The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Wiki

469 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Inside of his own deck I love the base power.

Inventive preparation and his base power?  Awesome.

Vernal Sonata and his Base Power?  Awesome.

My negative reaction comes from Omnitron-X's power being so cheesy powerful vs. certain villains and situations, and now Adept gets to do that and put a hero card in play at the same time.

I know you could get a bad card, but there are a lot of decks that can take a DDA and know they aren't going to get burned, now you can do that with Adept too.

I'd just prefer it were limited to hero decks.

I've always hated power creep, and sometimes I think I am seeing it in this game.

Mostly I'm wrong, I hope I continue to be.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

5 cards, much longer set up time than just going from the get go, like the promo but super slow!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nemises chart page is updated and mini vengeance nemesis added to hero pages.

*cough* keep this thread for the wiki please, take the argent adept discussion to the thread in the rules forum about him :)

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Phantom5613 wrote:

Gah...Want to look...so...BAD...But I think I'll try to hold out for my copy to come in the mail...Though I don't think I'll make it. :/

...I fell off the Self-enforced wagon, guys. :(

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

heh

Updated the Reference page to have links to edit references pages directly.  Will make it easier to get to and add new information for less wiki savy folks.

Added Reference pages for all of the Vengeance stuff

Updated the Vengeance Release party page a little

Added Special mechanics rules for Setback, The Naturalist, and The Sentinels.

Updated Nemesis Chart.

Lynkfox.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

EDIT:  Apologies, Lynkfox, I posted before reading your request to not post.  Admins, please move this post to the appropriate thread.

phantaskippy wrote:
Adults that write fanfic are artists expressing themselves, and should be encouraged and respected.Especially when they write fanfic about superheroes from a card game.

Precisely.  And anyway I never said that teenagers shouldn't write fanfic, only that they shouldn't expect it to be taken seriously as real art.  By now it's pretty well confirmed that "Kvothe" is a real Sentinels character now, which depresses the fuck out of me.  It's not as bad as Darth Vader being in Soul Calibur, but it's close.  I thought >G had more artistic integrity than that.  At least I know he's doing it because he likes Rothfuss, rather than because Rothfuss paid him to do it; being a goober who lacks what I consider "standards" (or at least one standard) is more noble than being a sell-out, but I'm still bummed knowing that this crazy weird promo character exists, and would be fun to play, but is disappointing on a conceptual level.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Envisioner wrote:

phantaskippy wrote:
Adults that write fanfic are artists expressing themselves, and should be encouraged and respected.Especially when they write fanfic about superheroes from a card game.

Precisely.  And anyway I never said that teenagers shouldn't write fanfic, only that they shouldn't expect it to be taken seriously as real art.  By now it's pretty well confirmed that "Kvothe" is a real Sentinels character now, which depresses the fuck out of me.  It's not as bad as Darth Vader being in Soul Calibur, but it's close.  I thought >G had more artistic integrity than that.  At least I know he's doing it because he likes Rothfuss, rather than because Rothfuss paid him to do it; being a goober who lacks what I consider "standards" (or at least one standard) is more noble than being a sell-out, but I'm still bummed knowing that this crazy weird promo character exists, and would be fun to play, but is disappointing on a conceptual level.

With Christopher asking that it be taken down, it is quite possible that that is a custom promo, and not a final version they will release.

It is possible that the Argent Adept was influenced by the character, or maybe just similar enough that they made a card like that.

We won't know until we see a final version if that is where they are officially going with it.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

OK -- after a quick skim, I believe the following assertion to be true, but want somebody to check me:

I believe that Vengeance contains a nemesis card for every hero known to date, and a few others besides. These hint and, and possibly give names for, future heroes. (I didn't count carefully, but assuming the final two expansions have the standard two heroes each, we might have nemeses for every hero in the game.)

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

I personally think that it would be an awesome addition to the game.

It isn't like we haven't had cross-overs in the game before(Nightmist and the whole Archam Horror franchise), so I don't really see to much of a problem if that particular promo turns out to be official or not.

cmschex
Playtester

jffdougan wrote:

OK -- after a quick skim, I believe the following assertion to be true, but want somebody to check me:I believe that Vengeance contains a nemesis card for every hero known to date, and a few others besides. These hint and, and possibly give names for, future heroes. (I didn't count carefully, but assuming the final two expansions have the standard two heroes each, we might have nemeses for every hero in the game.)

