, it's the same app in both stores. The only difference is that some devices have access to one store and not the other (e.g. Kindle Fire HD) and it is available in more countries on the Amazon Appstore.

When we release updates the app will be updated in both stores at the same time. The update may sometimes appear in Google Play a little bit sooner because its review process is quicker than Amazon's.

grim88

ok, thanks. I'd like to get it, but not sure I want to add my credit card into to my tablet.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

You can buy it on your computer on Amazon.com, and then sign in with the same account in the Amazon Appstore app on your tablet, and download it. No need to enter your credit card into your tablet.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Lateralis is posting teasers and I'm jealous, so I'm posting one too. Coming soon to an Android device near you..

Attachments: 

KainNived

Beautiful. I look forward to it. Will the condition tracker be implemented?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Notes & effects are not in this update, but will be part of a future update.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Sidekick 1.2 for Android has been published to Google Play and Amazon, and will be available once it filters through their respective processes.

Here's what's new:

• Official Sentinels of the Multiverse® high resolution card artwork for all Enhanced Edition Heroes, Villains, Environments, and target cards.
  • Fixed a problem where the randomizer would not select promo villains.
  • Many other small bug fixes and improvements.
  We're already at work on other features including notes. Hope you guys enjoy the update =)

KainNived

The new update looks snazzy. But, of course I am going to ask why images for the expansions weren't included. What can I say the Omnitron-X and Nightmist are two of the most popular at my table.

Still looking forward to condition tracker being implemented. We've taken to using the tablet (Nexus 7) to track HP instead of the tokens, and would like to similarly do away with the condition tracker tokens.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

With Android we had a chance to re-organize the artwork packs in a way that makes more sense. On iOS it ended up a bit more of a mish mash because we built support for it bit by bit. On Android it will be more straightforward. Sidekick includes all Enhanced Edition artwork at high resolution, including target cards. The artwork for expansions will be available in a future update as downloadable art packs. So you'll be able to get the artwork just for the expansions you own. Those with only EE right now have a complete Sidekick experience on Android including high resolution and target cards, which would be a separate download on iOS.

grim88

We'll have to pay again for the expansion artwork?

Also, any idea when Vengeance will be added?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Artwork packs will be a paid upgrade, just like on iOS.

I can't give you a timeline on Vengeance, but we are continuing to work on it. The remaining two high priority items are effect tracking and Vengeance.

KainNived

Glad to hear it.  We like using it at my table.  I'll gladly throw some more cash at you for the art packs... but yeah effect tracking and vengence are much more important.  Thanks for all your hard work.  Look forward to using it.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

If anyone is still on the fence about getting Sentinels Sidekick for iOS, you can try a free demo out on our website now, via the magic of app.io!

http://sentinelsdigital.com/sentinels-sidekick-for-ios.html

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Android news! Version 1.3 is now available on Google Play and should be available from Amazon Appstore soon (there's a review process there).

This version adds more important features to continue bringing the Android version closer to the iOS version.

• Flip villains from front to back, automatically adjusting their HP where applicable.
  • Heroes and other character cards can now become incapacitated.
  • Keep text notes on any target card during gameplay for basic effect tracking.
  • Tap and hold to change HP continuously.
  • New settings to show all heroes in portrait (tablet only) and change the order of target cards.
  And before anyone asks: Vengeance is next!     A big thanks to our beta testers for continuing to help test the app! We couldn't do it without you.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

We made a blog post about the update, and here's a Nexus 7 screenshot!

