The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Compiled List of All Typos

88 posts / 0 new
Last post
kengi
kengi's picture
Playtester

I checked this list and didn't see it noted, but in the Pike Industrial Complex card set, there is a card titled:

"Checmical Explosion"

which I believe should be

"Chemical Explosion"

Check out my board game site! www.Geek-Craft.com

ketigid

This is as good a place to bring this up as any.

Remember how the art for Darken the Skies was low res? In my recent plays with The Matriarch, it is beginning to irk me more and more.

Reprinting is not viable because the card backs and color tone may be different from the rest of the deck.

So instead, will the designers upload a paste up errata card, much like the 1st->enhanced Ed errata, with the corrected hi res art so that we (read *I*) can print it out and slot in front of my sleeved cards?

I so love the Sentinels art.

Thanks.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Something like this?

Darken the Sky

Does that work for you?

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ketigid

Beautiful! Finally justice to Adam and The Matriarch.

Thanks!!!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Heck, I'll do you one better. It's one of my favorite arts from that set, in fact. 

Glorious birdage.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I don't know if I knew there was a lady in that picture.  I thought it was all just birds.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

cgrater
Playtester

Hey, Christopher:

How close are you to needing to do a reprint of Rook City?

I would totally rebuy it for that awesome artwork alone!

ketigid

I love the expression on The Matriarch. Ecstasy.

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Christopher wrote:

Something like this?Darken the SkyDoes that work for you?

Can this be an add on in the Kickstarter?  I'd replace every pixely DtS card in her deck with this beauty.

Just shut up and take my money!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

ketigid

The card backs will be different due to different print runs and you will be able to tell that Darken the Sky is coming just from the different coloured backs.

Cosmonaut Zero
Cosmonaut Zero's picture

As long as the backs are /darker/ I will accept it on pun value alone.

This is a Greater than Games forum signature virus. Copy this text, add one to the generation, and replace your signature with this one so that this may take over the multiverse of forum signatures.
Generation: 1

ketigid

I wish to make another request. I understand that for Absolute Zero's deck, 1 Coolant Blast was substituted with 1 Frost-Bound Drain in the Enhanced Edition.

Is it possible to upload the full card image of Frost-Bound Drain so that I can print it out and slot it in front of my 1st Ed Coolant Blast card?

Thanks in advance.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Something like this?

Taa-daa!

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

ketigid

so awesome!

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

Reckless wrote:

Christopher wrote:
Something like this?Darken the SkyDoes that work for you?

Can this be an add on in the Kickstarter?  I'd replace every pixely DtS card in her deck with this beauty.Just shut up and take my money!

If we order a replacement card, does it come with this higher resolution image?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Unfortunately, no. The replacement cards are just cards removed from other copies of Rook City, and we are still solidly in the first print run of Rook City.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I found a typo tonight on one of the Argent Adept's cards - the quote at the bottom of Musaragni's Harp reads "It's strings can play as quietly as a mouse, or as loud as a lion!". The first word of that sentence shouldn't have an apostrophe - otherwise it's basically saying "It is strings can play..." ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

Understood, thank you Christopher. Originally thought only some people got the lower resolution copy.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ameena wrote:

I found a typo tonight on one of the Argent Adept's cards - the quote at the bottom of Musaragni's Harp reads "It's strings can play as quietly as a mouse, or as loud as a lion!". The first word of that sentence shouldn't have an apostrophe - otherwise it's basically saying "It is strings can play..." ;).

Well, damn! Slipped past us.

Sigh. Here's an actual quote from me in the playtesting forum in which we proof-read Argent Adept: "Wow. I am _NOT_ proofreading these as well as I thought I was."

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Lol. I'll let you know if I should happen to spot any more, but other than ones that have already been noted ("Checmical Explosion" and I think a repeated word in the text for Imbued Fire), I don't think I've ever spotted any others on cards :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Reckless
Reckless's picture

This isn't a typo, but does anyone else have something funny going on with the colors on the backs of Apostate's deck?  Mine seem to differ greatly between cards.  Some are a lighter gray with others very dark.  It hasn't affected our gameplay yet, but I imagine in time we will be able to tell which cards have a lighter back and which have a darker one.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Hmm, yeah, I think you're right, but as I'm looking at them under my bedroom light rather than daylight it's hard to tell and it's making my eyes go all weird, lol. I don't think it makes much difference, though, since it's not as if only certain cards are dark/light. I mean, I looked at one "dark" card and one "light" one, and turned them over and it turned out they were both the same ("Fallen Angel" One-Shot). I think there's enough of a mix of cards that you can't tell what's gonna come up, even with this slight difference in card backs.

I am the Wordweaver...

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

At first I was mistakenly looking through Ambuscade's deck, and I was thinking, "These people are crazy. There are _no_ differences."

Then I looked at Apostate's deck and it was clear that there are!