This is true for the nemeses - between the V% and the nemeses in their decks, there is one for each existing hero + 3 additional heores who have not yet shown up.  That's 26 hero decks.

If we are assuming that the heroes who don't have unique nemesis decks (outside of the V5 format) will get them, then the current heroes without nemeses are: AbZero, Bunker, Unity, Scholar,KNYFE, The Naturalist.  Assumign the two heroes in the next expansion get their nemeses in that one, then we would have two additional nemeses for the above group (I'm betting on the Naturalist for one based on card art).  We would still have 4 heroes needing a unique nemesis, which would still leave us short with another normal sized expansion.  If Fight Train and Prole and supposed to be the main nemeses of Bunker and AbZero, then the numbers work out.

There could still be mini-expansions or a different size expansion.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Battle in Megalopolis? Which room was that in? I completely missed it. Damn my need to film everything and not pay attention! I only saw that promo card BECAUSE I was filming something! I saw the forest, but not the trees!

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

cmschex wrote:

jffdougan wrote:
OK -- after a quick skim, I believe the following assertion to be true, but want somebody to check me:I believe that Vengeance contains a nemesis card for every hero known to date, and a few others besides. These hint and, and possibly give names for, future heroes. (I didn't count carefully, but assuming the final two expansions have the standard two heroes each, we might have nemeses for every hero in the game.)

This is true for the nemeses - between the V% and the nemeses in their decks, there is one for each existing hero + 3 additional heores who have not yet shown up.  That's 26 hero decks. If we are assuming that the heroes who don't have unique nemesis decks (outside of the V5 format) will get them, then the current heroes without nemeses are: AbZero, Bunker, Unity, Scholar,KNYFE, The Naturalist.  Assumign the two heroes in the next expansion get their nemeses in that one, then we would have two additional nemeses for the above group (I'm betting on the Naturalist for one based on card art).  We would still have 4 heroes needing a unique nemesis, which would still leave us short with another normal sized expansion.  If Fight Train and Prole and supposed to be the main nemeses of Bunker and AbZero, then the numbers work out. There could still be mini-expansions or a different size expansion.

One of those 3 new hero names will be a mini-expansion hero during the Cosmos cycle most likely. In my estimation, that mini-expansion hero will turn out to be the little girl from Blighted Streets and Vigilance. Tons of supporting evidence for that one once you break into your Vengeance cards. 

Bunker and AZ will get true nemesis fights. Most likely in Cosmos to be honest. I had always thought this expansion would be a space/tech theme, having Bunker, AZ, KNYFE, and Unity get big bads in that expo seems appropriate. This would leave our 2 new heros from Comso, Naturalist, and Scholar to have big bads in the final expansion who will be joined by the ultimate big bad. 

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

jffdougan wrote:

OK -- after a quick skim, I believe the following assertion to be true, but want somebody to check me:I believe that Vengeance contains a nemesis card for every hero known to date

Not the Scholar, unless there's something I don't know.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Envisioner wrote:

jffdougan wrote:
OK -- after a quick skim, I believe the following assertion to be true, but want somebody to check me:I believe that Vengeance contains a nemesis card for every hero known to date

Not the Scholar, unless there's something I don't know.

There are many things you don't know. Scholar has the most interesting one in my opinion (from a narrative sense)

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

this might help

http://sotm.wikidot.com/nemesis-chart

Yes, Vengeance does have a nemesis for all known heroes +3 more. Currenly without 'Main' Nemesis (I'm not counting the V5 as main yet) is AZ, Bunker, KNYFE, The Naturalist, Nightmist, The Scholar, Unity, and of course the 3 names we just found out.

That makes 10 villains that still need to be released. If we consider that Vengeance may have been (MAY) the halfway point, that turns 3 expansions + 1 more mega expansion. That will be likely 12+5? 17+ villains? 11+ Heroes as well though. I have no idea how this is going to work out. You guys do the math it hurts my head.

Lynkfox.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

lynkfox wrote:

Currenly without 'Main' Nemesis (I'm not counting the V5 as main yet) is AZ, Bunker, KNYFE, The Naturalist, Nightmist, The Scholar, Unity, and of course the 3 names we just found out. 

