The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Living Sentinels Campaign #2 - Results Thread

189 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

2A: Heroes win.

13 cards in Env Trash

HP: Visoonary: 14, Tempest: 14, Fanatic: 0, NightMist: 17

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks! I know those are the only results that mattered, but I am a bit curious about what happened.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

Environment started with two Krakens and both Toxic Seaweeds out.

Tempest Flash Flooded the toxics and as Blade was the lowest of the targets, we let the Krakens eat him. We had all three out until Blade flipped when Fanatic End of Daysed to clear the environment out. Sadly some retributive damage and having to dip into Martyr to do any damage to Blade meant she was the lowest and clobbered. tempest and Visionary surivved as while the krakens were nomming, Tempest kept throwing out downpours. NightMist had ideal hand and got the amulet, Nekclace and Master of Magic out in the first three turns, so whenever blade hit the highest for lots, he tended to fall on his own cannon.

Fanatic eventually fell to the mystic defences after throwing all bar 1 hit point at Blade.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

2B: Heroes win

Legacy 12, Bunker: 0, Tachyon: 0, Absolute Zero: 16

The Chairman started with the Broker, then pulled out the Muscle.

Legacy went into Next Evolution/Lead From the front mode as soon as possible as the informant kept playing out Rook City is Mine that spammed a lot of the environment deck. Zero started with no equipment, and the scarabs out so couldn't evn draw. Couple of Frost-Bound Drain's to get the bad guys down to the point where the various rtials started chewing through them. Trial of Fire and Trial of Blades is not fun for the Chairman's goons. Tachyon grabbed the Rod as Shamise fell to the various trials, while Zero got the Idol to keep him up. Tachyon was first to fall, to the spike trap rather than the chairman, while the same spikes finished off Bunker a few turns later. Zero ended up with rod and idol as well as, eventually his full set up, while Legay had the ring and charge so was able to heal , tank and damage every turn. But the environment was what really killed the Chairman's minins and the Operative, allowing the heroes to concentrate on him personally, with Legacy taking and ignoring the retributive damage.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Thanks for the write ups.

Hmmm...after so many losses last time, I didn't want to make Chairman advanced. Maybe I should change that.

pwatson1974 wrote:

But the environment was what really killed the Chairman's minins and the Operative, allowing the heroes to concentrate on him personally, with Legacy taking and ignoring the retributive damage.

Maybe he should learn not to challenge a god next time.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

I'd see how the others do. Legacy with Lead from the Front AND Next Evolution on turn one, plus two prison breaks before I killed any underbosses really helped out.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

PlatinumWarlock's Session 2A:

Results to note

-Did the heroes win?  Yes!, but barely!

-The number of cards in the environment trash at the end of the game.  8 cards in the environment trash.

-Final hp of each character. The heroes or Blade (if they lost).  Nightmist [6], Visionary [3]; Fanatic [6]; Tempest [3]. 

Chalk this one up to Wrathful Retribution!  Fanatic was able to unload on Baron Blade the turn after he flipped, taking out 23 of his 30 hit points in one shot!  

Session 2B will be following lunch!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I wonder why it is important that Wraith, Haka, and Ra gained 5 hp today. Why would it matter on a day to day basis? Will something happen before the end of the week?

PlatinumWarlock

PlatinumWarlock's Session 2B:

Results to note

-Did the heroes win?  Yes, handily!

-Final hp of each character. The heroes or the Chairman and Operative (if they lost).  Legacy [10]; Tachyon [8]; Absolute Zero [15]; Bunker [11]

The armored duo of Absolute Zero and Bunker utterly owned this game.  AZ got out a Cold Snap in his second turn, followed immediately by Bunker's Ammo Drop.  With so many cards in hand, Bunker had the Gatling Gun churning and, combined with +2 damage from Legacy, the Chairman couldn't keep any henchmen on the board long enough to actually deal significant damage!

Tachyon didn't do too much during this game, but she did take out Anubis with a well-timed Blinding Speed.

The Chairman did end the game with the Idol of Anput in hand, only because it was the first Environment card played.  I can just picture AZ standing over the badly-beaten Chairman, plucking the Idol from his crumpled, frostbitten form, saying "Yeahhhh, and we'll take this!"

Jettosan
Jettosan's picture

Scenario 2A:

Heroes WON! Huzzah! Most damage was done by Tempest and Fanatic, Visionary helped with enviroment control, Nightmist... well, not much, but she was tanking like a boss. Last strike was dealt by Fanatic's Wrathful Retribution for whooping 23 damage, which was just enough to finish the job.