Attachments: 

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Things dont look so good for the heroes in that screenshot.  :(

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Maia totally has it under control.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Visionary is probably destroying any Ongoing or Environment cards that need it. Legacy is reducing the Environment damage by 2, which only Oxygen Leak can out damage, which won't act until the start anyhow. Absolute Zero is giving Wraith an extra power usage, so with Razor Ordinance and a Micro-Targeting Comuter, she is now dealing 5 damage on his turn. Bunker is putting a Throat Jab ontop of The Wraith's deck every round, allowing her to always ensure the Blade can't deal damage. On the Wraith's turn she is using Infrared Eye Piece to make sure the Blade Battlalion, Powered Remote Turret, or Hasten Doom doesn't show up, while also Razor Ordinancing. The Wraith will win in two rounds.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:

Visionary is probably destroying any Ongoing or Environment cards that need it. Legacy is reducing the Environment damage by 2, which only Oxygen Leak can out damage, which won't act until the start anyhow. Absolute Zero is giving Wraith an extra power usage, so with Razor Ordinance and a Micro-Targeting Comuter, she is now dealing 5 damage on his turn. Bunker is putting a Throat Jab ontop of The Wraith's deck every round, allowing her to always ensure the Blade can't deal damage. On the Wraith's turn she is using Infrared Eye Piece to make sure the Blade Battlalion, Powered Remote Turret, or Hasten Doom doesn't show up, while also Razor Ordinancing. The Wraith will win in two rounds.

You scare me.

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

lynkfox wrote:

... You scare me.

That is the correct response.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Rabit wrote:

lynkfox wrote:
 ... You scare me.

That is the correct response.  

I agree, unless (H)=3, then he's weaksauce.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Nice one Ronway. I just added a feature to Mega Computer so you can start heroes out incapacitated. With that, you could try the scenario out!

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

OMG Sidekick update!

Android is now at version 1.4 and includes support for Vengeance - villains, heroes, and environments! Plus, it includes nemesis icons for all decks in the game & expansions.

iOS is now at version 2.3.2 - a tiny update that just contains The Super Scientific Tachyon promo card. 

Up next for Android is downloadable artwork packs. We'll have more details about those soon.

Later on, we'll be adding support for Wrath of the Cosmos and associated items of course. And iOS will be getting some more love; we've had some great feedback and suggestions from people and want to make those improvements. For now we're really focused on the video game, but we'll get back to Sidekick in time!

Attachments: 

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Looks good on my phone,  and can't wait for the Artwork update!!!

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

No one going to comment on the Super Scientific Tachyon artwork there? Did anyone even NOTICE?

But I did. I ALWAYS notice.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

jasoncepela

The Sidekick iOS app is great, thanks for all your hard work on this! 

Suggestion for next update: all landscape mode. 

My friends and I usually play with a single person doing all the HPs on the app, so we always use "all portrait mode". The issue we run into is that when we play several games in a row, the iPad ends up being turned on for > 5 hours, and eventually we want to plug it into power, which we can't do if it is standing in portrait mode. If the app would rotate to landscape mode, that would be awesome.

Thanks again!

GentaX

Love the ap as it makes everything go by much smoother. Forgive me if this question was answered (as I couldn't find it through searching) but is it possible to track the entire V5 through it? We noticed picking the v5 only allows one of the villians to be shown. Is there something we're missing?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Thanks!

@jasoncepela - interesting idea, we'll note it as a possible feature for a future update.

@GentaX - you can indeed track all of the V5. Once you've added one, tap on the villain to bring up the little popup menu, and choose Add.

Tegre
Tegre's picture

Any chance we'll see some cross platform tracking?  I've seen a few games pull this off.  Anything like that planned down the line?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

While the multipeer feature on iOS Sidekick was fun (and easy) to implement, it turns out that it doesn't see a whole lot of use. It would be a lot more work to do it on Android, and even more to do it cross-platform. If we don't see a huge demand for it, it's not going to be a priority for us, considering the cost.

Happy Thoughts

MigrantP wrote:

While the multipeer feature on iOS Sidekick was fun (and easy) to implement, it turns out that it doesn't see a whole lot of use.

I'll give a voice to the minority then. This was a feature that I and my friends didn't know we needed or even wanted until it existed. Now, if there are two iPads on hand we automatically use them both.

While it may not be worth the development time to expand to other platforms (and I can certainly understand that!), it's a VERY nice feature for those of us who have it already.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Thanks! We know it does get used, but it's just not a whole lot overall. Anecdotes are nice but I have data =)

Pages