Ouch, poor GloomWeaver.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

lynkfox wrote:

If we consider that Vengeance may have been (MAY) the halfway point, that turns 3 expansions + 1 more mega expansion.

There's only supposed to be one more non-mega expansion, unless they've changed their plans.  (Which I kinda hope they haven't, as it would delay my access to the promo pack they won't publish until they're completely done.)

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

being a goober who lacks what I consider "standards"

Hey, Envisioner. I've got plenty of standards. Sorry you're disappointed.

Not really sorry.

Though, yeah, I'm most likely a goober. Anyone who was here this weekend can probably confirm that.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Christopher wrote:

Though, yeah, I'm most likely a goober. Anyone who was here this weekend can probably confirm that.

I will confirm that, and I wasn't even there this weekend!

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Someone care to translate "goober" for an English person? I've never heard that one. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:

Can confirm--I may have acquired a flash drive full of footage of Christopher being a goober. Will be uploading said footage very soon.

Anna: "Goober" = silly person

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Have you not studied your enemy?

Goober can be defined as a person from the south-eastern US, especially Georgia or Arkansas

but I'm more inclined to believe that it was referring to a kindhearted, rather oblivious goofball

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Silverleaf wrote:

Someone care to translate "goober" for an English person? I've never heard that one. 

A "goober" is a peanut.

Colloquially calling someone a goober is saying that they have the intelligance of a peanut. Its similar to Chinese people calling idiots potatos in slang.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Christopher wrote:

Meh, I'm the one that spilled two drinks at once.

But yeah, I have a feeling many of us are "goobers".

evandan55 wrote:

Can confirm--I may have acquired a flash drive full of footage of Christopher being a goober. Will be uploading said footage very soon.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Foote wrote:
Silverleaf wrote:

A "goober" is a peanut.Colloquially calling someone a goober is saying that they have the intelligance of a peanut. Its similar to Chinese people calling idiots potatos in slang.

Know what's irritating? I knew that. I immediately thought "peanut" and then decided I was wrong and that my brain had made one of those stupid connections that make no sense. And not realising that peanut could be used as an insult, I thought goober had to mean something else.

Not trusting my own brain when it's correct makes me a goober, right? ;)

Best food-based idiot word has to be my dad's. I don't know if it's exclusive to the little mining village he grew up in, but I've only ever heard it from his family - duck egg. As in, "Christopher? He's a right duck egg," - right in this case meaning real, or proper. 

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

cmschex
Playtester

Foote wrote:

One of those 3 new hero names will be a mini-expansion hero during the Cosmos cycle most likely. In my estimation, that mini-expansion hero will turn out to be the little girl from Blighted Streets and Vigilance. Tons of supporting evidence for that one once you break into your Vengeance cards. Bunker and AZ will get true nemesis fights. Most likely in Cosmos to be honest. I had always thought this expansion would be a space/tech theme, having Bunker, AZ, KNYFE, and Unity get big bads in that expo seems appropriate. This would leave our 2 new heros from Comso, Naturalist, and Scholar to have big bads in the final expansion who will be joined by the ultimate big bad. 

Back on topic, I agree out the mini-expansion, but think it very likely that at least one if not both of the WotC heroes will get their presumedly cosmic nemeses in the same expansion and the Naturalist's presumed nemesis has at least one appearence in a cosmic series (and looks alien-ish).  I certainly hope AZ and Bunker get their true nemeses, however it happens.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:

being a goober who lacks what I consider "standards"

Hey, Envisioner. I've got plenty of standards. Sorry you're disappointed.Not really sorry.Though, yeah, I'm most likely a goober. Anyone who was here this weekend can probably confirm that.

I'm a Goofy Goober, YEAH!

You're a Goofy Goober, YEAH!

We're Goofy Goobers, YEAH!

GOOFY GOOFY GOOBER GOOBER, YEAH!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

cmschex wrote:

Back on topic, I agree out the mini-expansion, but think it very likely that at least one if not both of the WotC heroes will get their presumedly cosmic nemeses in the same expansion and the Naturalist's presumed nemesis has at least one appearence in a cosmic series (and looks alien-ish).  I certainly hope AZ and Bunker get their true nemeses, however it happens.

