The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of the Multiverse fan art!

615 posts / 0 new
Last post
JamminGamer
JamminGamer's picture

Some of the art on here is amazing :D Keep producing this stuff guys :)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Vyolynce wrote:

Ronway wrote:
It's fairly  interesting that the one female is a Male hero

Unless she's really Young Legacy.

It's Finest Legacy, Young Legacy wear a skirt.

JamminGamer
JamminGamer's picture

Well seeing as I was there for the drawing of these I can confirm that that is just the normal Legacy but a female was playing as them so the artist just made a female Legacy version for that card :D same as how the Unity one is male because I was playing as them.

ZedSoup
ZedSoup's picture

Screw it, I'm joining this thing too. (Bobby from the aforementioned art) Jeez some of the art on here really is good. Long live SotM!

A fanatic of Fanatic and gets misty eyed over Nightmist.

Potsticker
Potsticker's picture

Thought you guys might be amused by some of the doodles I did that my gaming group found funny. http://i.imgur.com/1e7mEL8.jpg At some point I started giving Tempest a tail, but otherwise I have no regrets. devil

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

your tempest reminds me of the Asari... o.o

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Potsticker
Potsticker's picture

Really? I thought it looked even more like those one Star Wars aliens. I think it's the thicker head tentacles.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

twi'lek only have 1 (if female) or two (if male) head tentacles :p

so... yeah. I'm a geek.

Lynkfox.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Board game forum. We're all geeks here.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

twi'lek only have 1 (if female) or two (if male) head tentacles :p

Oola, the two-tentacled Twi'lek dancer at Jabba's palace begs to differ.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Aayla Secura had two as well.

Zalrus9
Zalrus9's picture

I think what you guys are talking about are the Nautolan (that alien race what Kit Fisto was).... 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nautolan

Not exactly canon to the series, but that looks very similar to the pictures of Tempest above...

"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist."

David Cronenberg

Potsticker
Potsticker's picture

Zalrus9 wrote:

I think what you guys are talking about are the Nautolan (that alien race what Kit Fisto was)....  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/NautolanNot exactly canon to the series, but that looks very similar to the pictures of Tempest above...

Not canon? Wasn't Kit-Fisto in the prequel movies?

Also, yes I was talking about those guys at not Twileks.

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Some people don't consider the prequels canon.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

I'm among those. They're George Lucas' fanfics.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

For the record, Lynkfox was correct but typed it backwards - the highest order canon currently available is that male Twi-lek's have one Lekku, females two.  Some other sources just say it varies individual by individual; all of this is an effort to explain why Bib Fortuna, who wasn't even originally meant to be the same race as the dancer in Jabba's palace, had one long Lekku.  No, I did not have to look any of that up.

... erm, anyway, my group has always referred to the Maernians as Boy Asari.  The head shape and color matches better*, plus they're absurdly long-lived races of hypocritical peace advocates with superpowers.  Mass Effect would be an odd experience for Tempest - for his sake, let's hope that Bunker never introduces him to retro video games.

Ironic

* Okay, fine, Twi-leks come in a wide range of colors, but the famous ones are rich blue, not slightly green.  Asari also have a range, but it's narrowed and does skew a little green in many cases.

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

okay. So im not as much as a geek as i thought.  i could have /sworn/ all my memories of twi'leks had it the other way;...... but now that im thinking about it, no... the one in Jabba's Palace with the green skin has 1... and the companion in SWTOR has 2... hm. i just must be crazy :P

and the only truely 'green' asari is the one that was absorbed by the Thorian. If you save her she mentions that is her medical condition aftereffects of being part of the Thorian. All others are ranges of blue id say, but it might also be my own color sense (its off)

and i never considered the Asari peace advocates. I mean. Commandos. :P

(okay i think weve derailed this thread long enough... if you want to continue it, someone make a post in the Off Topic forum)

Lynkfox.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

the one in Jabba's Palace with the green skin has 1

Take just one more look at that pic I linked to for Oola...

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

Is there a better thread for this discussion other than the Fan Art thread?

DevraCaspit
DevraCaspit's picture

I'm not too good at drawing, but I've doodled some SotM art in my free time. I'm not sure about sharing it though, it's pretty awful. 

It's supposed to eventually be me (as in REAL me) along with the characters I usually play. I only really ever play Unity and Fanatic (occasionally!). I'm not the best at digital art, and as you can see, faces are hard. So it remains unfinished.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Love the image of Unity sitting on Champion Bot's shoulders. I like to image she does that all the time and makes them carry her around.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Kingofsouls

Speaking of Unity....

Drew her last night. I got some the the mini expansions and am impatently waiting for the base expansion.

link: http://kingofsouls.deviantart.com/art/Sentinels-of-the-Multiverse-Unity-377632365

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.

Kingofsouls

Pardon the double post, but this topic needs some lifeblood into it.

http://fav.me/d6flwd7

Programming is like Life: Complicated and too many rules.

tyquaius
Playtester

I am curious. What are some of the techniques that people here use in photoshop to draw their fan art?

Spiff
Spiff's picture

One of the best techniques I've found for coloring in art like this is to have the black and white outlines on one layer in Photoshop, then make a second layer above it which has the layer type changed to "multiply" for the color.  Color on a "multiply" layer won't show over black, so you can color in your art without worrying about the color going over and blocking out any of your black outlines.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Adam wrote:

Holy. Crap. Community win. That's amazing and hilarious.

What is this Community thing you guys are talking about?

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Envisioner wrote:

Adam wrote:
Holy. Crap. Community win. That's amazing and hilarious.

What is this Community thing you guys are talking about?

Community is a TV show. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_(TV_series)

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Alex, your ramblings about the physics of Time and Relative Dimensions in Sentinels are magnificent.  Would love to hear more, and I like the image of a ship with rings on the bottom.  If I ever become an industry mogul, hit me up about a writer-and-artist job.