Visionary: 9 HP

Nightmist: 7 HP

Tempest: 9 HP

Fanatic: 7 HP

10 cards in Enviroment trash

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Great! Welcome to the forums!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Game 2A

Heroes won (using Wraith instead of Nightmist)

Final HP were 5 for Visionary; 10 for everybody else

11 cards in Environment trash.

byc
Playtester

2A

Baron Blade win with 52 HP.

4 in environment trash.

2B

Chairman wins with 23 HP.  Operative was KOed.

2A wasn't close.  2B was kind of close.  Tachyon was almost able to Lightspeed Barrage twice to finish off the Chairman, but then a Prison Break happened.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

On a positive note, not much of Atlantis was destroyed.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Not sure if anyone cares, but I am keeping track of the games in the same spreadsheet as above. Each game has a separate sheet.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Haka: 12 + 5 = 17

Ra: 11 + 5 = 16

Wraith: 9 + 5 = 14

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Would people prefer to have the game start or end on Sunday?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

End on Saturday, start on Sunday works great for me.  That way if I need to I can do two in one weekend.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Results for 2A

Victory!

But only just.

Baron Blade did not reach 15 cards in trash, but only because of Fanatic on 1HP when Visionary enlightened a Wrathful Retribution into her hand!

There were 12 cards in the Environment trash at the end (The last one being a Kraken, which took out Visionary, who then used her incap power to take it out!)

Baron was on 0 HP

Visionary was on 0 HP

Tempest was on 2 HP

Fanatic was on 0 HP

Nightmist was on 3 HP

The indestrucible shield did provide some problems but drawing 2 Environment targets and 2 very easy to get rid of non-target cards meant they were all gone by the start of the second environment turn, but that extra 1DR frequently annoyed Fanatic.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

2B or not 2B?

Yeah, it was not to be.

Hero loss

No one ever got their hands on the Rod or the Idol, they did not come out at all.

Final HP, everyone on 0 except the Chairman, who was on 14.

Cold Snap was going gangbuster all through out the game, and a first turn Impale really helped knock the Operative out, but it wasn't enough. Anubis tried to help by pouring the heat on the Chairman for a while (whichi obviously did nothing) but when Impale finally had the Operative at 35 her HP raced down as Anubis punished her for each villain targets we took out.

Alas it was not to be.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Haka: 17 + 5 = 22

Ra: 16 + 5 = 21

Wraith: 14 + 5 = 19

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chapter 2C - A God against Gods

Haka: *examining the Egyptian Egypt.* This isn't bad, but I would prefer a little actions.

*With a large crash, the doors to the museum open.*

Atum: Ra, did you really think you could hide this from us?

Ra: Ward, what are you doing here?

Atum: I am not Ward, I am Atum, and I am going into that Tomb.

*Thunk*

Atum: Oww! *Looking down* Who throws a wrench?

*Bang* *Bang**Bang*

Expatriette: Would you prefer bullets?

Atum: Move aside mortal, and let me through.

Expatriette: Over my dead body.

Atum: That can be arranged.

Setup

Villain: The Ennead

Heroes (any order): Haka (22 hp), Ra (21 hp), Wraith (19 hp), Mr. Fixer, and Expatriette.

-The hp for the heroes are the starting hp, not their max hp.

Environment: The Tomb of Anubis and Rook City

font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#444444">-During the environment-play-phase, if there are more active villains than heroes, play the top card of the Tomb of Anubis.

font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#444444">-During the environment-play-phase, if there are more active heroes than villains, play the top card of Rook City.

font-family:"Helvetica","sans-serif";color:#444444">-During the environment-play-phase, if there are an equal number of  active villains and heroes, play either the top card of the Tomb of Anubis or Rook City.

-Note: While there are two separate environment decks and trashes, they are considered one deck for any ability. For example, Ra can play Excavation, move two cards from the Tomb of Anubis's trash, one card from Rook City, and then draw three cards.

Results to note

-Did the heroes win?

-Final hp of each character. The heroes and villains. If the villain character did not enter the game, put in its max hp.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Do you play a card from each during the play a card phase of the Environment turn or does the start of turn effects replace the regular phase?

or something else?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Good point. I meant you play only one. I will go back and change it.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy wrote:

End on Saturday, start on Sunday works great for me.  That way if I need to I can do two in one weekend.

