The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Black Box coming apart

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ulf316
Black Box coming apart

Anyone have the issue where the black paper that has the large flap is tearing away from the cardboard? I'm probably 3 more games from losing the main flap if I don't duct tape a large section of the top of the box, which I don't want to do.

It seems too regular (it's coming apart in a very clear geometric way) to be a fluke so was checking if this was a common problem and is there a better answer than duct tape

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

The same piece was coming apart on mine as wellb and I rarely took mine anywhere due to the weight. I ultimately just tossed the box and transferred things back to the old boxes. Lighter, takes up less space, and i don't have to carry Oblivaeon needlessly around.

Ulf316

I don't transport it anywhere except from the den to my kitchen table. It's a pretty depressing state of affairs as having one box to hold it all was a big selling point for the KS.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I was bummed too that the box didn't work out. Granted I wasn't that happy about it once I put everything in. I don't sleeve my cards so there was a lot of empty space. But at least I fit them all in the EE sized boxes, with Oblivaeon and vengeance style villains all in one so I don't have to lug it around unless I really wanted to for some reason.

poypoyking

Wood glue or elmer's glue works wonders for peeling paper (and is invisible). I have also used wood glue to repair peeling game boards and the evertree from Everdell.