The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of the Multiverse fan art!

615 posts / 0 new
Last post
Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer
Sentinels of the Multiverse fan art!

I have seen a couple of great pieces of Sentinels fan art . . . but I want to see more! 

Post your SotM fan art here! Show us your take on the characters and settings of the Multiverse!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I'm guessing you have already seen the wonderful artwork from the Google+ community that my talented wife drew, but i'll post it here as well for anyone else to feast their eyes upon.

Edit: Resized the image so it isn't so huge.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Once I can find a way to upload it, and once Shattered Timelines has actually been released, I can post one of my Dreamer decks that my friend drew pictures for every card, in pen. She's quite talented. Sadly its an old draft, but she gave me a custom-art Dreamer deck!

You're free to do whatever you want to.

pcgamerpirate
pcgamerpirate's picture

Having a former villain on the team...what could possibly go wrong?

Ever since we saw Silver Gulch, I thought the heroes would have to blend in until they could get the portal back open:

"Defeat by Hippocalypse is no shame, Sentinel. For against Hippocalypse even the strong must fall."

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

What did you use to make these pictures pcgamerpirate?

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

pcgamerpirate
pcgamerpirate's picture

They are hand drawn in pencil, scanned into a computer, then colored with photoshop.

"Defeat by Hippocalypse is no shame, Sentinel. For against Hippocalypse even the strong must fall."

Eclectical_Devices
Eclectical_Devices's picture

Well, while we're posting artwork. I had made a scenario involving both Baron Blade and Omnitron. So here's the big bad Blade Omnitron artwork I did.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

This may be completely unhelpful, but did you know that in Photoshop, if you have a black and white line drawing on one layer, then you make another layer for the color but change that layer's type to be "multiply", you can color all the way up to the black lines and even on top of them, and it won't actually color over the black lines?  It makes coloring in black and white drawings like that super easy and pleasant.  I only mention it because of the uncolored spots in the drawing, and I didn't know if you were using this technique.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

pcgamerpirate
pcgamerpirate's picture

Thank you, Spiff. I've been looking for ways to better color my drawings. As of right now, I've been using the fill tool (quick, but leaves those nasty white spots).

Here's Bunker's last stand (with new coloring method):

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Yeah, that looks nice.  Great job.

DLC Costume

Thought I'd give this a shot. Some friends of mine came over yesterday to show me how to play this game and I had an absolute blast. The whole time I was playing I just really wanted to draw the characters, they were all so much fun! I'm not too fond of the color work, so here's the line art version for anyone interested in giving it a go.

These monuments of power and steel carved in each soul stand forever indestructible for all mankind

Reckless
Reckless's picture
PlaytesterInspiring Presence

Happy to share the experience with ya, guy.  Tempest looks fantastic!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Wow. I mean WOW. That is an AMAZING Tempest drawing. Would it be wrong to ask for more from you, DLC Costume? I love the painting look.

DLC Costume

Oh I fully intend on doing most if not all of the characters, Evand! :D I'm so glad you liked my lil scribbly doos, thanks so much!

These monuments of power and steel carved in each soul stand forever indestructible for all mankind

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Here's some fan crafts.  I didn't actually make them myself though.  They were a gift from one of the overseas fans whose shipping I sponsored in the last kickstarter.  I think they are friggin' sweet!!

Attachments: 
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

jagarciao wrote:

Here's some fan crafts.  I didn't actually make them myself though.  They were a gift from one of the overseas fans whose shipping I sponsored in the last kickstarter.  I think they are friggin' sweet!! 

These are wonderful!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Jbgandalf

Are these stitched because they sure look like it?  Whoever made these should go in to business.  I bet quite a few people here would buy a set as the perfect card holders for each character!

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Yup, it's all embroidered.  They are a bit bigger than card-size, but I imagine they could be made smaller.  I will pass your comments on to the crafter... who knows, she might indeed start producing them in quantity for purchase.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

She'd have to be careful about selling things with >G intellectual property. Giving them away or making them for herself is one thing, but trying to make money on their IP is not nice. frown

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Good point.  Though with the amount of work these things probably take... I doubt there would be much profit in it anyways.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

im no lawyer but might that be Fair Use? it's a different medium, and why people on Etsy can get away with making Mario and Final Fantasy and zelda and such crafts and such of highly trademarked and copyrighted video game figures - because it is a different medium

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

So I can sell a Micky Mouse t-shirt because that's a different medium than a cartoon? No, it's illegal. 

Reckless
Reckless's picture

I think the important thing to remember is that >G is made of nothing but cool people who are easy to talk to about almost every aspect of Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun
The Matriarch's Psychic damage is her forcing a gratuitous amount of Snapple facts about birds into a hero's brain.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:

So I can sell a Micky Mouse t-shirt because that's a different medium than a cartoon? No, it's illegal. 