If other people agree with this, I will change the days for next time. I want to keep it this time, bexuase of the mid-week game.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I have no problem with the time either way.

2C results

Yay! Hero win!

The game started with a Taste of Immortality, and the second turn was Rise to Power! However, I have never seen the heroes tear into a target as quickly as they did. By the end of the first round Set was in the low single digits.

Mr Fixer had an awesome opening hand, Pipe Wrench, Meditation (for Driving Mantis) and Harmony so he largely ignored the damage coming from the Ennead, but the other heroes had problems with it, but surprisingly it was the environment that took out both the heroes who were incapped, curse that Anubis!

A total of 2 Rook City cards were played, I figured Shu's and Set's incap ability was hero choice, as both environments were considered one deck (if not we would have got 3 more Rook City cards).

An out of turn Unload, thanks to Set, finished the day.

Villain HP

• Shu 0
  • Set 0
  • Tefnut 0
  • Osiris 0
  • Nephthys 0
  • Geb 0
  • Nuit 0
  • Isis 26 (Did not enter play)
  • Atum 30 (Did not enter play)

Hero HP

• Haka 3
  • Ra 0
  • Wraith 0
  • Expatriette 6
  • Mr Fixer 18 (!)

PlatinumWarlock

PlatinumWarlock's 2C Results:

Did the Heroes win?  Yes, with difficulty.

Final HP of each character:

Heroes:  Haka [14]; Ra [4]; Wraith [Incapacitated]; Expatriette [17]; Fixer [13]

Villains:  Shu/Tefnut/Osiris/Nuit/Nephthys [incapacitated]; Set [26--Did not appear]; Isis [26--Did not appear]; Atum [30--Did not appear]; Geb [32--Did not appear]

Keeping Ra alive was really key for this one, as his nemesis bonus makes a BIG difference when you can pull out a Scorched Earth with Staff of Ra already in play--nemesis bonus for the win!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Phantaskippy's Results:

2A:  Epic Match

Info:

Heroes win

9 cards in trash.

Fanatic 1hp.  others incapped, no env. in play.

Started with 2 Kraken, collapsed Hallway and Mystical defenses in play.  Blade Slash and Burns to rid himself of being the target for Kraken. (boo)

Fanatic throws Martyr and Nightmist Lashes an Oblivion (3-3)  Env. is hurting, heroes hurting too.

End of Round 2 the third Kraken comes out and Nightmist dies.

But with Leaking room in play and Twist the Ether on Fanatic, she drops Divine Focus and wails on Blade (5 lightning to start each turn, yes please!)

Blade devious disruption, we keep only Twist the Ether.

Third Kraken is still out and Blade is at 1 Hp with -2 taken.  We can't kill Kraken so we leave Blade to eat the shot (fanatic plays Prayer of desperation), Hallway collapse flips Blade, Kraken incaps Tempest.  Tempest puts Divine Focus back in Fanatic's Hand, She unleashes on him.

A fortunate draw of Smite the Transgressor when Fanatic had an empty hand ends up saving the day by letting Fanatic kill Blade on Nightmist's turn.

Great match.

2B:  The Massacre.

This was an absolute classic Chairman steamroll.  Bad opening hands meant no damage for first round, and Legs even got inspiring presence, but no tanking stuff.  Worse is the Broker and Fence were the cards played on Chairman's turn, and with no killing either it was a bad start.

The Organization actually got full strength, every target from the villain deck was on the field for the last turn.  Mdjai killed an informant and a thief, but with the contract out hurt us much worse (and of course Thief and informant just came right back out).

Heroes lose (Start of Round 4)

Chairman and Operative at full HP

The Idol appeared 1st round, but sat there.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Not sure if I should bring this up or not, but if nobody had the idol at the start-of-the-environment-turn, it goes to the Chairman. This might be a great ecuse to redo the game. smiley

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

2C:

Hero Loss

Nephthys: 14

Isis: 0

Osiris: 0

Atum: 0

Set: 15

Nuit: 0

Geb: 32 (Dis not play)

Shu: 24 (Did not play)

Tefnut: 29 (Did not play)

Haka: 0

Ra: 0

Wraith: 0

Mister FixeR: 0

Expatriette: 0

The heroes dediced to go all out on the attack, taking Atum down in the first two turns, despite Nuit's arrival from the Shrine. Hpowever, Ra's decision to play imbued fire early cost them as a three sun turn scorched the heroes. For a time, Haka's taiha and Expatriettes Assault Rfiel and Shotgun looked like the tide was going to be turned, especially when Anubis emerged from his Tomb to smite the pretenders to Godghood.