For example, pull out the two Apocalypse cards and the three Profane Summons cards. I bet that just be looking at the backs you can tell which ones are which.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Argent Adept has a card 'Akpunku's Drum' which (more or less) has the following text:

"Perform the accompany text of a Rhythm card and the perform text of a Melody card"

Nothing ostensibly wrong with this, other than that every other instrument lists the perform text first. Don't know why but this card always sticks out like a sore thumb because of that.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

It is that way on purpose. Both because of the order of play makes for interesting interactions, and because it's a drum, which is primarily an accompanying rhythm instrument, but occasionally can be used to lay out a primary musical line, depending on the type of music.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mezike
Mezike's picture

Thanks for the clarification! So does this mean you have to play them in listed order? It is then rather than and? I've been reading the and as meaning that the order of activation doesn't matter.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Order written on cards is always done in the order written, no matter what conjunctions are used to combine them.  Someone started the idea that the word "and" started simultainious actions, thus allowing the players to decide order, but, the only thing I've ever heard from the developers is that order occurs in the order on the cards.  And, for precedent, Fanatic deals 1 target 1 melee and 1 radiant damage.  It has always been stated that you first deal one target one melee damage, and then deal that same target one radiant damage.  Never the other way.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

While I know that the effects on the Adept's instruments must occur in order, one of my most frequent uses is that of the harp to play the Perform and then the Accompany of a Harmony card. The Perform that I activate is the one that lets you use another power (Inspiring Supertonic, I think). So I should then immediately interrupt that first instrument's actions to play another power, which itself might be to let myself play another power. So I normally just act out the second part of the harp's actions (usually just healing myself with Supertonic's Accompany section) in order to avoid confusing myself. I figure it's okay in those instances, since it doesn't affect the gameplay that I take that particular action before I'm supposed to. Or at least, it hasn't so far. I don't want to have to keep track of too many things - the Adept is complicated enough as it is! :D

I am the Wordweaver...

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Technically, yes, these actions should be put in a stack.  And, for the most part, simply recovering a point of HP will likely never alter the outcome, except in the corner case that the targets regaining HP are nearly depleted, and some action you do could result in that target's destruction had you not restored HP.

But, really, if you did want an easy way to keep track of that stuff, you could always literally stack the cards as you use their powers, and when one instrument is done, take it off the stack to resolve the next instrument underneath.  You could even have the instruments oriented one way or the other to determine whether the instrument is currently on it's first action or it's second action, and then stack them in another pile once they have been fully used.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Yeah, that idea has occurred, but basically I can't be arsed and I figure it's okay as long as acting out of order won't have any effect on the outcome of using those powers.

I am the Wordweaver...

Reckless
Reckless's picture

While resleeving my Omnitron cards (due to Mayday sleeves varying in length to a great degree, much to my disappointment), I noticed a similar predicament to the issue with Apostate's cardbacks that I mentioned earlier.  It appears that some cards have distinguishably darker backs than others.  It isn't as prominent as the backs of Apostate's cards, but I thought it should still be brought up.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I was putting all my lovely new cards into the main box last night and had a quick look at each one as I did so, just to give them a cursory glance to make sure they were all printed okay and stuff (having heard of there being the occasional issue with that in the past), and while there were no issues there, I did notice that on Miss Information's starting side (on the text card, not the picture card), she's described as a "Demure Ofice Worker"...oops. The picture card has it spelt correctly, though, as does the setup text.

I am the Wordweaver...

ketigid

Lock Down flavour text, Elligible -> Eligible

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

On Kismet's character card in the advanced rules (Charmed Scoundrel side), should it read "At the start of the villain turn, Kismet deals each hero target affected by a Jinx card 2 psychic damage"?  Glass Jaw could end up on a Unity bot, for instance.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

In La Capitan's deck, L'Épéiste has an extra space in the title (after the apostrophe).

Alternating Tiger Clawwords the destruction of other Styles differently.

Too much space between 'L' and 'T' in Multiverse in the logo .

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Just wanted to throw this out there:

On Proletariat's bio, it reads "leaving him unharmed and more prepared to meet the threat then before"

Figured you guys might want to fix that.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

TheJayMann wrote:
But, really, if you did want an easy way to keep track of that stuff, you could always literally stack the cards as you use their powers, and when one instrument is done, take it off the stack to resolve the next instrument underneath.  You could even have the instruments oriented one way or the other to determine whether the instrument is currently on it's first action or it's second action, and then stack them in another pile once they have been fully used.

I just use dice to track where I am in the resolution.  Die 1 on the Instrument, die 2 on the card being performed, die 3 on the card being accompanied.  Or, if the two songs are Inspiring Supertonic and Inventive Preparation, die 1 on the Lyra that's playing them, die 2 on Supertonic's perform, die 3 on Xu's Bell whose Power I'm using, die 4 on Preparation's Perform (assuming I have no other Rhythms), die 5 on Supertonic's Accompany, and die 6 on Preparation's Lyra Accompany which I finally get back to after the Bell is finished.

Come to think of it, doing this sort of thing may be exactly what I like about the Argent Adept.  He's not otherwise my style of hero, but I seem to enjoy getting to chain all these different effects together, in a way that makes my brain hurt and my turn take a quarter-hour as I compute the whole sequence.  (If we ever get a hacker hero, perhaps they could have a build somewhat similar to the Adept?  In the sense that Ra and Haka and Tempest are all somewhat similar, that is, not to the point of them actually being the same.)

(On a side note, mentioning Telamon's Lyra is particularly funny this month or so, because I'm reading The Golden Compass.  Lyra's daemon even has a fairly similar name, Pantalaimon, usually just "Pan", so you could view Talaimon as a sort of surname, in which case it's just a slight spelling difference.)

Ameena wrote:
I did notice that on Miss Information's starting side (on the text card, not the picture card), she's described as a "Demure Ofice Worker"...oops. The picture card has it spelt correctly, though, as does the setup text.

At least she's not an Orifice Worker.  That would be hard to do demurely....

Mezike wrote:

Thanks for the clarification! So does this mean you have to play them in listed order? It is then rather than and? I've been reading the and as meaning that the order of activation doesn't matter.

"Then" would imply that you don't get the second half without doing the first half (not explicitly state it, as "If you do", does, but create the appearance of a correlation between completing step 1 and proceeding to step 2).  I think "and" was correct to use here.

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Pages