The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Bigger Event Idea

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gnipp
Playtester
Bigger Event Idea

Just wanted to toss an idea out there and see what responses I get:

I was thinking of doing something that would require people at different tables.  This would of course require enough players, which I do not think will be a problem.  And it would mean enough decks which considering the amounts of heroes/villains/environments we currently have(in addition to the playtest materials I have ;D).

1.  I was thinking we start with all players in one room.  Each player picks their Hero via whatever system we decide on(random, choose, draw 2 keep 1, etc)
2.  From here the organizer(s) announce news reports of various bad deeds going on.  Something like:

• Plague Rat has been seen in the jungles of Insula Primalis[/*]
  • Energy readings have detected that an enormous amount of power is being drawn to the Pike Industrial Complex.  Something that could power a Terralunar Implosion Beam[/*]
  • Etc[/*]

3.  From there the heroes break up into whatever groups they choose and the are directed to the appropriate table.  From here the organizers will inform them that there has been some type of communications breakdown and that they may only contact the other tables once a turn in a note with 10 words or less.
4.  At the end of each environment turn players may send heroes to other tables.  Any player that moves takes all their cards with them and and they retain their current position(their hand stays the same, discard, cards in play, HP remains, etc) and they will be seated to go last in the hero turn.
5.  Obviously the goal is to take out all the villains.

It will be important to have all Villain turns start at the same time.  This way all messages and switches of heroes take place at the same time.

I know this might seem like rambling, but I think it could be fun.  Ideas?  Suggestions?  Questions?  Obvious things I'm missing?

beevolant

That could be really fun - there would need to be some way to ensure balance, like a limit of no more than 4 or 5 heros per table (so if you want Visionary, you need to send Tempest, or whatever). Otherwise, you could end up with three high damage heros (Ra, AZ, and Fanatic) demolishing Baron Blade and six heros taking on Citizen Dawn with less pressure which wouldn't be as fun.

"Crime doesn't keep the Sabbath"

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

What about if Absolute Zero has impale in play and then moves to a different table? Will it remain on that villian, discarded, or put back in hand?

Gnipp
Playtester

beevolant -  Good points.  I was thinking with each turn happening at the same time that if the heroes overloaded 1 area, the other one(s) would still be playing environment/villain turns and the victory condition that if all the heroes in that area were ko'd they would lose.

Ronway - Another good point.  I would rule anyone leaving a table would be required to bring all their cards, so if a card was attached to someone beside your Hero it would be placed in your discard.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

This really does sound like a good idea. If I could partake in it I would. Sadly the likely hood of me being anywhere near it while it is going down is slim. Unless everyone wants to take a roadtrip to Kansas.

Gnipp
Playtester

Well, I may try it out this weekend.  If I do I will post my results.  So if you come up with more ideas just post them here.

Singlog
Singlog's picture
Playtester

I smell a GenCon meet up event brewing...

Yeah this looks awesome! I think with a little more polish it could really turn into something awesome! What would be even cooler is if their was some sort of mastermind behind all the villain attacks that the remaining heroes had to team up against after the regular villains were defeated (if anyone has played ToonTown Online I'm thinking something like the VP battle). Maybe this is something >G could look into doing next year when they are (hopefully) not stressed with releasing a new expansion.

"Good men don't need rules. Now is not the day to find out why I have so many" - the Doctor

foxtrot2620
Playtester

Oh man ToonTown...it's been a long time since I heard that name. I poured way too much time into that game.

logan_mann

Singlog wrote:
Maybe this is something >G could look into doing next year when they are (hopefully) not stressed with releasing a new expansion.

I for one hope that next year they are still stressed with releasing a new expansion...need more sentinels!

Singlog
Singlog's picture
Playtester

Well I meant that they weren't stressed because they just released a new one!

"Good men don't need rules. Now is not the day to find out why I have so many" - the Doctor

msbq
msbq's picture

Gnipp, I really really like this idea. I would totally try something like this!

"One for Wrath... and one for Ruin."

Gnipp
Playtester

So, I didn't have a chance to test out yet, but soon....

So many games, so little time.  On a side note, I will be at GenCon and willing to do some side games at night if others are interested.