Undoubtedly its because Disney has /trademarked/ micky  as well, and probably put a copyright on tshirts - but again, not a lawyer don't know for certain but....

all you have to do is do a google for Zelda Etsy and youll get 

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=all&includes%5B%5D=tags&search_query=zelda

as the top link - now the Triforce symbol is probably too generic to be copyrighted, (but who knows, right? it is a giant company in nintendo) but if you scroll through there, i see at least one hoody, and a blanket with what is no doubt a faithful pixel by pixel represenatation of Link - I'm wondering how they are allowed to do these, when undoutbedly Nintendo is big enough to squash these things if it was something that challenged their control over that image. (if they dont challenge it then they loose control, i do remember that much from my business classes)

however! I don't want to derail this thread anymore, so if this is a top people want to continue talking about lets make a new thread somewhere yeah?

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

dypaca
dypaca's picture
Playtester

Here are two I created for the wiki.  I was planning to make one a week for each hero, but then got sidetracked after two.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nice!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Those are great. :)

DLC Costume

Reckless was over again today, which inspired me to finish this after a nice game with the gang!

fba827

All of these (yes, all of these) are really awesome.  nice work! yes

(alas, I can barely even draw stick figures, else i would share too)

Is having fun saving the multiverse

Reckless
Reckless's picture

As always, I'm looking forward to our next game, DLC.  It's always awesome seeing what you want to draw next after we save the world.  It makes me feel like I'm part of the creative process!

Fine artwork, everyone.  Keep up the good work!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

kirioni

There is a lot of artistic talent in this community! Thanks for sharing it with us!

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Again, DLC, I am just so amazed. Bravo. It's really awesome, I must say.

dypaca
dypaca's picture
Playtester

Not sure how much cross fandom I'll find here, but here are the characters of Community in the timeline where Jeff somehow rolled a 7 and they all became Sentinels characters for some reason:

I kind of wish I'd added the dean as Visionary and Chang as keytar wielding Adept, but there was also a point where I was really wishing I'd just stopped with Troy and Abed so I didn't want to grow the picture anymore.

Attachments: 
Garou
Garou's picture
Playtester

Troy and Abed fighting viiiillaaains!

Great picture, I love it!

Reckless
Reckless's picture

That is fantastic!  I love Community.

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

boxwood
Playtester

dypaca that is amazing, and I hope to one day see The Visionairdean. Hopefully I'm not alone there.

dypaca
dypaca's picture
Playtester

boxwood wrote:

dypaca that is amazing, and I hope to one day see The Visionairdean. Hopefully I'm not alone there.

Thanks.  I don't know if I'll try Visionary dean, but you can see Emma Frost dean here: http://www.avivor.com/english/?p=53

I came across that picture while searching for refence images for mine.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

Holy. Crap. Community win. That's amazing and hilarious.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Sentinels/Community crossover?

Alex
Alex's picture
Playtester

Ooh, we got a place for fanart! I gotta get in on this!

So this is my own interpretation of La Paradoja Magnifica, before even the playtesters saw what it looked like and I felt like adding some illustrations to the playtesting decks( the Playtesters are given very basic cards during testing that only have names, text, and keywords. But they all still have a space where the illustration would go if it were there). All I knew was that the card was a "Timeship" and a Relic, which sounded cool enough to try drawing.

I sort of imagined her Timeship looking like an ordinary sailing ship with a bunch of ring-shaped structures for sails that it would use to latch onto a timestream like a cablecar, drawing temporal energy into the ship and giving it more stable direction. I guess the timestreams represent the major routes of causality, or in other words the only timelines we actually care about for the puropses of our story. i.e. there's one particular section of timestream that branches into two realities: one where Finest Legacy dies and one where Newest Legacy dies. This is a major event fork because it determines so many other outcomes and has such a big impact on the timeline. There's also a grubjillion nigh-microscopic timestreams that constantly branch out from the main timestreams, winding around, intersecting, congealing for brief momments before dispersing again. These form a sort of "sea of time" if a sea were to take on non-euclidian geometry. The sea is full of all the minor events that don't really matter, like which of the two eggs in a carton someone choose to have for breakfast in the timeline where that person took 18.45982 seconds to find a matching pair of black tube socks and remembered it was Wednesday exactly 2 minutes and 58.19345 seconds before they remembered to brush their teeth, etc... Stuff way to tiny for a Timeship's temporal sail-rings to latch onto that no one really cares about anyway.

Um, alright, I know I was gonna show you guys that fanart, but can I keep talking? Making up pseudoscience is fun!

