The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #266: Blue vs Red

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture
Weekly One-Shot #266: Blue vs Red

. . . Chupa-thingy

La Capitan, Miss Information, Sgt Steel, Greazer, and Ambuscade are duking it out with La Comodora, Bloodmage Lifeline, FV Bunker, Captain Cosmic, and Red Right Hand Dr. Medico (though MY edition has base Bunker and Dr. Medico :P) while surrounded by Chupa-Thingys in the Final Wasteland.

Good luck heroes!

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint, though a slow game with Lifeline down and the others ~mid teens thanks to Dr. Medico.

Like stated above, the original release has base Bunker and Dr. Medico. It was fixed to the Red versions later by MigrantP, so that was my first game. Lifeline dropped real fast (partly due to a badly timed Cosmic Immolation, partly due to lots of AoE damage), but that takes out Greazer as well so that was something. After that, I was just trying to survive with heroes that have a kind of hard time dealing a ton of damage without a lot of setup. I was mostly letting the environment whittle the villains down more than anything. Once I got a bit set up, the other villains started dropping without too much danger. Kill ordre was Greazer, Steel, MI, Ambuscade, and finally La Capitan after Chiquito got eaten by a Chupa-Thingy permanently.

Second time I tried with the properly Red versions of Bunker and Dr. Medico. FV5 bunker makes things easier with his ability to play cards earlier, and RRH Dr can deal some serious damage with his stuff and Con's Bunker, so it was much easier. Lifeline managed to survive this time, while still doing stupid amounts of damage with Cosmic Immolation and Unleash Energy.

In both I kept the Library and Con's Bunker in play the whole game, and almost always drew extra cards, since the environment was keeping the Villains down.

~A-Kat

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Of all the references to get in a one-shot, Red vs. Blue was not one of them. XD

Pretty sure I minted this, and it was a surprisingly fun fight. I didn't completely dummy my way through it, and that random Cosmic Immolation ended up being a pretty decent thing. I might have lost Lifeline by the end, I forget. Regardless, it was pretty much in the heroes' favor the entire time, minus Chiquito's thieving ways.

daemonprince

Once the Library and Con's Bunker are out, I had an adhesive foam grenade that Bunker played over and over thanks to La Commadora, really kept the environment in check and gave a ton of card draws to really make things go a lot easier.

Mint with everyone but Lifeline at 10 and everyone else over 20. 

mb

AOE fest ! Yeah, this was a fun one, ended quick. I ended up comboing an immunisation with lifeline play 2 cards twice in one turn, which meant no damage to him but plenty damage to all vilain targets. Then on the same turn, bunker was able to play 2 external combustions (dont remember how; I think because of commadora). Needless to say, that pretty much wiped the field. The hardest part was dealing with glamour once ambuscade was down, but only a 3 pt capitan was left at that point.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Minted, everyone alive. 

Never played Cosmic Immolation and never used Medico's RRH ability.

Don't remember much.

-metablender

Mint with all heroes but Dr. Medico in the low single digits, he was nearly at full. La Capitan was removed from the game at the very end.

Regeneration and Red Right Hand can chew through a heck of a lot given that there is 11 individual turns in this game. You can use Experimental Medicine if damage reduction is out, although skipping that card for various damage boosts from the team can turn Dr. Medico into a beast. It's also easy to manipulate the environment with La Comodora, Bunker, and perhaps Lifeline if you get Discharge Lifeforce out. Even if not used for damage, Dr. Medico can go from nothing to full HP if his prime healing cards are out with a full round Regeneration. A timely From The Brink kept La Commodora from being ravaged out of existance by cryptids!

Much more fun compared to its counterpart a few months back, would play again.

"What did I just tell you about making up animals?"

bolnerap

Done on the second environment turn, I sold out for as much damage as possible (Immolation, getting as much environment stuff as possible in play, External Combustion) and it all worked out.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Got a Mint myself. I paid the Greazer Tax, but otherwise everyone managed to survive. I definitely went with Cosmic Immolation to try and really overwhelm the bad guys, since I figured Lifeline wasn't going to last long regardless, and it got Steel out of the way early enough to let me survive. I hunkered down near the end, using a lot of healing to let the environment wipe out the Slaughterhouse Six, and finished by taking out La Capitan, who lived a very, very long time due to how much discard was in play.