However, the challenge of the blades put down Haka and Expatriette and left Fixer last man standing on 3 hp, it was all over bar the shouting, proved by Nephthyis the next turn when she pulled out death's grasp and sucked the life out of the sensai mecahnic.

Jettosan
Jettosan's picture

2C.

Heroes lost, because Ra was too valuable... so Ennead killed him first. The problem wasn't Ra dying... the problem was that he died before Shu was KO'ed. It ended with vaiant fight of Haka, Wraith and Mr Fixer against one Shu, which he easily outmanouvered with his transparent personality.

All Ennead members were out, and all died, except:

Shu: 3 HP

Highlights:

Wraith: Three improntu inventions in first few turns. Did what she could, but still helpless against wind guy.

Haka: Watied for a useful weapon. Died before getting it.

Ra: Died too fast, but fought valiantly. His Incap side was useful.

Expat: Her shotgun will be missed. Her Cryo rounds as well.

Fixer: He tried. He tried even harder when he was out last hope. Failed anyway.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Fun fact: The forum is 2-2 on Chapter 2C, and in every game, Wraith, Nuit and Osiris have died.

In case anyone wants to see, here is another copy of the link , so that you don't have to go to the first page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AidOKG-M_yQmdDhNM1FaLU1NNDRyM1VhTW9ISzhhZVE#gid=3

ConShonnery

Hey all,

Our team is joining a bit late, I'm going to post all our results so far (even if they are too late to be used) since they were pretty decent stories at the very least :)

Game 1: Heroes win, handily

Results: Wraith 16, Haka 11, Ra 10.  0 Mega Computers in Play. 9 cards in Blade's trash when he flipped.

This game went really well for us.  Baron Blade kept summon soldiers who would hurt the heroes, but were easily crippled into being of little use.  A statuary fell and damaged Blade's platform, toxic sludge poured into the streets of Rook City multiple times and damaged his platforms and his minions.  Wraith got powerful projectiles out quickly and pummeled Blade every turn for 5.  Her smoke bombs kept the heroes with plenty of health, Ra blasted Blade for consistently more than his DR, and Haka gathered cards in preparation for a huge burst to finish Blade at the end.

Game 2A: Heroes win, barely

Results: Fanatic 4, Nightmist 25, Tempest incapacited, Visionary incapacitated.  13 ruins destroyed.

This was rough.  Leaky rooms and seaweed at the start of the fight meant the heroes couldn't do very much to get at Baron Blade early on.  Fanatic had to ditch all her tools and it took her time to recover from that.  Blade considered the price of victory very early, and was about to flip until Visionary brain-burned him at the cost of much of her life.  Though unconscious, Visionary's mental blasts were enough to keep the dangers of Atlantis at bay for the rest of the fight.

The other heroes then managed to get Blade very close to flipping, with the rise of the ruins very close... but a single, purple spark released from the unconscious Tempest was enough to strike Blade, knock him down, and shatter his device.  With everyone very weak, Tempest started cleansing the heroes to strengthen them up again, but an untimely kraken attack finished him off.

Nightmist had gone mistbound and was pinging Blade when possible.  Between her tanking and Tempest's immunity ability, Fanatic was kept alive long enough for her to power a wrathful retribution that finished off the Baron.  Every single ruin of Atlantis was destroyed or in play at the end.

Game 2B: Heroes... win?  No, just Legacy wins.  Barely.

Results: Legacy 32, all other heroes incapacitated.

Crooked cops were protecting the Operative and underbosses right off the bat.  Tachyon pulls a hand full of great cards and has goggles and is pushing the limit first turn, with two lightspeed barrages in her hand.  The other heroes can't do a whole lot early, with Bunker, Legacy, and AZ getting out their ongoings and equipments.  The environment comes out with trials of fire that blast everyone for damage; AZ insists it be kept out because he'll use it to his benefit.

More underbosses come out and the team fights them off slowly, harnessing the fire that is slowly burning them to death.  Legacy becomes invulnerable to melee damage and starts tanking the Operative's hits, which helps immensely.  Enforcers come out, and with Tachyon getting burned and pushing the limits, she's low on health, meaning she has to start ditching lightspeed barrages before they can be helpful.  Mummies come out from the tomb and chomp away at the Operative.  Best. Mummy. Ever.

