The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Favorite Spirit Combos

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Physicswizzard
Favorite Spirit Combos

We all know there are certain spirits that work well together: 

Heat of the Wildfire and Stone Unyeilding Defiance can stack up enough blight from the box on the blight card that you can keep the island healthy for a full game.  

Finder of Paths Unseen and Ocean's Hungry Grasp can let you drown problematic cities in the center of the board.

Spread of the Rampent Green (plus Vital Strength of the Earth) can help the Slumbering Serpent wake up much faster.

So what are some of your favorite combos?  What spirits play well together?

Physicswizzard

fjur
fjur's picture

Well, the obvious one is Sharp Fangs Behind the Leaves and Many Minds Move As One.

This space was intentionally left blank.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ocean with River and/or Bringer is basically a conveyer belt of nom-nom-nom for Ocean (like that Halloween episode of the Simpsons where Homer is force-fed doughnuts in Hell) :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Godai
Godai's picture

Ocean and Lure, and if you need a third, River. The coasts are empty, the center is empty, and the river pushes things wherever they are more quickly to die. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Ocean (seeing a theme here) and Wind-Lightning.  Wind-Lightning can grant +1 Range to Ocean almost every round, which means it never has to worry about pushing its presence out of the ocean to hit coastal lands at Range 0.  This accelerates it and boosts its effectiveness dramatically.  The Fast that comes with it is a nice bonus, too.

Ocean and Finder should work, but it never seems to pay off like we want.  Ocean always has plenty to do without treating inland lands as coasts, and other spirits have plenty to do without pushing inland invaders into the Ocean.  I have had some nice finishers where I drown 3 Cities with a single action, though.

I actually like Lure with Many Minds just as much as Sharp Fangs.  Lure also places and loves Beasts, though it's not so single-minded about it.  And Many Minds lets it create new kill zones more easily.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!