*Vengeance Spoilers*

There is no reason to think Bunker and AZ wont get true nemmys at all. It is pretty much a given it will happen. A spacey-techy expansion seems a fantastic place to put them. Knyfe and Unity just seemed to fit from a theme point of view, but I could see Sky and Naturalist be in that slot as well. KNYFE may very well be saved for the final expansion since it will most likely tie up the FILTER story, and Unity/Scholar could easily be interchanged.

Edit:The thing with Naturalist's nemmy is that the shadow on his incap bears a STRONG resemblance to Thor in both color pallete and costume. I have outlined connections to Norse Mythology to Matriarch and the Cosmic Entity, so my money is on that nemmy being in the final expansion.

But there is a bigger question.

Even if the nemmy/hero combos dont work out like I predicted, they are still all accounted for (minus mini-expansions). 4 villains in Cosmos and 4 in the final expansion plus the cosmic entity. AZ,Bunker,KNYFE,Unity / Naturalist,Capt,Sky,Scholar are it. 

So...if you see where I am going with this...will there even be more hero decks in the final mega expansion? With all the nemmy combos accounted for, unless the mega expansion plans to add more than 5 villains (which is where the math works out to), whats left?

If the final mega expansion is the "ultimate showdown", wouldn't some of the universes Villains have a bit of a stake here as well? If the universe goes boom, so do they. Could some Villains see hero deck alternatives?! You could keep the nemmy symbols the same. Matriarch instantly jumps out as a solid candidate for a hero deck based on her back story, the themes her deck deals with (as noted in my big Matriarch thread), sly comments from Christopher, and some art found in Parse's deck. How about Ambuscade? If there is any big hunting game in town bigger than Haka, it would be the cosmic entity right?  He doesnt hunt heros because of some vendetta, its because he just simply enjoys hunting powerful things. What about Baron Blade? The Lex to Legacy's Superman. Those two DC characters have had to team up on countless occasions to address bigger threats, might this be the time to set aside differences?

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Been cleaning up the http://sotm.wikidot.com/character-references page today. 

Look at Naturalists deck for Indomitable force for what I think is his nemsis, based on the sillouhette on his incap side. Not very Thor-y or norse-y to me, more alien.

Lynkfox.

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

The final expansion could also be a sort of "next generation" thing.  that way, they could have new decks and takes on characters as their sidekicks take over, someone new stepping into the shoes of a deceased mentor or even someone completely new who inherits a nemesis.  Or both!

For instance, Thiago could become Legacy, but his nemesis symbol would be the Chairman/operative. Or he could become Mr Fixer's apprentice (and thus the symbol would inherit).  

Expatriette could gain powers to rival Dawn...and that that point, would she even play the same?  you could make an ENTIRE new deck based around an Expatriette who was manipulating death energy (Since Dawn manipulates life force/energy) with the tactical insights and training she learned as a merc.  same symbol, entirely different character playstyle.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

lynkfox wrote:

Been cleaning up the http://sotm.wikidot.com/character-references page today.  Look at Naturalists deck for Indomitable force for what I think is his nemsis, based on the sillouhette on his incap side. Not very Thor-y or norse-y to me, more alien.

Red cape. Blue chest with silver circles on breast. Yellow head. Yes he is an alien, but the I think the resemblance is there

cmschex
Playtester

Ambuscade and Matriarch would make sense.  I would also think Dawn could easily be transformed into a hero deck.  Any of the non-IL Shattered Timelines villains could be written that way too, I would think

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Uneasy Alliances would make a great theme for the final expansion.  

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Foote wrote:

lynkfox wrote:
Been cleaning up the http://sotm.wikidot.com/character-references page today.  Look at Naturalists deck for Indomitable force for what I think is his nemsis, based on the sillouhette on his incap side. Not very Thor-y or norse-y to me, more alien.

Red cape. Blue chest with silver circles on breast. Yellow head. Yes he is an alien, but the I think the resemblance is there

eh? Yes, but those are typical alien villain colors/effects in comics anyways, not just Norse. I can see the connection, but think its rather dubious.

Lynkfox.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wiki Update 

http://sotm.wikidot.com/character-references

Page is finished. All the current decks are posted there. If you see something I missed or have wrong or didn't have the answer too, feel free to update.