The enemies start to become too much but Bunker gets back-to-back combustions; with an ammo drop in play he clears the field and has most of his deck in his hands.  The Chariman flips, and the heroes have a turn to blast the Operative and Chairman, doing a ton of damage to them.  Then, of course, the dreaded Prison Break!  Tachyon and AZ go down hard; Bunker's armor keeps him alive, but he can't combust again and can't really do much.

By now, though Legacy is immune to environment damage, melee damage, and projectile damage (thanks to AZ's incapacitation help), and he can punch and regain health every turn.  That was vital because that turn, the Tomb of Anbuis effectively went supernova: the mummy who plays environment cards when villains die entered the field, and the trials already in place started blasting villains, summoning more trials, which blasted more villains.  Almost the entire Tomb of Anubis hit the board, finishing off all the villains except the Chairman, including the Operative.

Legacy grabs the idol next turn to heal himself the rest of the game (but mostly to prevent the Chairman from getting it), as he and the Chairman are locked in combat in a fiery pit of swinging blades of death that can cannot hurt either of them.  The incapacitated heroes keep Legacy invulnerable and playing enough cards that he never has to give up his immunities, and he slowly punches the Chairman to death... it took him a while.

ConShonnery

Game 2C: Heroes win, decisively

Results: Haka 18, Expatriette 18, Ra 12, Mr. Fixer 22, Wraith 9.  Nephythys, Osiris, Tefnut, Nuit, and Set incapacitated. Unplayed: Isis 26, Atum 30, Shu 24, Geb 32.

Heroes pretty much dominated this match.  Villains drew cards that didn't help them early (destroy environment/ongoing before the heroes had a turn), and after that Wraith was stacking their deck to play effects that dealt the least pain.  Ra early on imbued the group with fire, and also made the heroes immune to fire every turn, so Wraith regularly selected the villain card which would cause fire effects.  Haka smashed things with a fiery taihaha and Expat layed down fiery rounds with her assault rifle.  Anubis emerged from the tomb and blasted the Ennead with his nemesis bonus.

Set was taken down first with Osiris right after. Dr. Tremata emerged from Rook City, which would have helped the heroes if Set didn't cause the environment decks to be shuffled (we weren't sure how to play this, whether we got to choose one environment deck or whether it happened to both, but it really didn't matter much).  Thanks to Wraith's stacking, the next villain card was harmless.

Three villain targets left, and the heroes brought the pain.  Ra brought forth an inferno.  Haka rampaged them all for 6 without hurting the heroes at all, thanks to Ra's Imbued Fire + fire immunity.  Expatriette unloaded Pride and her Assault Rifle, and Mr. Fixer came in with grease monkey + jack handle to finish them off.

All in all, some great cards in the heroes opening hands (Ra: Imbued Fire + fire immunity, Haka: Taihaha + Ta Moko, Wraith: Infrared + Utility Belt, Expat: Assault Rifle, Mr. Fixer: Grease Monkey + Jack Handle + Toolbox) and some good draws made the match reasonably straightforward.

grim88

2c Results:

Heroes win.

Haka 19

Expatriette 21

Ra 20

Mr. Fixer 18

Wraith 9

Shu 0

Nuit 0

Nephyhys 0

Isis 0

Geb 0

Atum 0

Hiding:

Osiris 27

Tefnut 29

Set 26

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Game 2A: Heroes win, as close as it could be

This went quite badly from the start, when Leaking Chamber and two Toxic Seaweeds killed the heroes' entire first round. Baron Blade activated his device, putting everything in to play, and the heroes won by having Fanatic hit herself so that her Wrathful Retribution would take out Baron Blade. I'm afraid only a single Phosphorescent Chamber was left of the ruins of Atlantis.

Heroes won: Yes
Cards in environment trash: 14
Final HP: Baron Blade 0, Tempest 0, Visionary 0, Nightmist 0, Fanatic 1

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Average hps will be used, but who won is based on how many people won. Here is where we stand right now:

2A: 8-1 with 10 cards in the trash.

2B: 3-3 

2C: 4-2 Wraith was in danger of having an average of 0 hp, but the couple of new games raised that to 3.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

ConShonnery wrote:

Our team is joining a bit late, I'm going to post all our results so far (even if they are too late to be used) since they were pretty decent stories at the very least :)

You missed Chapter 1, but thanks for the recap. The other games were added though.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

2B results: Alas, a win was not to be. Next Evolution plus Lead from the Front was helping a great deal, but the Tomb of Anubis dealt too much damage that wore us down, and we did not survive the Prison Break.