On the other end of the scale we have the gargantuan, ancient timestream at the very dawn of time. This one's too big for any ship to latch onto, and it is what determines the starting parameters for every universe's laws of physics-- this is where the Multiverse is created. In theory, a big enough timeship could ride this universal starting stream to travel to any other dimension in existence, though such a device would likely require the combined resources of an entire universe. Thus, time-travel does not enable interdimensional travel between planes of existance too different to share any reasonably-sized timestreams, even though time and space are one and the same( wait, that's a law of physics, too, isn't it? I guess that's the one property that is multiversally constant, not specific to any one universe). Luckily there are other more "conventional" methods of universe-hopping, as we see from Infernal Relics. But these methods don't appear to be quite as efficient at time-travel.

Hmm... I just thought of something. Not counting psychics, it seems like a lot of magic users in Sentinels of the Multiverse have some kind of extradimensional connection. Maybe that's how magic works; you're alowed to break your own universe's laws of physics if you sneak in laws from another one. Hey, that must be what Gloomweaver is after! The mundane properties of our world are incredibly powerful magik from his perspective, and vice-versa. He tempts his cultist followers by offering them powers only the Realm of Dischord's physics would allow( Man, how can this universe NOT have the basic property that corpses can be made into zombies simply by running their life-sustaining chemical reactions backwards? And what's up with π? No wonder their magic circles don't work properly; everybody knows π = 3! But... wait a minute. Is creating a gravitational singularity really as simple as making something with infinite mass and zero volume in this universe!? And these "minds" the humans have... not only do their brains exist in all 3 spacial dimensions, but they use electricity and are susceptable to anxiety disorders! Not even the revered Monk-Chefs of the Third-and-a-Half Disturbing Klein Bottle could achieve such a powerful level of conciousness! Now this is a dimension with some great Magik potential!).

Argh I typed too much. Here. Look. It's a timeship.

Maybe I'll post a colored one later. Once Shattered Timelines is out for real I might post some other doodles I made on the cards.

I make games! Here's one of them! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/626169

BoardGameGeek interviewed me about my contribution to Shattered Timelines, Kismet! http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/17671/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-shat...

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

If you were even a fraction as thorough with the Villain Contest, I can see why you made it to the top with Kismet. She must have a full-fledged backstory, eh?

Funtastic arts, everyone, by the by!

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

VigilancePress

Hey Gang!

This is a work in progress, but I don't know when I'll get a chance to finish it. I recently discovered this card game, fell in love with it, and decided to do a "Project Rooftop" style re-design of Wraith. Hope you guys like seeing art in the raw. :)

Kudos to the designers and publishers of this great game, from a fellow game designer and publisher, and fan of superheroes. :)

-James Dawsey

We publish Role-Playing Games and more!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Check out our website for galleries, news, and more!

DLC Costume

"I'll just do a quick sketch of a Haka redimagining"
"ok, just flat colors"
"ok just some basic shading"
"alright, airbrush but only a little bit"
"ok but no lighting"
"maybe a little lighting.."

Absolute Zero reimaging line art already half way through U3U
(I wish I was actually smart enough to play this game lol)

Reckless
Reckless's picture

I think you're learning how to play at a great pace!  You've just played the characters with the most math so far!

This is an awesome redesign.  Excellent work, sir!  Perhaps the forum will conjure up an Ultimate/New 52 Universe for the Sentinels with your redesign series!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

Nielzabub
Nielzabub's picture
Playtester

In Sentinels 52, Haka will be gay only so that his lover will die in the first issue and give him reason to fight against the forces of darkness. Issues involving Mr. Fixer will probably be written by Geoff Johns.

Good ideas are usually just bad ideas a stubborn person eventually fixed.

DLC Costume

Continuing Sentinels 52 redesigns with Absolute Zero because this was amazingly fun to draw. Frozen robot...frobot...

Reckless
Reckless's picture

That is fantastic!  He's like a walking, talking snow blower!

Ra, God of the Fun
Draw, God of the Sun

Ryushikaze
Playtester

lynkfox wrote:
 now the Triforce symbol is probably too generic to be copyrighted, (but who knows, right? it is a giant company in nintendo)

Just a quick pop in- we can discuss further elsewhere, as suggested, but the Triforce symbol can't be copyrighted partly because its use far predates the existence of modern copyright, and is thus public domain. It's the Hojo family crest. So anyone can use it, really.

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

So today I introduced my friends to Sentinels of the Multiverse, and fortunately they loved it. Then we played 1000 Blank White Cards, and my amazingly talented friend Rory produced these:

They're probably not quite as amazing if you don't know the people, but I still thought they were worth sharing.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

It's fairly  interesting that the one female is a Male hero and the others (aside for Omni) are males as female heroes. Also they sound really neat, and make look like they fit their SotM counterparts very well.

Vyolynce
Vyolynce's picture

Ronway wrote:
It's fairly  interesting that the one female is a Male hero

Unless she's really Young Legacy.

Pages