My favorite are these 3 multiple appearing unknowns

Lynkfox.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

lynkfox wrote:

Electric guy with Lightning Bolt, Setback's High Risk Behavior and Plucky Break, Omnitron-X Reset 

The guy on Reset is *not* the electric guy you are thinking of. Looks more like Tempest charging an attack while Legacy holds Voss off.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I disagree. But the sillouhette is not clear enough to determine one way or the other in my opinion. 

Lynkfox.

broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester

Foote wrote:

lynkfox wrote:
Electric guy with Lightning Bolt, Setback's High Risk Behavior and Plucky Break, Omnitron-X Reset 

The guy on Reset is *not* the electric guy you are thinking of. Looks more like Tempest charging an attack while Legacy holds Voss off.

Arguable, but I'm going to agree with Foote on this one.  In all the other pics of the electric guy, his chest and belt are very clearly "lit up", and on Reset, it appears that the glow is emanating only from his hand.  Again, arguable though.

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Who do we think the Neo-Elf villain's nemesis will be? I was thinking she'd be Sky's nemesis, though I don't have any grounds for that--just that they're both aliens, and that the Sulph-Orc lookalike is most likely Naturalist's nemesis.

What about Guise? We need to account for him too, right? Would his nemesis just be a mini-expansion?

Team Fancy had a very long discussion about how the Matriarch will come into play in the end, and here's my take on her: she is, in fact, the "vessel" for the cosmic being. CosBe needs Lillian for some particular reason in order to gain full power. "The child is the center." So Matriarch is very, very important. However, I don't see her receiving her own separate hero deck. Rather, I think Lillian will be a card in CosBe's deck, and directly influence CosBe's flip mechanic. Maybe CosBe possesses her. Who knows. But I think rather than be her own hero, she'll play a major role in CosBe's deck.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Who's Sky? One of the mini-nemesis guys from a Vengeance deck? I don't recall coming across him/her yet (but I've only fought the Vengeance Five about three times so probably haven't seen all their cards yet ;)).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

hahah. Im so glad you called him a Sulph-Orc too. I said that to Adam this weekend and he gave me his patentend Artist smile and 'I dont know what you mean' line :p

Lynkfox.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Ameena wrote:

Who's Sky? 

Sky-Scraper = Thorathian girl

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

evandan55 wrote:

I was thinking she'd be Sky's nemesis, though I don't have any grounds for that--just that they're both aliens

Are you sure Sky-Scrapper is an alien? I personally think that she may have been human that had her DNA spliced with Thorathian DNA. Take a gander at Blighted Streets and her side by side.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

Are you sure Sky-Scrapper is an alien? I personally think that she may have been human that had her DNA spliced with Thorathian DNA. Take a gander at Blighted Streets and her side by side.

Since you asked, I'm not sure, but that never really crossed my mind. I'll go look at the card right now.

EDIT: Which one? Young girl or older woman? I don't see a striking resemblance between either.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

evandan55 wrote:

Ronway wrote:

Since you asked, I'm not sure, but that never really crossed my mind. I'll go look at the card right now.EDIT: Which one? Young girl or older woman? I don't see a striking resemblance between either.

The little girl, they both have a strand of hair going over the face. And Christopher said the little girl on Blighted Streets will be returning in a significant way. What's more significant than a giant woman with Thorathian DNA?

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

The little girl, they both have a strand of hair going over the face. And Christopher said the little girl on Blighted Streets will be returning in a significant way. What's more significant than a giant woman with Thorathian DNA?

Huh. Fair enough. I see your thoughts, and I give you a "it could be true."

Could it be possible that the young girl is "The Center", rather than the Matriarch like we've been speculating on other topics? Because really, who would take a young girl and just decide "You know what? She could use some alien DNA."

But I'm not dismissing your thoughts.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

If someone accurately guesses who the little girl on Blighted Streets is in the next five posts, I will verify the accuracy of your guess.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Guise

Edit: Back to the drawing board on that theory.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Nope! (This does not count as one of the five posts.)

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Only four left? Hang on guys, don't waste these guesses. Let's discuss things before we submit our answers for approval. Don't jump the gun. We can't let this opportunity go by.

EDIT: We need to discuss things in another thread so we don't lose guesses! Meet me somewhere else!

And fine! She is "The Center!"

Pages