Heroes lost. Final HP: Operative 6, Chairman 29. Edit: I forgot about the damage from Anubis when the heroes were killed...

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

[Last-minute submission: an accidental back-page deleted the whole long story I'd typed out, and the Lazurus Form Recovery add-in doesn't appear to like working with this site. crying]

Scenario 2A:

Hero victory. Nightmist incapacitated, Fanatic=5, Visionary=6, Tempest=9. 11 cards in the environment trash. I'll re-type the story of this epic battle and try to post it shortly.

==============================================================================================

Scenario 2B:

Hero victory. A0=12, Bunker=21, tachyon=21, Legacy=23.

Madame Akana was the first disgusting thing to come crawling out of the tomb, so the heros just left her to do her work until Legacy had managed to steal both the Rod and the Idol. He also started with Motivational Charge and the Ring in his opening hand, so things got pretty easy after that. The fact that Anubis focused most of his attention on the Operative and the Chairman didn't hurt, either. Easy victory.

...yeah, me too.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Post it anytime. I will probably post the next games tomorrow.

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

And now: Battling the Belligerent Baron through the Bemired Bathyal Bastion (Scenario 2A, recapped).

When our heroes first looked down on Atlantis they were utterly shocked by what awaited them in the Ruins below. Nobody was looking forward to wading into such a malodorous mess. Two piles of Toxic Seaweed, a Leaky Room, and a Phosphorescent Chamber, with the Baron bearing down on them right through it all. Ouch. The wreck and wrack on the freshly-exposed seafloor could really complicate their clean-up efforts.

It was hairy work until Tempest finally called on a passing storm and started to provide the whole party with a bracing Cleansing Downpour each turn, keeping them from being completely mired in the muck. That blessed rain (along with its handy-dandy friend the Phosphorescent Chamber) provided some much needed breathing room early on. 

Once the heroes were finally able to play cards and powers with impunity, the Baronic bastard buckled quickly under their combined attacks. He continued to manipulate the tides, however, and as more and more of the ocean floor was exposed, his Living Force Field grew until he was well-nigh invulnerable. He sat at 2 HP on his front side for 3(?) rounds, not taking so much as a scratch. Finally, with 17 cards in the villain trash, a Gene-Shackled Ball Lightning finished the job just before he could uncover the rest of the sunken Ruins.

During this hectic time of strife, Tempest, Nightmist, and Fanatic kept risking curious glances back to where the Visionary sat. While they were all busy fighting a running battle through the Ruins, the girl with the fancy haircut mostly seemed to just sit in the corner while thinking quietly to herself. Oh, sure, every so often she would tell them what the Baron had planned or maybe toss a couple points of damage at him, but the other heroes were beginning to wonder why she had even bothered to come at all.

As it turns out, she had spent that time patiently probing the evil inventor's mind for any weakness she could find. The others had whittled him down to 19 HP after the flip, but it was slow, dangerous, and painful work. Finally, separated from any remaining Ruins and with nothing left to power his Living Force Field, the Baron took the offensive. He cackled maniacally as he drew a vicious blade and began to Slash and Burn towards our hapless heroes. Things did not look good for them.

It was at this moment, however, that the Visionary finally decided to reveal herself. Little known to him, the young lady had completely penetrated the villain's mental defenses during her quiet contemplation, giving her complete control over his every action. You see, she was even the one who had made the "Suggestion" that he Slash and Burn in the first place! As he lunged to attack, he was gripped by an irresistible compulsion to swing his massive heated blade not at his intended target, but at himself instead! 

"What treachery is this?" he cried, filled with a sudden panic and fearing for what may come. He felt brief comfort that his heavily armored suit would intercept some of the force of the blow, but when it came time for metal to meet metal it seemed to have no effect at all! Little did he know, the Visionary had not only Wrested away control of his Mind, but she had also Twisted the Ether around him, making his armor just as soft (and effective) as so much butter and honey. [I know, impossible, right? This was one of those rare timelines, however, in which the original printing remained in effect and anyone could be Wrested, even the villain himself.]

His mighty blade struck home in his now-unprotected flesh, dealing  melee damage, and then another +2 fire damage on the follow-through. He suffered such agonoy from trying to resist her relentless mental attack that another 4 psychic damage made it past his (slightly-more-effective this time) armor.