The person who did the alternate Haka and Absolute Zero is also awesome.  I like the outline drawing of Wraith as well, though it's from a professional so I have higher expectations in the first place and it doesn't seem quite as impressive (perhaps unfair of me - but then, the AZ and Haka pictures are in color, so maybe I'm being even more unfair than that).

Ironic wrote:
Mass Effect would be an odd experience for Tempest - for his sake, let's hope that Bunker never introduces him to retro video games.

Mass effect is "retro"?  It's a hell of a lot newer than anything I've played.  My definition of a "retro" video game is Super Mario Brothers.

Adam wrote:
I'm among those. They're George Lucas' fanfics.

So, you're invoking Death of the Author here?  :D

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"

El_Theo
El_Theo's picture

Hello,

I'm a french fan of SOTM so I did those fanarts. Hope you'll like them.  :o)

my gallery > http://el.theo.free.fr/index.php?categorie1/blog
May contain almost NSFW, like boobs and stuff. Browse with caution.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Those are awesome, just make Tachyon and then you've got all the Freedom Five.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I agree.  Very, very nice.  

Wraith just gained a ton of fanboys.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

I think wraith put her belt on upside down... it even happens to the best of us. :)

Very nice work though. I really love the personalized touches you gave to all the characters. 

You NEED to do Redeemer Fanatic :)

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

That Bunker art though... Wow. Blown away.

And yes, as a Tachyon lover, I'd also love to see your version of her!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Wow, those pics are epic - now do all the other characters as well ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Not a fan of Wraith's costume, or Legacy's chin, but Bunker is fantastic.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yeah, great job! Thanks for sharing these!

The quality on these is awesome, and the personalizations you've put on them are very interesting. I'm a little confused by AZ's, as he looks like a robot instead of a guy in a suit, but that's okay - it still looks very cool (and maybe he's from an alternate 'verse where Ryan lost his extremities... wink

While I love the quality and content of these, I do not like Wraith's costume. In fact, it actually annoys me - no offense intended, as it's my issue, not yours. One of the things I like about SotM is that the woman are actually wearing clothes. It drives me crazy how, in most comics, we generally have men fully clothed but woman are virtually naked, and this is another example of that.

Check out Grappling Hook for an example of what her outfit should look like. If it had been done like that, I'd be completely in love with this collection. smiley

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Drakossozh

WOW. Just, WOW. Crazy. More please!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I think they're fantastic.  Wonderful work.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I hadn't actually looked closely enough at Wraith...and yeah...actually...I'm not a fan of the "all women are practically naked and have big tits" thing that gets thrown around a lot. Maia's costume has a lot more full-body coverage than that. Still, I do still like the style if not the content of that particular pic.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Not to mention, given how athletic she is, her... *ahem* assets are bound to be a bit smaller, as they ARE primarily fat-based.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Not saying this artwork isn't amazing, but yeah, that Wraith costume should be showing less skin. That's not how we do things around here!

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

And her belt buckle should be turned around...

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

The Absolute Zero is really fascinating, though!  Like if Johann Kraus stole Atomic Robo's wardrobe.

That being said, I'm not one for The Wraith's new look in this art.  It's all incredibly reinterpreted and still very true to the characters, but Bunker got an incredible armor upgrade.  If anything, The Wraith's one piece swimsuit could've been upgraded to some high-quality body armor, or even some near-future power armor.  I love the quality of the art and the design reinterpretations of the other geries enough that I'm willing to wait and see what the artist's reinterpretations of the other female characters are before passing too harsh of a judgement.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

evandan55 wrote:

Not saying this artwork isn't amazing, but yeah, that Wraith costume should be showing less skin. That's not how we do things around here!

Interestingly enough, Wraith is showing the *edit*Second*edit* /most/ Skin of the Female Heros (Visionary has her beat)

Lynkfox.

Odin
Odin's picture

Honestly, I love them all. Sure bathing suit wraith could do with a little more clothing especially since it seems to be raining but I think the personal interprtation of the characters is really cool. Way to go!

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

I wasn't planning to speak up because folks tend to not like negativity, but the overall discussion has been so one-sided that I really have to say I did not like any of these four very much.  The one I come closest to liking is Wraith, for exactly the reason that others have disliked it; it's not entirely fitting with her characterization as far as we know, but it is really attractive.  Bunker is also somewhat neat looking, but not really Bunker; these figures seem more like villain mooks to me.  The absolute zero one looks vaguely cool, but why the holy living hell is he wearing a coat?  The last thing he EVER wants to do is be warmer.  And Legacy just looks disgusting to me; I'm a big fan of the square-jawed look, but as rendered here it's hideous to the point of being inhuman.  I'm torn as to whether I want to see any more of these; the artist has obvious talent, but I tend not to agree with his stylistic choices, and certainly it would be more constructive for him to put his effort into original creations he could potentially sell.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I certainly wasn't being negative towards them. At the very least, I have a huge appreciation for the artist's skill, and I really do like some of the details, especially in Bunker and Absolute Zero. Just because they look different doesn't mean we have to dislike them. I'm totally open to the idea of "reimagined" characters. I'd love to see more from the artist, just less sexually exploitive. That's not really very good grounds to like one of them more than the others. Or at least, not a reason you want to like it. Or should.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

Well I for one do like it for exactly that reason so there.  :P

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

Not to mention, given how athletic she is, her... *ahem* assets are bound to be a bit smaller, as they ARE primarily fat-based.

Tell that to Power Girl.

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

Art is art and can be liked or despised for things that are either deep or superficial. One isn't really more valid than the other. For the most part I like all the art. I even like Wraith's, but the criticisms against it are valid and understandable.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

Pages