The Baron was so enraged by this turn of events that he used the end of his turn to again lash out at the strongest hero he could find. He bellowed mightily in his rage, but that tone quickly changed. "What, no! Not again!" he cried, as he again felt the Ether Twisting around him and control of his Mind being Wrested away. Agghh! He should have known. Once the Visionary has you in her power, you are but a puppet on her strings. Another  energy damage had made its way home.

Staggering from the force of the blow, Baron Blade felt himself going numb as the psychic backlash drained his broken body and mind of its very last hitpoint of strength. The battle was over. Atlantis had been saved.

The remaining heroes rushed to the Visionary's side when they saw the Baron fall; they knew full well the excruciating pain that she could cause herself when seizing control of another's thoughts. "Are you OK?" cried Fanatic, anxious over the toll such a powerful Wresting may have taken on the psychic's fragile mind. Visionary stretched and yawned as she stood up from her resting place and she gave a hearty laugh. "Ha! I've never been better! I put up a Decoy Projection earlier so I wouldn't have to handle any of the nasty stuff in that jerkwad's head myself. It took all the ickiness from the first two attacks, and I made sure to knock that beardy little prick unconscious before I had to deal with his broken brain again. Gods, but I hate the way he thinks. Can we please just go home and take a bath now? This disgusting mud is everywhere, and it stinks! I feel like I'll never be clean again."

...yeah, me too.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Rabk wrote:
... Little known to him, the young lady had completely penetrated the villain's mental defenses during her quiet contemplation, giving her complete control over his every action. You see, she was even the one who had made the "Suggestion" that he Slash and Burn in the first place! As he lunged to attack, he was gripped by an irresistible compulsion to swing his massive heated blade not at his intended target, but at himself instead! ...
This was really fun to read, but, um, Wrest the Mind only works on non-character targets.
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

Rabk wrote:
... Little known to him, the young lady had completely penetrated the villain's mental defenses during her quiet contemplation, giving her complete control over his every action. You see, she was even the one who had made the "Suggestion" that he Slash and Burn in the first place! As he lunged to attack, he was gripped by an irresistible compulsion to swing his massive heated blade not at his intended target, but at himself instead! ...

This was really fun to read, but, um, Wrest the Mind only works on non-character targets.

He forgot the part where Wrath's lawyers found a sympathetic judge and a federal court decision revoked Baron Blade's Character status, rendering him simply a villain target, at least until a higher court suspended the ruling, but by then the damage was done.

The Freedom 5 was sued by Baron Blade for gross infringment of Character rights, but they are confident that the the case will be dismissed, largely because as of yet no Judges have been granted character status.

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

dpt wrote:

Rabk wrote:

Gah... I really need to print out the EE corrections and put them in sleeves. I've been playing with the old rules for far too long. Thanks for pointing that out; I stand horribly corrected.

After she had had her bath, the Visionary learned that she existed in only one of many different Shattered Timelines, one of the few in which the original printing was still in effect. She discovered that she was vastly more powerful than her temporal sisters, for she could target anyone she wanted. She knew she had a responsibility to not abuse such power and vowed then and there to never take direct control of another character's mind again. [Or at least do her best not to - that weird voice in her head that called itself "Rabk" sometimes told her to do the most bizarre things...]

Story revised, but mark mine as a loss regardless, Pydro. ;..(

Yeah, there's nothing worse than a psychic in the courtroom, Phantaskippy. If only thoses judges could sue for defamation of character. Alas, 'tis not so (much to Visionary's delight)... :-D

...yeah, me too.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Somone using the , this is the best living campaign ever!

Rabk
Rabk's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

Somone using the , this is the best living campaign ever!

Yup, stolen straight from your signature, Matchstickman. We owe it all to you.

...yeah, me too.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chapter 3 - Nemeses

Chapter 3A - Cute Hatred

*As Blade goes down, he is suddenly surrounded by several agents.*

Tempest: F.I.L.T.E.R.!

*Before Tempest could move, the agents bind the Baron, and they all disappear.*

Nightmist: What just happened?

*Before anyone could respond, the ground begins to shake, and a winged figure bursts from the ruins and head to the sky.*

Fanatic: You won't escape!

*Once again, before anyone can respond, Fanatic gives chase.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Megalopolis...

Unity: Well, Mr. Chomps, I think it's time for another bot. Got any ideas?

*Mr. Chomps pauses, then shakes its head.*

*Suddenly, the outline of two winged humans appear before the enormous moon.*

Unity: Hmmm...now there's an idea.

*Unity follows the winged people.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a rooftop in Megalopolis, Fanatic finally catches her prey...

Fanatic: You aren't getting away this time, and what were you doing in those ruins?

Apostate: Just picking up a few more toys.

*With a flourish, Apostate reveals a sword in one hand, and a book in the other.*

Unity: *out of breath.* There you are. *Eyeing the sword and book.* Ooohhhh...I have never seen those before, I could make some interesting things from those.

Scholar: *Casually walking on to the rooftop.* Your powers won't work on those...yet. *The Scholar pulls out a stone, and Unity begins to glow.* Try it now.

Unity: *with a big grin.* Cool, and I have a great idea for a new bot too.

Setup

Villain: Advanced Apostate.

-(H) is equal to 5 in this game, even though there are only 3 heroes.

-If the "reveal" effect of Profane Summons runs out the deck, shuffle the trash, and reveal cards from the trash until enough relics are put into play. Then, put the trash back.

Heroes (in any order): Fanatic (3 hp), Scholar, Unity.

-Fanatic: Fanatic starts with Aegis of Resurrection in play.

-Unity: For the purposes of Unity's power, all Relics are also equipment.

-Unity: If Unity destroys a target to make a bot, she takes damage equal to the current hp of the target.

-Unity: Add Redeemer Fanatic (or any other card) to Unity's deck. The text should read:

Redeemer Bot- 6 hp

Mechanical Golem - Relic - Apostate's Nemesis

This card cannot be played during you play phase.

At the end of your turn, all hero targets regain 1 hp, and each player may draw a card.

Environment: Megalopolis

-Start the game with Rooftop Combat in play.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chapter 3B - The Awakening

*The group watches as Fanatic flies off.*

Visionary: Let her go, she needs to deal with this herself. When did it start raining?

Tempest: Your welcome. Time to go?

Nightmist: No, we have to make sure nothing was released.

*As the rain pours down, the team begins to search the ruins.*

*After a while, they begin to here a demonic laugh.*

Gloomweaver: <I have awaken!>

Tempest: What did he say?

Nightmist: *Using a demonic voice* I have awaken.

Tempest: Oh. I think something was released.

Setup

Villain: Gloomweaver

-The following 11 cards were released by the destruction of the ruins: The 6 pins, the 3 relics, Ophidia, and Strength of the Grave.

-These card begin in Gloomweaver's deck like normal. However, if they are destroyed, they do not go into the villain trash (but they count as being in the trash for the victory condition). Instead, play the top card of the environment deck, and place the destroyed car underneath it. If that environment card is destroyed, put the card underneath it into play. If that villain card gets destroyed again, take a new card from the environment deck. Rinse and repeat.

Heroes (in any order): Visionary (20 hp), Tempest (21 hp), Nightmist (23 hp).

Environment: Ruins of Atlantis

-Do not play the top card of the environment deck during the environment turn.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Chapter 3C - Too Many Gods

*The heroes just finished dealing with the Ennead, when they see the Chairman coming through the portal holding two relics.*

Chairman: *Energy is flowing from the relics, giving the Chairman a big smile on his face.* Much better.

Ra: Put those back!

Chairman: I don't think so.

*The Operative limps through the portal, and the Chairman touches her with the Idol of Anput.*

The Operative: Much better.

*During the confusion, the Ennead who can walk escaped, leaving only Nephthys and Osiris conscious, and Nuit on the ground.*

Chairman: Stand aside, you are no match for me now.

Mr. Fixer: Not a chance.

Chairman: Then die.

Osiris: We can't let him take the relics.

Ra: You will stand with us?

*Nephthys raises his hand and a fiery glow covers all the heroes:

All the heroes: Much better.

Setup:

Villains: Advanced Chairman (33 hp), Operative (26 hp).

-At the start-of-the-villain-turn, the Chairman deals 2 infernal damage to the non-villain target with the highest hp.

-At the start-of-the-villain-turn, the Chairman regains 2 hp.

Heroes (in any order): Haka (29 hp), Ra (26 hp), Wraith (23 hp), Mr. Fixer, and Expatriette.

-Put Nephthys (22 hp) and Osiris (25 hp) into play.

Osiris

Hero

At the start-of-the-environment-turn destroy the target with the lowest hp, other than a character card.

Nephthys

Hero

At the start-of-the-environment-turn each hero regains 1 hp.

Environment: Rook City

Pages